Solo travel advice & recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else done with long haul? Last one i did was 6 years ago, I'm now just happy exploring Europe it has so much to offer
I’m completely the opposite! I’ve mainly travelled in Europe & the USA and I’ve recently started feeling really aware there’s a big wide world out there and several continents I never or hardly touched yet.

Anyone else done with long haul? Last one i did was 6 years ago, I'm now just happy exploring Europe it has so much to offer
Im currently on the last day of a three week trip around Asia. First week wasnt solo but the last two were. In the three weeks I went to 3 countries. I also did a solo trip to the US last year for two weeks.

I found long haul solo fine. This trip was scarier with more language and cultural differences and I still really enjoyed it. I had one issue getting from the airport to the city but I worked it out. I learned my lesson to check if there are airports nearer the city in future and not go for one a few hours outside the city.

Reactions: 1
Im currently on the last day of a three week trip around Asia. First week wasnt solo but the last two were. In the three weeks I went to 3 countries. I also did a solo trip to the US last year for two weeks.

I found long haul solo fine. This trip was scarier with more language and cultural differences and I still really enjoyed it. I had one issue getting from the airport to the city but I worked it out. I learned my lesson to check if there are airports nearer the city in future and not go for one a few hours outside the city.
Alternatively transport from the Airport. Some Airports can be an utter nightmare, Miami being one of them as the Cabbies Union managed to stop the Metro from being built to the Airport. There is a Van share so if you are travelling alone this is an option and probably exists at other Airports and is worth looking into.
I find most of Europe pretty good even if the Airport is out in the boonies.
I'm a big fan of Austria and this is a great Country to visit solo, a few days in Salzburg and then a few days somewhere like Zell am See would be a great trip.
Weather in the Summer is lovely, odd shower but if sunbathing it's not worth going indoors, just stay at the pool and it passes.

Reactions: 2
Having a lovely solo time in Bologna 😊 Did want to explore further like Ravenna, Ferrara etc. but it's just too hot 😅 and I'm really only going out in the mornings so just not enough time to do everything! Will have to save it for another trip!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Alternatively transport from the Airport. Some Airports can be an utter nightmare, Miami being one of them as the Cabbies Union managed to stop the Metro from being built to the Airport. There is a Van share so if you are travelling alone this is an option and probably exists at other Airports and is worth looking into.
I find most of Europe pretty good even if the Airport is out in the boonies.
I'm a big fan of Austria and this is a great Country to visit solo, a few days in Salzburg and then a few days somewhere like Zell am See would be a great trip.
Weather in the Summer is lovely, odd shower but if sunbathing it's not worth going indoors, just stay at the pool and it passes.
I live in the USA and it can be quite tough in many American cities bc of taxi unions causing issue. For many years in LA they stopped ride share companies like Uber from coming close to the airport and there is no convenient public transport. Nyc is easy bc there’s a subway or train from the diff airports. Seems overwhelming at first but it’s easy.

places like Bangkok or Hong kong have trains going into city Center from airport for cheap and then take a cheap taxi to accommodations- in bkk always confirm the meter is on.

Reactions: 3
I live in the USA and it can be quite tough in many American cities bc of taxi unions causing issue. For many years in LA they stopped ride share companies like Uber from coming close to the airport and there is no convenient public transport. Nyc is easy bc there’s a subway or train from the diff airports. Seems overwhelming at first but it’s easy.

places like Bangkok or Hong kong have trains going into city Center from airport for cheap and then take a cheap taxi to accommodations- in bkk always confirm the meter is on.
I love getting the bus in America it’s very eye opening 🤣

I'd recommend keeping your eyes closed. I got the bus in Miami, looked at the Guy across from me and thought 'do not look down' of course I looked down and sure enough his cock was out and he was masturbating while watching me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
My car has been in the shop so I took a train to do some stuff this weekend and it is overwhelming for me. Some guy took a frying pan out of his bag and started banging on the walls of the train. I ran out and went into another car.

I always feel relatively safe on public transit and have traveled all over the world me but I honestly feel least safe here sadly. So many issues - can’t even get into them. not American so won’t live here forever luckily. When I was 19 I took the bus from Canada into usa and I remember watching a man take a dump outside of Central Park as my initial welcome to America experience as a solo traveler 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone ☺ I've done solo trips but only in cities in Europe (I've never been outside Europe at all actually!). Just wondering if there are any particular non-European destinations that are safe for female travellers, cheap and not too far away? (I'm in London). I've not done flights longer than four hours and am a slightly anxious flyer. Trying not to let anxiety hold me back from travelling, but it can be difficult at times.

I'd recommend keeping your eyes closed. I got the bus in Miami, looked at the Guy across from me and thought 'do not look down' of course I looked down and sure enough his cock was out and he was masturbating while watching me.
Same thing happened me in San Diego!

• Sad
Hi everyone ☺ I've done solo trips but only in cities in Europe (I've never been outside Europe at all actually!). Just wondering if there are any particular non-European destinations that are safe for female travellers, cheap and not too far away? (I'm in London). I've not done flights longer than four hours and am a slightly anxious flyer. Trying not to let anxiety hold me back from travelling, but it can be difficult at times.
You could try Georgia (kind of in Europe but not what most people think of) very safe and cheap. Absolutely beautiful too!

I had a fun time travelling in Morocco but I don't think I'd do it as a solo female again. Or anywhere else North Africa.

I've not been but I think Sri Lanka is quite a good way of getting some south Asian experience without having to go to India.

I loved Thailand (lived there) but it is far

Won a few hundred on the postcode lottery. Might buy flights with it since it’s money I wasn’t counting on 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
So close to booking Cappadocia, I would’ve booked it if I knew what was happening with my shifts at work. Although I need to find my passport not sure where I put it 🤔

Any advice on solo travel and recommendations for places over the Christmas period? Thinking of flying somewhere on the 27th ish but not sure where. I hate Christmas and I want to get away this year.

• Wow
Any advice on solo travel and recommendations for places over the Christmas period? Thinking of flying somewhere on the 27th ish but not sure where. I hate Christmas and I want to get away this year.
Just be careful that you don’t end up having to pay some kind of expensive New Years Eve supplement at your hotel if you do a pacakage type thing.
The Canaries and Egypt are warm. Middle East and S.E Asia too.

Just be careful that you don’t end up having to pay some kind of expensive New Years Eve supplement at your hotel if you do a pacakage type thing.
The Canaries and Egypt are warm. Middle East and S.E Asia too.
I went off going over NYE for that reason, couldn't believe the price of it all. Plus, I was trying to kind of avoid NYE but everywhere seemed to be hell bent on gala dinners left, right and centre.

• Haha