Sophdoeslife (aka Sophdoesnails)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my opinion, it’s better than posting it and putting additional unnecessary stress on the postal service. Plus it’s still the same outcome - someone dropping a gift at their door, though they’re only dropping off at hers, not every house in the area.

They could have also incorporated it into another trip to be fair. It was my Mum’s birthday last week and I dropped her presents off on the way to do my food shop as it literally drive past.

Sound like I’m a massive Soph stan, but I think she’s been fairly unproblematic during Covid, especially compared to other youtubers (Fleur, I’m looking at you 💔)

Reactions: 28
yeah I don’t think dropping presents round and standing at a distance is a problem. My dad made a roast dinner for my grandparents and great aunt, dropping it around to theirs as an early birthday treat for my Nan. It’s better than flouting the rules altogether and it’s good for their mental health.

I hate the ‘what I got for Christmas/birthday’ videos, I don’t know why.

Reactions: 13
Alright, jeez, I was just saying 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also don't think it necessary that she's making a cake for her dad to take round when that could have been swapped over at the the same time?

Also, you don't know that they were stood at a distance. Same as I don't know that they weren't. I just don't believe it's necessary when I've missed family wakes and birthdays etc much like everyone else.

Sure, Soph has been unproblematic during Covid, I'm not disputing that at all. Maybe I'm pissed off with people breaking rules and living next to an hole that is constantly having parties while I'm sticking to every rule. I wouldn't just pop to my dads to give a bloody cake or get presents.

Not saying Soph has been breaking rules, I mean just in general and the unnecessary presents drop off annoyed me as has the cake. I'm entitled to be annoyed at that when people are missing out on things like this to keep their family safe.

Probably get dog piled for this but hey ho.

Also I think at a certain age the "what I got for xyz" should stop. It's seems very... Braggy? I'm not sure if that's the right word because it's not like it's mega extravagant gifts with lots of designer tit so maybe not Braggy but I can't think of another word to fit what I mean?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Alright, jeez, I was just saying 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also don't think it necessary that she's making a cake for her dad to take round when that could have been swapped over at the the same time?

Also, you don't know that they were stood at a distance. Same as I don't know that they weren't. I just don't believe it's necessary when I've missed family wakes and birthdays etc much like everyone else.

Sure, Soph has been unproblematic during Covid, I'm not disputing that at all. Maybe I'm pissed off with people breaking rules and living next to an hole that is constantly having parties while I'm sticking to every rule. I wouldn't just pop to my dads to give a bloody cake or get presents.

Not saying Soph has been breaking rules, I mean just in general and the unnecessary presents drop off annoyed me as has the cake. I'm entitled to be annoyed at that when people are missing out on things like this to keep their family safe.

Probably get dog piled for this but hey ho.

Also I think at a certain age the "what I got for xyz" should stop. It's seems very... Braggy? I'm not sure if that's the right word because it's not like it's mega extravagant gifts with lots of designer tit so maybe not Braggy but I can't think of another word to fit what I mean?
i promise I wasn’t attacking you! I know what it’s like to miss things. I haven’t seen my mum or grandparents in over a year and was stuck in hospital for the first locdown.

of course we don’t know if she stuck to the rules, we have to take her at face value just like any of us on here.

I can understand and empathise with how you are feeling. Please don’t feel that we are attacking you as I don’t think that it was meant that way. Not by me at least, I’m sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
To be fair compared to other youtubers/influencers Soph has had no drama in relation to covid. I truly believe she has followed all of the rules and it reflects in her videos about how sad she has been/hurt that she hasn’t been able to spend time with her parents and brother especially at Christmas and she was crying on Instagram stories etc. I don’t think dropping a cake off when there’s others having house parties, partying in Dubai and carrying out non essential procedures (Elle Darby’s boyfriend - hair transplant). Don’t get me wrong she can get on my nerves but I don’t think dropping a cake off after a year apart is all that bad. She’s mentioned her mental health has suffered so let her drop a cake off 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair compared to other youtubers/influencers Soph has had no drama in relation to covid. I truly believe she has followed all of the rules and it reflects in her videos about how sad she has been/hurt that she hasn’t been able to spend time with her parents and brother especially at Christmas and she was crying on Instagram stories etc. I don’t think dropping a cake off when there’s others having house parties, partying in Dubai and carrying out non essential procedures (Elle Darby’s boyfriend - hair transplant). Don’t get me wrong she can get on my nerves but I don’t think dropping a cake off after a year apart is all that bad. She’s mentioned her mental health has suffered so let her drop a cake off 😂
I agree! Although I thought it was really weird when she went away with her parents and bf (to Cornwall? Can't remember) and tried to convince us they all stayed in the same house but social distanced from her parents. I mean you're all living and breathing on the same surfaces at that point so it's a bit pointless

