Sophdoeslife (aka Sophdoesnails)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness to them I love that an influencer has adopted a dog and not just bought a insta dog. Well done to them, I liked that they addressed that and spoke about the process and how important it is to rescue - they both seem so happy with her and as Soph works from work it is genuinely A good thing to do. Genuinely pleased for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Now if she's gonna start dog vlogs and doggie content I'm all for that. In all seriousness she's done a lovely thing and I applaud her for that

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Out of all the influencers she’s one of the of the best candidates for a dog I think, she was never one to be off on brand trips constantly, she does a few here and there but never constantly! For example I really like Jamie Genevieve but I did feel sorry for her dogs always being left with her parents whilst they went abroad on practically a weekly basis 🥺

Reactions: 15
Out of all the influencers she’s one of the of the best candidates for a dog I think, she was never one to be off on brand trips constantly, she does a few here and there but never constantly! For example I really like Jamie Genevieve but I did feel sorry for her dogs always being left with her parents whilst they went abroad on practically a weekly basis 🥺
I’m sure her boyfriend works from home too, so even if she goes on a brand trip, the dog will probably with him anyway.

I’d love her to share the full journey to adoption etc!

Reactions: 5
I really like Sophie. I’ve not seen masses of James so I don’t really have an opinion on him, but he seems okay to me. I’d say she’s one of the more down to Earth Youtubers, and seems to maintain a fairly ‘normal’ lifestyle. Her new dog seems cute and I love tht she’s adopted rather than get a puppy. And she doesn’t travel half as much as some other Youtubers so I think she will be a great dog owner. I’m happy for her being able to buy her own home too, I’m glad she’s using the money she’s making wisely as the YouTube career won’t last forever

I was going to mention Jamie. I love her but I did feel for the dogs, especially last year when she was travelling a lot. I know she left them with her parents and they’d have been safe and looked after, but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Totally agree she’s going to be an amazing dog owner and is so lovely to see a YouTubed adopt a dog! I know a lot of people can find her boring but I also think with that to say her following and collabs she’s done she’s probably the most normal person on the platform for her success level.
Also good to see her be very honest about vieve!! So much better review that Jordan’s of Mitchell’s make up

Reactions: 19
Totally agree she’s going to be an amazing dog owner and is so lovely to see a YouTubed adopt a dog! I know a lot of people can find her boring but I also think with that to say her following and collabs she’s done she’s probably the most normal person on the platform for her success level.
Also good to see her be very honest about vieve!! So much better review that Jordan’s of Mitchell’s make up
I think she's fairly unproblematic and genuine and even if she's boring sometimes, like it's so nice to see someone with a big platform adopt a dog rather than get one from a breeder (after what happened with molly mae) and she's probably the only youtuber/influencer I follow that hasn't gone on holiday this year as soon as it got to around june when we're still in a pandemic when she could've done if she wanted to

Reactions: 20
Do you know what you're right with all her success she could of had an over inflated ego but doesn't she's really young and very grounded

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Do you know what you're right with all her success she could of had an over inflated ego but doesn't she's really young and very grounded
I totally agree. She seems like a lovely girl and does seem to realise how lucky she is. She’s very young to own a home, and that’s great for her as she’s got that security that not many people have, especially at her age. I don’t know if it’s her parents or management or whatever, but I do think she’s got someone there keeping her grounded and realistic.

Reactions: 7
I totally agree. She seems like a lovely girl and does seem to realise how lucky she is. She’s very young to own a home, and that’s great for her as she’s got that security that not many people have, especially at her age. I don’t know if it’s her parents or management or whatever, but I do think she’s got someone there keeping her grounded and realistic.
I also think it's quite obvious the success hasn't gone to her head, I know she does a lot of ads (but it is her income after all and it does seem to be with brands that she would use anyway) but there are some youtubers/influencers who you can tell are all about the money and the success has proper got to them and will do every ad they get offered and come across as very ingenuine, I can name many YouTubers I watch who have changed significantly since channel growth and are now evidently are only in it for the money and not because they enjoy it anymore

I also think it's quite obvious the success hasn't gone to her head, I know she does a lot of ads (but it is her income after all and it does seem to be with brands that she would use anyway) but there are some youtubers/influencers who you can tell are all about the money and the success has proper got to them and will do every ad they get offered and come across as very ingenuine, I can name many YouTubers I watch who have changed significantly since channel growth and are now evidently are only in it for the money and not because they enjoy it anymore
Absolutely. And I know Sophie gets a lot of PR, but I don’t feel like she mentions it as much? I don’t know, something about her is just likeable. I know people think she’s boring but I think that’s almost what I like about her. She’s not always off to exotic locations and she’s not always going out shopping and doing hauls, and I feel like that’s how the majority of us are, especially at the moment.
my boyfriend can’t stand most of the people I watch but he likes Sophie 😂 he says she’s ‘not annoying’, whatever that means 😂😂

Reactions: 10
Totally agree! And as boring as James sometimes seems to be a really lovely person so hopefully will keep her grounded. I do worry that because she is so young she has plenty of time to become one of those inflated ego influencers, but hopefully that is just me being pessimistic!

I've unsubscribed now but considering she didn't finish uni and doesn't have a "real" job, she definitely doesn't seem to have let the social media "fame" get to her. She's not flashy or entitled and seems grounded which isn't common with a lot of influencers with followings even a quarter of what she has.

Think of all the puppy breeding scandals other influencers have given us! And here's Sophie doing the responsible thing.

I almost feel bad for unsubscribing now lol but she was getting boring.

Does the way she does her eyeshadow bother anyone else? She constantly says ‘I should have used a smaller brush’ but never picks one up next time she uses eyeshadow. Especially with colourful looks! Then she wonders why her blending goes muddy

Reactions: 4
Her eyeshadow has always bothered me, it's straight out of Drag Race. She's got a very small, young looking face that gets completely overwhelmed by the neon burgundy eyeshadow covering her entire eye socket. She's a very pretty girl with striking blue eyes who would look lovely with a more subtle eye look. She could still wear those bright and very pigmented colours if she just toned it down and didn't cover so much of her face with it.

Reactions: 4
Does the way she does her eyeshadow bother anyone else? She constantly says ‘I should have used a smaller brush’ but never picks one up next time she uses eyeshadow. Especially with colourful looks! Then she wonders why her blending goes muddy
She's naturally very pretty she needs to do make up that plays to that instead of colour looks that don't suit her much equally her make up skills aren't that great

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.