Sophdoeslife (aka Sophdoesnails)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her recent q&a video she said James used to be a teacher but now looks after disabled kids.

I wondered if he left his teaching job so he'd be able to go on brand trips that they both get invited on? Obviously as a teacher he couldn't go during term time and brand trips are usually all throughout the year.

If this is the case then I like him even less than I did...

If he genuinely just wanted to work with disabled kids then fair enough!

Reactions: 8
I was previously a teacher, I don’t blame him for leaving. He may well have liked the teaching and his student but everything behind the scenes is pure hell. I doubt he left for brand trips, he is still only able to take his annual leave and not just jet off here and there.

Soph really is ‘super’ annoying recently. I think it takes a special kind of someone to live with her.

Reactions: 17
I was previously a teacher, I don’t blame him for leaving. He may well have liked the teaching and his student but everything behind the scenes is pure hell. I doubt he left for brand trips, he is still only able to take his annual leave and not just jet off here and there.

Soph really is ‘super’ annoying recently. I think it takes a special kind of someone to live with her.

Oh yeah, I get that he still only has a fixed amount of holidays but I'm sure they'd be more spread out and not fixed to, say, school holidays when it's more expensive etc. I can't even imagine him as a teacher the way he acts on her videos.

She does my head in through a screen so I couldn't imagine having to live with her! 😂

Reactions: 5
I just can’t cope with this!!
The amount of stuff these people get sent, why do they need every single one?
She always goes on about brands and what they send, start calling them out! Or do a proper give away, use one for a video and then gift the rest of the collection away, she’s so wasteful, constantly testing new make up and then selling it as lightly used!

Reactions: 7
She always goes on about brands and what they send, start calling them out! Or do a proper give away, use one for a video and then gift the rest of the collection away, she’s so wasteful, constantly testing new make up and then selling it as lightly used!
I know it isn’t her fault, it just really bugs me!

I know it isn’t her fault, it just really bugs me!
True but influencers have the power to change how brands send PR.

Those in the panning and no/low buy community straight up tell brands not to send PR while others make sure brands only send what they can use. I think colourpop even changed to only send a range of complexion colours the influencer can use then I've seen others send full size of suitable colours and samples of unsuitable colours in case it's needed for swatching.

She can also 100% afford to buy makeup then recoup what she's spent (and more!) through the content she creates with it.

With the views she gets the expense would be negligible and she's at a point in her career that she can write it off on taxes.

It's not easy but it's also not impossible, she can lead some kind of change. She missed a chance when she worked with Revolution tbh but she can still do something.

I'm digging at Soph cos this is her thread but it goes for all YouTubers. And maybe her moreso seeing as she has a revolving door of makeup which ends up in a giveaway or on depop.

Reactions: 12
Her new video makes absolutely no sense. Playing roulette with advent calendar but then keep doing the number generator again and using calendars that have skincare in as well. The concept is a good idea but not executed well at all

Reactions: 10
Her new video makes absolutely no sense. Playing roulette with advent calendar but then keep doing the number generator again and using calendars that have skincare in as well. The concept is a good idea but not executed well at all
Yes! She said she chose those 2 calendars because "they have the most make up in them" what she really meant is she got sent them and doesn't want to fork out for an actual makeup calendar. There are plenty of makeup ones she could have used. The 2 she used are known for having alot of skincare. She's such a dick.

When she said she wants to go on a break in the UK because "she hasn't been on a holiday this year"!!! Boo bleeping hoo. What about the people that are actually working hard during the pandemic or people that work hard every day, every year but still can't afford Holidays. No it's poor Soph because she hasn't been anywhere in a year. duck right off. bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Same. Painful to watch. Why did she even post it?
She probably thought it was going to be funny and quirky. It was tit.

I much prefer Sophie Louise's Advent calendar videos and Soph was trying to get in on that as they do well with views but wanted to change it so she could say she was the first to do something.

This is unbelievably petty but I just hate the way she says um, not even the amount she says it, the waaay she says it almost makes me skin crawl

• Haha
I can't see the appeal of Soph sure she seem sweet enough but she's very bland and not that engaging

When she said she wants to go on a break in the UK because "she hasn't been on a holiday this year"!!! Boo bleeping hoo. What about the people that are actually working hard during the pandemic or people that work hard every day, every year but still can't afford Holidays. No it's poor Soph because she hasn't been anywhere in a year. duck right off. bleep.
This is just a bit OTT. The girl is a bit bland and can be tone deaf, but calling her a bleep because she wants to go away? I'd hate to be someone in your life who dares tries to have a little moan about the mundane. I can imagine most people at this point want to go anywhere other than their home no matter what they do.

Reactions: 28
This is just a bit OTT. The girl is a bit bland and can be tone deaf, but calling her a bleep because she wants to go away? I'd hate to be someone in your life who dares tries to have a little moan about the mundane. I can imagine most people at this point want to go anywhere other than their home no matter what they do.
agree with you. Plus there are WAY worse youtubers than her. She’s saying she wants to go away but hasn’t AND staying in the country. You’ve got the likes of ana and saffron and many others who have jetted off abroad multiple times throughout this pandemic. I don’t blame Sophie for wanting to go away, okay her job isn’t massively taxing but everyone needs a change of scenery.

Reactions: 30
100% agree!! I’m pretty sure everybody wants a break right now and the fact that she’s said multiple times she’s never go abroad and stuff. She’s actually stuck to the rules and you can see she’s only been in her house. You’ve got people like ana galavanting all over the country mixing with different groups, going abroad several times and just downright thinking they’re above the rules!! I respect soph massively for actually staying in the house and setting a good example!

Reactions: 25
She said she chose those 2 calendars because "they have the most make up in them" what she really meant is she got sent them and doesn't want to fork out for an actual makeup calendar.
This part. Her content is lazy. And her cheapness is costing her... I can’t even say quality content cuz it’s just basic sense to use a makeup calendar for a makeup challenge.
People drag Sophie Louise all the time but at least she original and TRIES in her videos

I think the Advent Calendar video is the worst thing I’ve ever watched on YouTube. What was she thinking?!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.