Reactions: 12
I agree! Although I thought it was really weird when she went away with her parents and bf (to Cornwall? Can't remember) and tried to convince us they all stayed in the same house but social distanced from her parents. I mean you're all living and breathing on the same surfaces at that point so it's a bit pointless
Ahh I didn’t actually know that because I didn’t watch the Cornwall vlog! I’m sure she said the only time she has seen her parents was outside at a BBQ in the summer. But maybe she was talking about them coming to her house. Hmm her life is quite private including where she lives, her surname, her family so maybe it would be quite easy for her to break the rules without us knowing. But I still think she’s quite genuine to be honest she seems the type who wouldn’t want to let her followers down and avoids cancel culture at all costs

Reactions: 4
Ok so I’m halfway through her new video testing About Face and I had to stop and write a post. She’s just used most of the products so far wrong and is basically suggesting that they’re bad but in reality, she doesn’t know how to use them? Like why does she bother testing products she doesn’t use regularly or doesn’t know how to use? Also she never really seems to plan out looks like other beauty youtubers, which is fine, but they also go wrong so maybe she should?

Reactions: 5
Ok so I’m halfway through her new video testing About Face and I had to stop and write a post. She’s just used most of the products so far wrong and is basically suggesting that they’re bad but in reality, she doesn’t know how to use them? Like why does she bother testing products she doesn’t use regularly or doesn’t know how to use? Also she never really seems to plan out looks like other beauty youtubers, which is fine, but they also go wrong so maybe she should?
I completely agree. That whole video is a mess and shows she has not put any thought into it. She has completely bashed a product line even though she hasn’t used the products properly and her make up skills are terrible. And am I the only one that hates her eyebrows? I couldn’t stop looking at them.

Reactions: 6
For a beauty guru she ain’t that good at using makeup is she :ROFLMAO: ..... I mean she’s not the worst but when you see her looks in comparison to others they are extremely mediocre, and there’s nothing special about her looks or what she does really.
And it just seems like pure laziness that she hadn’t researched or put any thought into her new video. Just shows that youtubers really will do anything for a check:unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's super annoying when she goes on about how much the makeup cost her and emphasising how expensive shipping is as if to prove she actually paid for it, she doesn't complain about prices when Nars send her her foundation's for free
I understand giving the price for information purposes but you'd swear someone forced her to order it all

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For a beauty guru she ain’t that good at using makeup is she :ROFLMAO: ..... I mean she’s not the worst but when you see her looks in comparison to others they are extremely mediocre, and there’s nothing special about her looks or what she does really.
And it just seems like pure laziness that she hadn’t researched or put any thought into her new video. Just shows that youtubers really will do anything for a check:unsure:
Yes this!!! I dont find her makeup skills amazing at all. Plus it feels like she doesnt really understand what suits her either. Her dark eyeshadow looks like tit tbh. Her and Steph Toms are similar in terms of makeup ability- although Steph Toms is a head while Soph doesnt annoy me as much! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her attitude stank in this video. From the start she had decided she wasn't going to like it so had a negative opinion on it the whole way through. When she said "whatever this is" about one of the products with a little smirk...how bloody rude!!

I thought similar when she reviewed Roxi’s latest revolution collab, she was so salty about it and kept mentioning that there were no shades for darker skin. I’m not saying that I don’t agree with that, but I also get annoyed when influencers act like if you have deeper skin you just can’t wear light shades?! Like of course you can!!

I thought similar when she reviewed Roxi’s latest revolution collab, she was so salty about it and kept mentioning that there were no shades for darker skin. I’m not saying that I don’t agree with that, but I also get annoyed when influencers act like if you have deeper skin you just can’t wear light shades?! Like of course you can!!
And like that she’s cared about that when she was making her own ranges.....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I completely agree. That whole video is a mess and shows she has not put any thought into it. She has completely bashed a product line even though she hasn’t used the products properly and her make up skills are terrible. And am I the only one that hates her eyebrows? I couldn’t stop looking at them.
I dislike her eyebrows too, she just makes them straight, no shape, they look like worms.
I don't know this Halsey but I agree that the makeup is quite expensive for the packaging/amount of product that you get. The products look pretty average, nothing spectacular.

Missa is talented but there's something I don't like her about her not sure what
I understand what you mean, I dont watch every video anymore, just the odd one but I can’t pin point exactly why. I do admire her talent though.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.