Slimmingworldxgemx #3 Last Xmas gave us an aff, it was too small to see, she's having a laugh!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh it’s an absolute rabbit hole I could be here all night! Just essentially that slimming world doesn’t teach you anything about healthy nutrition foods in moderation etc (apart from the 1/3 speed bit, I used to rate that) - it actively encourages ‘free/unlimited’ food and for some people they think a plate of SW chips and chicken is a healthy meal. They pile it all up, forget the veg because all these carbs etc are free! People educated around diet would be able to eat in moderation and introduce more fruits/veggies in, but those who aren’t so educated will be the sort to eat 100 muller lights a day. Also the ‘syns’ implies something is bad and giving food bad connotations can encourage disordered eating (something which I, and most women, have had since teens). They seem to discourage exercise too with loads of bullshit about ‘oh you will retain water weight if you do that’ etc. Plus it never sat right with me praising the biggest loser each week like you were in competition with everyone in the room, not doing it for yourself sometimes. There’s studies now to suggest all these diets and slimming clubs cause people to rebound and gain even more than they started, I’ve definitely seen that with the girls I followed from my SW insta days! Also the fact that SW is a business, they want you to buy their products, use their recipes, pay them £5 a week and encourage you to keep losing, with little focus on NSV’s. Sorry I’ve gone way off topic suddenly 🤣 I just think it’s so interesting if everyone was suddenly happy and content in their bodies how many people would lose out on money if the diet industry just crumbled! We are literally conditioned to always think there is something wrong with us that needs fixing ..
Thank you so much! I left after 3 weeks because I put on half a pound and the woman told me off because I said I went swimming and she said it would make me "bulky" 😐. Gemma obviously has a warped relationship with food so it doesn't surprise me she bums SW. I remember when she used to have "face of the company" on her linked in 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I do think that at least her version of slimming world makes it look much healthier than those who do it with constant fake aways and no fruit or veg. (Except what the hell was that fish finger salad?!) But she 100% used it as a tool to build a following.

Reactions: 7
3 mile run and 3 chapters in her lunch break, either she's usain bolt or her lunch hour is about three years bleeping long. I get 30 mins at work barely enough time to wipe my arse 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank you so much! I left after 3 weeks because I put on half a pound and the woman told me off because I said I went swimming and she said it would make me "bulky" 😐. Gemma obviously has a warped relationship with food so it doesn't surprise me she bums SW. I remember when she used to have "face of the company" on her linked in 😂😂
I started slimming world about 7 years at 13 odd stone, ended it at 18 stone. Go figure. Obviously that was over about 5 years of stop starting. I never had a binge eating disorder before I started and now I do. I’m now calorie counting and exercising when I want without the pressure of ‘you’ll gain muscle’ and I feel so much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
One of my favourite things about Gemma is when she writes a meaningful caption that literally means nothing.... what does this even mean and how does it link to the picture?!
Does she mean Friday is sterile empty and cold? She’s such a plank!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I still can’t get over the amount of make up she wears to go for a hike or a run. She wears more than I would wear for a night out! I just couldn’t be arsed

Reactions: 12
One of my favourite things about Gemma is when she writes a meaningful caption that literally means nothing.... what does this even mean and how does it link to the picture?!
Also.....wouldn’t you peel that bloody label off the dish?! She’s used it aswell I do believe.

She clearly reads here so please Gemma, enlighten me, us, as to how you fit it all in

Reactions: 6
Also.....wouldn’t you peel that bloody label off the dish?! She’s used it aswell I do believe.

She clearly reads here so please Gemma, enlighten me, us, as to how you fit it all in
But how would we know that she can afford an actual le cresuet dish and not just a cheap knock off??!! 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.