Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no idea what they're getting at here. I live in a part of the country where people with strong accents (usually associated with being working class) say things like 'can you help us with my shopping' obviously meaning 'can you help me with my shopping'. They don't mean that, do they?

Or do they mean when a couple may be breaking up or something and one partner says 'this will be better for us' but really they just mean 'me'.

Apologies, as I totally missed the context but if its the prior then it seems wildly classist tbh.
They are talking about exactly this. This is the story that came before that comment 🙃
us.png

Reactions: 1
They are talking about exactly this. This is the story that came before that comment 🙃
View attachment 695270
She's right, it is classist. The North East is one of the most deprived and overlooked parts of the UK and our accent routinely mocked. Also it's not "us" as in plural - I'm from the North East and if I said something like, "pass us the remote control" it wouldn't quite be the same sound as the word "us". More like "ez", where I'd pronounce "us" like "uss".

She can absolutely duck off anyway. I'm sure she'd find a way for an English person hating her accent to be oppressive.

And she's somehow made the cognitive leap that it sounds manipulative (to her) because of some trauma? Have these people bleeping heard themselves, honestly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
View attachment 695270
Jesus, it is exactly what I feared.

Thing is, it is okay to hate little things like this but most of us just let little things grate on us but we never mention it outloud, let alone broadcast it on social media to thousands of strangers.

It is hilarious to wonder why she felt the need to note that she is Danish and therefore doesn't have the same perceptions but then disclaim that she loves the rest of the dialect.

Did they ever actually get into why they dislike it so much? Seems bizarre. And also kind of irrelevant because I think most northerners wouldn't spell it as 'can you help us' but 'can you help is' almost.

Not being funny but Sofie is 100% the type to go off on a twitter rant about someone who doesn't understand they/them pronouns because they're claiming it is only plural but now it seems sofie cannot fathom that this wouldn't be talking in the plural. Baffling.

ETA - I wonder if they've ever met someone from Yorkshire where it is quite common to say things like 'Let wuh get past' - as in 'let me get past' but i think is closer to sounding plural than their north eastern example.

Reactions: 10
I've not listened to the newest episode since she went on an extended break but I was sad to see that she's renamed the podcast to Who Hurt You. I know she has trauma, but... not everyone does? I mean, sure everyone has been hurt by someone at some time but it somehow just feels very victim-y as a title? Maybe she explains it in the intro? I confess I'd usually skip the first 10 minutes of each episode as it would be so boring and filled with her nonsense!

Reactions: 3
And she's somehow made the cognitive leap that it sounds manipulative (to her) because of some trauma? Have these people bleeping heard themselves, honestly.
Agree with you 100%

Also, I'd love to hear them recount the tale of being traumatised by a northener. I also would like to meet the northerner responsible and buy them a pint for the sole reason that they've clearly not done anything wrong other than speak with an accent so strong that it is somehow manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agree with you 100%

Also, I'd love to hear them recount the tale of being traumatised by a northener. I also would like to meet the northerner responsible and buy them a pint for the sole reason that they've clearly not done anything wrong other than speak with an accent so strong that it is somehow manipulative.
Doesn't she have a friend called JustineUpNorth or something that she always (used to? I can't recall her being mentioned recently) talk about being one of her closest friends? Couldn't she have asked her about this? I realise Sofie loves an excuse to ask people to reply to her so that she can tell them that they're wrong but this whole thing is so weird. Especially to then try and blame it on her trauma, just so odd.

Reactions: 5
Jesus, it is exactly what I feared.

Thing is, it is okay to hate little things like this but most of us just let little things grate on us but we never mention it outloud, let alone broadcast it on social media to thousands of strangers.

It is hilarious to wonder why she felt the need to note that she is Danish and therefore doesn't have the same perceptions but then disclaim that she loves the rest of the dialect.

Did they ever actually get into why they dislike it so much? Seems bizarre. And also kind of irrelevant because I think most northerners wouldn't spell it as 'can you help us' but 'can you help is' almost.

