Slimmingworldxgemx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that’s cleared that up then
Tbh out of the all ‘famous SW IGers’ she’s the best one. Everything is oh so perfect but she’s just showing her life in pretty pictures. She’s not out to make a quick £ every few seconds with ridiculous ads and she seems like an amazing mum! I’m glad her marriage is okay though 😊

Reactions: 11
Tbh out of the all ‘famous SW IGers’ she’s the best one. Everything is oh so perfect but she’s just showing her life in pretty pictures. She’s not out to make a quick £ every few seconds with ridiculous ads and she seems like an amazing mum! I’m glad her marriage is okay though 😊
Yeah same, I thought it would be something to do with him being a teacher 🙂

I have to say that I think her very honest and friendly response makes this site and some of its users look pretty bad! The speculation and stories circulating based on zero evidence have all been blown out of the water in her simple response to a direct question. She has also obviously been made fairly upset by having to read through this stuff.... a lot of it very personal about her teeth/daughter/marriage etc. Whilst the perfection is annoying and we all acknowledge that her life 100% won’t be like that in reality, nobody life matches up to what they put on the gram, let’s be honest. Her #ad content is very limited and always clearly labelled so tbh, it’s arguably a bit unfair she even has a page when the micro influencers thread has been deleted stopping us from discussing people who are actively trying to sell disingenuously but their follower count means they are off limits.
I really don’t like when people get in peoples inboxes and direct them here.... I just don’t get it?

Reactions: 30
Her portrayal of a perfect life is the only annoying thing about her for me.
I agree with above though, she doesn't ad ad to make money which is great.
She responds to questions you ask in her inbox all the time unlike the rest of the ignorant pigs who ask for an opinion then dont reply! Em and lil!
She interacts with her followers on posts as well which is lovely, as em and lil will ignore you but only respond to the IG elite.
Actually really like that she keeps her husband off instagram, it's lovely that she keeps some privacy in her life, again unlike the rest of them.
Feel quite sorry for her now.

Reactions: 18
I feel like tattle is meant to be separate - don't feel it's quite right to jump in someones inbox pretending to care about them and then posting what they have to say for everyone to read.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
thought i should just ask!
I’m sorry but this doesn’t sit quite right with me. Message her and ask about the hubby fair enough, but did you have to point her here to read everything that’s been said? I’m surprised if she genuinely hasn’t heard about this site or read it, but if she hasn’t then for you to tell her about it and her read it at Christmas/her birthday/wedding anniversary is just cruel IMO. You could have at least waited until January, or better yet not pointed her here at all.

This isn’t me just sticking up for her because I like her - although I actually do, she’s harmless and one of the least offensive instagrammers for me - I just don’t think it’s what Tattle is about.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
I find it a bit weird you then screenshotted your conversation and posted it on here TBH.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think it’s fair to hurt someone’s feelings deliberately by pointing them in the direction of this site.
Plus, she will surely (if she does indeed come back on here) then know who that person is and block them anyway? We didn’t see what the original message said asking her those questions etc.

Reactions: 8
I really like Gem. I think it’s out of order to message her and direct her to read all these hurtful comments in particular at Christmas/new year/birthday/anniversary time.

Reactions: 14
The whole point of this site is that it recognises that paid influencers/ individuals with public pages need to have some accountability/there needs to be a forum where comments that go against the narrative can’t be deleted and blocked. Yes Gem is irritating sometimes for a number of reasons, but that’s it, a mild irritant. There was NO need to send her here, very shady and mean - nobody needs to read this stuff about themselves and like she said - she stays out of drama and controversy. Completely unreasonable to upset her like that. Give yourself a pat on the back - what a good deed 🙄

Reactions: 13
Wow!!! Who does that?? Who deliberately sends someone to read hurtful and mean things about themselves. And at their Christmas/Birthday. Hope you’re proud of how you’ve made someone else feel!!!!

Reactions: 5
This sight is often accused of bullying, but it is not, it is a forum for opinions and discussion. These things are not said to the persons face. The person who messaged her because they care, yet pointed her to this site, and then posted their conversation (!) definitely does not care!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can't believe someone would be so cruel, not to only message her to look on this forum, but to do it this time of the year. And then the final knife twist, posting her replies for everyone to see. Total invasion of privacy for what? To get likes?? To get the power to put things right?? Honestly, poor Gemma. How could you do that?

Sorry, sounds harsh, but that's absolutely appauling behaviour and I'd be ashamed of myself for doing that.

I agree, some of the comments on here are OTT, but mostly what is said about gemma is that she's a beautiful woman, a great mum and she's a little extra when taking pictures. But so what, you can't knock someone for taking asthietically pleasing pictures.
The teeth comments are always hurtful, I've never agreed with those and have always said she should not change herself for anyone.

I think publicly posting her private replies to you is very low though. You could have summarised what she'd said instead of doing that if you really felt the need to brag about being in contact with her. TBH I think most of us liked the speculation of is she or isn't she still married. It gave us something to talk about (yes, we are really that sad) because quite frankly, she seems so nice and normal that we didn't have much else to say.

I have a heavy heart now for poor gemma.

Has she deleted her account?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
From the fact it’s a new member and all the threads and interactions have been to defend Gemma, Jennifer Ginley and other people etc, I take it you are either one of them or someone else in that loop.
You’re trying to do the right thing or you think creating a positive reaction to things will make this place better, but it wont. This site is what it is and people don’t troll and a lot of what is said is like gossip you’d have with a friend. It doesn’t make it understandable to everyone but it’s the way it is.
As so many others have said Gemma is a lovely girl and really there isn’t much people can say so they pick apart other things about her. Some of it is horrible and very personal and that’s not nice.
You can see from the reaction though that people don’t want to confront her with speculation or gossip, they don’t want to troll her and in fact it shows many people sticking up for her.
Whoever you are, you’ve done nobody any favours, however I don’t blame you either because I think there must be a link to knowing them and you do feel protective. I’d feel like that if it was my friend or family member.
Its a shame she’s (you have) read here and hopefully that can be moved on from.

Reactions: 4
Wait, the lady who posted to Gem has done nothing wrong.
If you all didn’t spend your days slating an innocent woman (who really has done nothing wrong IMO) then there would be nothing to redirect her to. At least now you all know that she does live with her husband, which is what the OP mentioned.

Reactions: 8
Wait, the lady who posted to Gem has done nothing wrong.
If you all didn’t spend your days slating an innocent woman (who really has done nothing wrong IMO) then there would be nothing to redirect her to. At least now you all know that she does live with her husband, which is what the OP mentioned.
Everyone's on here slating people though. You too!

this convo is from july 14th. i messaged to ask her if she had split from her husband. she asked why and i said because people on here were speculating otherwise. i didn’t send her a link and tell her to sit and read through.

ahhh but that’s what you’re all here for isn’t it, to just assume things without giving anything a second thought
Your message sounded like you'd just sent it. Guess you should have made that clearer. Also still unclear why you decided to contact her and mention tattle but I guess that's the blurred line isn't it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.