Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I regrettably had to withdraw from the poo as my blender LEFT (broke.)

Im going to do the bolognaise Sunday if I can. I was going to do it tonight but my OH selfishly made my tea for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Got my tins so I can go Gnoc Gnoc Gnoccing On (slop) Heavens Door tomorrow. Why do they remind me of the twins in The Shining?
AD1F5803-75B8-445F-B4A7-0E33A099F54F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I made a cauliflower cheese today. The bechamel made using the all in one method (butter, flour and milk all in a cold in a pan, heat turned on and whisked until it's all combined and thickened) took less than 5 mins to make, it was then flavoured with a good teaspoon of mustard, salt, pepper, parmesan and grated cheddar. It tasted very nice, and not of despair and sadness.

NB. It thickened up nicely without going in the oven. No horses were harmed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh dear. Is it edible at least?
No it’s completely stodgy and raw in the middle. I can’t even be cross with her because it wasn’t really her recipe, I just didn’t want to chuck the batter. And yet, I’m cross with her 🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I regrettably had to withdraw from the poo as my blender LEFT (broke.)

Im going to do the bolognaise Sunday if I can. I was going to do it tonight but my OH selfishly made my tea for me.
BIB

Slopalong wedding dreams shattered.

Thanks, son's crying now.

Actually my eldest son walked in on me cooking the dal earlier as he was working from home. He asked me what I was cooking and I replied "a social experiment". I elaborated (boy, did I elaborate) and shortly afterwards he was working out (unbeknownst to me) what Jack earns from Patreon alone. I have raised this child well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.