Not being funny but Sofie is 100% the type to go off on a twitter rant about someone who doesn't understand they/them pronouns because they're claiming it is only plural but now it seems sofie cannot fathom that this wouldn't be talking in the plural. Baffling.

ETA - I wonder if they've ever met someone from Yorkshire where it is quite common to say things like 'Let wuh get past' - as in 'let me get past' but i think is closer to sounding plural than their north eastern example.
Precisely she is Danish, not English. She can find accents funny (or just don't understand them sometimes, like myself😂) but who is she to judge? She is just haughty af, like she comes from Danish royalty herself lol

I actually think this is pretty tone deaf for someone as woke and right on as she is. She is a wealthy white person living a privileged life in London and the accent she's hating for reasons she can't identify just so happens, by pure chance, to be a typical working class accent from the poorest part of the UK.

Maybe I've got a chip on my shoulder but I've seen how people like me (and other working class Northerners) are sometimes treated because no matter how educated we are, you walk into a room in a corporate environment in London with my accent and everyone knows you aren't like them.

It's needlessly annoyed me this 😂😂😂. I think it just typifies how this sort of Instagram dipshits brand if "intersectionality" always seems to conveniently disregard social class.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm interested to know how she thinks she can 'make this right' now that she has 'done the work' :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps a donation to a North East based arts charity? Maybe platform a creative with the accent you've dragged?* Nope, doubt it, just more rubbish about how these dialects stem from Norse. I've just caught up on the stories and that rubbed me totally the wrong way. The fact that she has tried to justify it and get all academic about the roots of the dialects. *(FYI I wouldn't expect them to do those things but after-all they were the one that mentioned remedying the situation...)

Not only does it seem very holier-than-thou but a totally inaccessible dissection of it all. Taking something already inherently classist and making it needlessly complicated and trying to earn 'woke' points from it. Shut up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm interested to know how she thinks she can 'make this right' now that she has 'done the work' :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps a donation to a North East based arts charity? Maybe platform a creative with the accent you've dragged?* Nope, doubt it, just more rubbish about how these dialects stem from Norse. I've just caught up on the stories and that rubbed me totally the wrong way. The fact that she has tried to justify it and get all academic about the roots of the dialects. *(FYI I wouldn't expect them to do those things but after-all they were the one that mentioned remedying the situation...)

Not only does it seem very holier-than-thou but a totally inaccessible dissection of it all. Taking something already inherently classist and making it needlessly complicated and trying to earn 'woke' points from it. Shut up.
Also after the whole tirade about 'not being an activist' any more! Sofie plays up being woke when it suits them so they can feel superior, but still gets away with dismissing people's concerns about other issues when they don't want to engage/don't care.

I honestly don’t understand who’s still following her, she is so rude and argumentative over the tiniest thing

Reactions: 7
She's right, it is classist. The North East is one of the most deprived and overlooked parts of the UK and our accent routinely mocked. Also it's not "us" as in plural - I'm from the North East and if I said something like, "pass us the remote control" it wouldn't quite be the same sound as the word "us". More like "ez", where I'd pronounce "us" like "uss".

She can absolutely duck off anyway. I'm sure she'd find a way for an English person hating her accent to be oppressive.

exactly, they get offended about everything but somehow it is okay to make statements like this belittiling regional dialects. Why should someone like sofie insist people use "they" for one person (which I am totally okay with) then complain about others; langauge use?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My thoughts exactly. It is SO hypocritical! But hypocrisy seems to be her thing, so at least she's on brand 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How could she not forsee that her dog would need treatment and to check that she could get insurance due to his breed?! I know she says the insurance informed her they would definitely pay out but you've got to know they will jump through hoops to not have too.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Idea: if you need money, just promote your work for a week or so and don't mention why you're doing it

But I guess that's not as easy as getting strangers on the internet to pay your bills for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ugh I hate the way she acts holier than thou but then schills just as hard for free stuff and money as much as any other influencer.

Reactions: 7
Sofie has 413 Patreon supporters; even if they're all at the lowest level, that is £1239 a month. Just from Patreon alone.

There is no reason they would need anyone to paypal them for anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.