Slopalong #3 She doesn't understand beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was about to offer to do the crab Mac and cheese bullshit but I have too many questions…
Same here, what a terrible recipe! I was going to try it but leave out the crab because it's expensive and delicious and it would be SUCH A WASTE to add it to what is undoubtedly going to be a total dog's dinner, but on reflection it would also be such a waste of milk and cheese as well. It says you can sub the crab for cockles or mussels and I love cockles and mussels but can you imagine them with macaroni cheese??

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm catching up on the latest slops, good work all round.
I also noticed Vlad's ads doing the Lord's work on this thread.
Screenshot_20221203-092944_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Miss Heastlanda is bored and on my case. Does anyone fancy giving me a JM vegan recipe so I can dispatch her to the shops and get out of my hair?

• Haha
Note to self: delete old slopalong pics from camera roll so you don’t get confronted with this “memory” by the apple algorithm 😂
B08C2272-C9D6-4EEA-9CBD-4552A8F6E43E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Miss Heastlanda is bored and on my case. Does anyone fancy giving me a JM vegan recipe so I can dispatch her to the shops and get out of my hair?
Do you fancy doing steak, mango and black bean curry dear heart? According to Jack the steak can be replaced with canned jackfruit or omitted completely. I strongly suspect the photo here will bear no resemblance to the finished slop.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Missed you all tender ones, life has kept me away from this thread. Still eager to do my slop but currently drowning in eleventy billion excuses as why I don't have the time (always channeling my inner Jack).

If there is anything i'd like to conclude from my catch up it is that jackfruit should be illegal. As you were beautiful people x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Am putting my knitting needle up in the air - will brave another recipe. Any requests?
I nominate you for the crab mac and cheese nonsense. I can’t get it out of my head but am not brave enough to attempt it myself.

Am putting my knitting needle up in the air - will brave another recipe. Any requests?
Or steak, mango and black bean curry. That sounds sufficiently vile.

Reactions: 10
I nominate you for the crab mac and cheese nonsense. I can’t get it out of my head but am not brave enough to attempt it myself.

Or steak, mango and black bean curry. That sounds sufficiently vile.
😲 So cruel. 😂

I'm leaning towards Mac and cheese. I can always rinse the pasta.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Crab mac and cheese is lovely when it's done well, with decent quality ingredients. One of our faves since we had it a lot on hols in America years ago.
I am guessing it doesn't stand up well to Jackification.

Reactions: 12
Crab mac and cheese is lovely when it's done well, with decent quality ingredients. One of our faves since we had it a lot on hols in America years ago.
I am guessing it doesn't stand up well to Jackification.
Do you have a recipe?! Cos obviously "... when it's done well, with decent quality ingredients" counts Jack's efforts out entirely.

ETA: I "might" be able to do something with sardines... I have a tin that has pre-rinsed itself of tomato sauce in my shopping bag..... Any suggestions?

Praps Sardine and tomato soup from cooking as a duck up.. Seeing as I have already lost the tomatoes?

Last edited:
Do you have a recipe?! Cos obviously "... when it's done well, with decent quality ingredients" counts Jack's efforts out entirely.
Ha ha, yes, anything could happen. Actually, I don't have a recipe beyond: make macaroni cheese on hob, stir in tin of white crab meat (good), fresh white crab meat (better) or that day's catch fresh white crab meat from the posh fishmonger (best), throw in oven for 10 mins. Seems unduckupable to me but 🤷‍♀️
Good luck with the sardines, maybe something with egg from the sardine toast phase? That was probably only a week long but felt like 84 years.

• Haha
We're doing a foodbank collection at work and some absolute monster has donated tinned prunes 🙄
@That Forensic Man can you increase my total donation to £150 please? (£120 on books, £30 to the foodbank, confirmed no prunes involved).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Good shout but I’m not spending £££ on veggie marshmallows just to ruin them
Herron foods had 2 bags of vegan mini marshmallows for a quid at the weekend

Edited to add: Just realised I'm replying to something from weeks ago, but if you do want vegan marshmallows Herron foods is the place to be

• Haha
  • Wow
@That Forensic Man I'll be going to Tesco tomorrow to buy 30 Cadbury's Christmas Medium Selection Boxes. There's a local charity in my town that is collecting small gifts specifically for children, so that's my donation on behalf of the Tattle Frauen und Herren. I could get something for the food bank but this charity is close to my heart, so they get chocolate. 🤶

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@That Forensic Man I donated £10 to the Salvation army Christmas appeal, in gratitude for the world beating slopping that is in progress on this thread.
I'm sorry but I'm too tech illiterate to do screenshots though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Coming on great guns with my matched betting. Made about £60 profit so far. Will be doing my local donation next week in honour of the sloppies so will keep you all posted 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ha ha, yes, anything could happen. Actually, I don't have a recipe beyond: make macaroni cheese on hob, stir in tin of white crab meat (good), fresh white crab meat (better) or that day's catch fresh white crab meat from the posh fishmonger (best), throw in oven for 10 mins. Seems unduckupable to me but 🤷‍♀️
Good luck with the sardines, maybe something with egg from the sardine toast phase? That was probably only a week long but felt like 84 years.
Please, i am on my kness, we do not need a repeat of that era. Its haunts me to this day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11