Solo travel advice & recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im
Any advice on solo travel and recommendations for places over the Christmas period? Thinking of flying somewhere on the 27th ish but not sure where. I hate Christmas and I want to get away this year.
I'm joining a trip to Egypt on the 27th with a group of single travellers I found online...on meetup

Reactions: 4
Has anyone solo travelled in Seville? Is it safe/easy to get around?
Yeh really easy, very safe and beautiful and easy to get from malaga (assuming you are flying tonthere) I would suggest waiting until after summer though!

What's the smallest amount of money people have gone travelling with really feel like I need to get away for like a month or 2

What's the smallest amount of money people have gone travelling with really feel like I need to get away for like a month or 2
It depends how you will be travelling. Excl a place to stay I can probably do about £10-20 a day.
What is the idea? Hostels, camping, apartment, van?

It depends what you’re prepared to do to save money. Travelling around is generally expensive as is alcohol but if you stay in one place it can be cheaper wherever you go.
Many years ago I did a Thailand trip for around £15 a day average. Room was £7 but that was a beach shack with cold shower and generally a toilet you flush by chucking a bucket of water down it. Eating £1 street noodles or £2.50 Thai food restaurant dinners, buying big waters from the shop for 50p, a 7/11 toastie and crisps for lunch for £2 then snacks, beers and shakes here and there. But each day if you wanted to island hop, the boat ride would be £5-15. Flights say £30-60 and so on.
You could get a better room for £15-20, it all depends where you’re prepared to save.

Reactions: 1
It depends what you’re prepared to do to save money. Travelling around is generally expensive as is alcohol but if you stay in one place it can be cheaper wherever you go.
Many years ago I did a Thailand trip for around £15 a day average. Room was £7 but that was a beach shack with cold shower and generally a toilet you flush by chucking a bucket of water down it. Eating £1 street noodles or £2.50 Thai food restaurant dinners, buying big waters from the shop for 50p, a 7/11 toastie and crisps for lunch for £2 then snacks, beers and shakes here and there. But each day if you wanted to island hop, the boat ride would be £5-15. Flights say £30-60 and so on.
You could get a better room for £15-20, it all depends where you’re prepared to save.
Thailand was cheap for me, mainly because I got dysentery and ate nothing, bought nothing but powerade for 5 days, was bed bound xx

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thailand was cheap for me, mainly because I got dysentery and ate nothing, bought nothing but powerade for 5 days, was bed bound xx
Did you get this from drinking tap water or something? What a nightmare when you are on holiday so far from home 😔

Barcelona mid October is it hot enough to spend time at the beach? Looking at possibly going for 5 nights next year. Trying to keep payments cheap so like to book asap would be around £22 a month till I go

Barcelona mid October is it hot enough to spend time at the beach? Looking at possibly going for 5 nights next year. Trying to keep payments cheap so like to book asap would be around £22 a month till I go
I've been a few times in October and it's normally early to mid 20s, the sea will be cold though!

I've been a few times in October and it's normally early to mid 20s, the sea will be cold though!
I already booked it anyway not long after I posted 😅🫣 I thought there will be plenty to do anyway but sounds like I can at least relax on the beach for a day if I wanted

I’ve just booked a trip to Nashville! I’ve never travelled alone before, I’ll be there for 3 weeks! Does anyone have recommendations on what to do?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I can’t decide what to do next year. Whether to use my holidays to get a dog, so I can spend a good 3 weeks with it before I have to work, then only work a few days then have the end of my next week in so I’d have 10/14 days off. Or to go on a solo holiday abroad to somewhere I’ve always wanted and then get a dog early 2025. My plan would be to go camping around the UK when I have the dog. I do have someone who’d look after the dog if I went abroad but I already have two booked/soon to be booked for next year so don’t want to ask too much 😅

I can’t decide what to do next year. Whether to use my holidays to get a dog, so I can spend a good 3 weeks with it before I have to work, then only work a few days then have the end of my next week in so I’d have 10/14 days off. Or to go on a solo holiday abroad to somewhere I’ve always wanted and then get a dog early 2025. My plan would be to go camping around the UK when I have the dog. I do have someone who’d look after the dog if I went abroad but I already have two booked/soon to be booked for next year so don’t want to ask too much 😅
I would say the only issue with getting the dog and having three weeks off with it, is that it most probably will create bad separation anxiety once you return to work.
Unless you work up leaving it home by itself.

I would say the only issue with getting the dog and having three weeks off with it, is that it most probably will create bad separation anxiety once you return to work.
Unless you work up leaving it home by itself.
Yeah I plan to leave it home alone during the first 3 weeks so it can get used to being alone. Just means I can work on other training for the first 3 weeks as well. I work nights so the plan would be to walk before I sleep in the morning and when I wake up and probably let it sleep with me during the day. I can also take it to work with me which I’ll probably do at least when it’s really young. But I’ll want it to be used being left alone if needed as imo it’s one of the most important things to teach a dog. Eventually I’ll probably spilt it so it’s left at home whilst I work sometimes and other times I’ll take it to work with me

Yeah I plan to leave it home alone during the first 3 weeks so it can get used to being alone. Just means I can work on other training for the first 3 weeks as well. I work nights so the plan would be to walk before I sleep in the morning and when I wake up and probably let it sleep with me during the day. I can also take it to work with me which I’ll probably do at least when it’s really young. But I’ll want it to be used being left alone if needed as imo it’s one of the most important things to teach a dog. Eventually I’ll probably spilt it so it’s left at home whilst I work sometimes and other times I’ll take it to work with me
It’s great if you can take to work with you, especially if it’s a puppy. I did this. And we never had separation anxiety because I worked on the leaving by herself. Although I know all dogs are different.
Btw I woulf say get the dog 😍

It’s great if you can take to work with you, especially if it’s a puppy. I did this. And we never had separation anxiety because I worked on the leaving by herself. Although I know all dogs are different.
Btw I woulf say get the dog 😍
Yeah I think I’d get a puppy just as I wouldn’t want an adult dog which already has issues. I’m leaning towards the dog 😄. My 3 family dogs growing up never had separation anxiety, even one we inherited at 9 years old from my grandad who spent the majority of his time with the dog. I’m just stuck on a breed to get. I’ll probably end up with the breed I had growing up but I kind of what a different breed 😅