Slimmingworldxgemx #3 Last Xmas gave us an aff, it was too small to see, she's having a laugh!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is officially her worst caption ever. Her grammar and spelling is atrocious. It requires literally so much translating to understand what she means. She’s even added in a sentence that says, ‘📖..📖😂😂. Since she is #PreparingToBeATeacher (the hashtag she used the other night to deliver her daughters home-learning), let’s all hope she isn’t ‘teaching’ Olivia English!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
This is officially her worst caption ever. Her grammar and spelling is atrocious. It requires literally so much translating to understand what she means. She’s even added in a sentence that says, ‘📖..📖😂😂. Since she is #PreparingToBeATeacher (the hashtag she used the other night to deliver her daughters home-learning), let’s all hope she isn’t ‘teaching’ Olivia English!
I am genuinely intrigued by how she manages to find all this time to real all of these books she claims! I love reading but I don’t have all that spare time and that’s without me having a kid!

Reactions: 12
She sounds like an absolute moron. Is it not #insta to use full sentences and full stops?

Reactions: 3
I am genuinely intrigued by how she manages to find all this time to real all of these books she claims! I love reading but I don’t have all that spare time and that’s without me having a kid!
Same here!
I had a really chilled day on Sunday and had my nose in a book most of the day. I did finish it (read about 400 pages). There is not a chance she claims to do all she does and read that much.

Reactions: 5
What does she want? A pat on the head with a bunch of flowers? What a bleeping sap 🙄 I think she's been at the cooking sherry because she's talking a load of bollocks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What does she want? A pat on the head with a bunch of flowers? What a bleeping sap 🙄 I think she's been at the cooking sherry because she's talking a load of bollocks
You never fail to make me laugh with your posts xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also the book thing.. that is kind of an expensive hobby! I have a kindle and wanted to buy the new Dolly Alderton Ghosts and it’s £9.99 on kindle, similar price in hardback. She must spend around £50 a month if not more on books reading them all that quickly. Crazy, but then again they do look like they have a lot of money.

Also the book thing.. that is kind of an expensive hobby! I have a kindle and wanted to buy the new Dolly Alderton Ghosts and it’s £9.99 on kindle, similar price in hardback. She must spend around £50 a month if not more on books reading them all that quickly. Crazy, but then again they do look like they have a lot of money.
I’ve just finished reading Ghosts - highly recommend it!

I’ve just finished reading Ghosts - highly recommend it!
I'm going to read that one next!

I must admit I like crappy romantic fiction that requires no brain power.... and I can get through a book in a day given the chance. I went to buy that book she has been reading for the book club and it was 12 quid from amazon so I'll be waiting for the paperback... its so wasteful that she doesn't even gift them on/sell them. Who even reads a book twice??

I'm going to read that one next!

I must admit I like crappy romantic fiction that requires no brain power.... and I can get through a book in a day given the chance. I went to buy that book she has been reading for the book club and it was 12 quid from amazon so I'll be waiting for the paperback... its so wasteful that she doesn't even gift them on/sell them. Who even reads a book twice??
If she even reads them at all! 🤣

The Midnight Library? Is that the one? I read that over Christmas and loved it! I got it for about £7 from Amazon. I pass them on when finished - they don’t collect dust on a shelf and I certainly wouldn’t post a photo of them on Instagram! 🤣

Reactions: 4
The book club she wants to set up is through ESPA. Forgive me iif I am making a wrong assumption, but will she get commission for everyone who registers through her Instagram page?

If she even reads them at all! 🤣

The Midnight Library? Is that the one? I read that over Christmas and loved it! I got it for about £7 from Amazon. I pass them on when finished - they don’t collect dust on a shelf and I certainly wouldn’t post a photo of them on Instagram! 🤣
Yes that's the one! I'll wait to get a copy cheaper because I can't justify spending £12 on a book!

Reactions: 1
Who the hell has the time or inclination to cut their cucumber into star shapes? But she’s soooo busy though #mandown

• Haha
A few limp lettuce leaves in a tuna and onion sandwich (🤢) does not a "speedy salad" make, Gemma.

• Haha
I’m surprised she’s still on the slimming world hype, a lot of people moving away from it nowadays as there’s a lot of hate for it not being a healthy way of losing weight and capitalising on peoples lack of education around food hygiene. All the made up ‘syns’ and bollocks. But I guess it still brings in her followers and likes!

Reactions: 8
I’m surprised she’s still on the slimming world hype, a lot of people moving away from it nowadays as there’s a lot of hate for it not being a healthy way of losing weight and capitalising on peoples lack of education around food hygiene. All the made up ‘syns’ and bollocks. But I guess it still brings in her followers and likes!
Ooh what's the tea about food hygiene? Love me some slimming world slagging off x

Ooh what's the tea about food hygiene? Love me some slimming world slagging off x
Oh gosh it’s an absolute rabbit hole I could be here all night! Just essentially that slimming world doesn’t teach you anything about healthy nutrition foods in moderation etc (apart from the 1/3 speed bit, I used to rate that) - it actively encourages ