Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree & your slop is a really good example. A perfectly good meal right there, have the mandarins and cream for pudding.

The only explanation is that she hasn’t even tried these recipes. I refuse to believe she thinks this is good food.
I think its obvious now she just makes it up as she goes along. Pretending this shite is what poor people have left in their cupboard. Which they don't. They have proper food, like bloody hell have pasta in smart price gravy, add some cheese and pepper and voila. That left over pesto? Add that too. Yummers.

Reactions: 25
So, another waste of ingredients.... Chapeau, Monroe, not everyone can get a dressing totally wrong. Achievement unlocked.

Reactions: 26
Morning slopslingers! Long boring story but I was reminded that I still had the jar of salmon paste I'd bought for Jack's salmon noodles recipe, and after deciding not to waste a tin of coconut milk etc by doing the recipe, I opened it and had some on toast. It was ... OK, and it gave me a wee yen for smoked mackerel pate. So for a laugh I looked up Jack's recipe. Fraus, is it normal to be able to slice mackerel pate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
Has she mixed up pate with terrine??

Reactions: 22
I haven’t read this recipe yet but the preview makes me raging! A sad looking courgette and half a dried out onion whilst calling her page cooking on a Bootstrap. If she’s so genuinely concerned about cooking on such a meagre amount of money, why is she so wasteful? Why is all the lovely fresh produce allowed to wither away in her fridge?
Either her 4hr shopping lists don’t help her understand what she needs to buy to make meals from what she has remaining, or she has so much money she can let things waste away.

#thread title it could be edible if…..
I vote for @GladysMcHaggis SB “the taste just keeps getting worse”

@That Forensic Man Rolex spoon has ended me

Reactions: 35
Why the fuck is she incapable of cooking onions properly?! Let alone the rest of the slop.
It genuinely makes my brain itch that she didn't suggest frying off the onion first to give it a little flavour, but just chucks it straight in with the rice

Reactions: 23
A little Friday night gift for all you lovely sloppers.

Plus I gave a contribution to my local food bankView attachment 1723654
I knew what was coming and I still gasped when I saw this

Can it go into a separate category? It's like when athletes get caught using drugs and have their medal taken away. You used performance enhancing flavours

Then I added the yoghurt. I had to get my husband to video this because I felt if I had to go through it then you do too. Sadly the video is too large so you will have to make do with a photo.
I used an online video compressor to make my video small enough for tattle, I think it was https://www.freeconvert.com/video-compressor and you can select the max MB that you want, I think it was either 10 or 16. We need all the slop videos we can get imo (I might be a masochist)

Reactions: 44
Some sort of thread title please haha: Caught using performance enhancing flavours: WARNED

Reactions: 44
@binkbonk Thanks for video compressor link. My son actually compressed it for me but now looking at it, it contains some identifying info (🔺️) so I won't post it. Which is a shame really as it is v funny and mostly consists of me laughing somewhat hysterically and husband muttering in incredulity.

Reactions: 19
I’ve got all the ingredients for that gratin (well, except for wholemeal rice obvs) and was toying with making it but I don’t think I can put myself through it again. I’m going to roast a chicken instead and roast my veg to go with it.

Wholemeal rice. FFS

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.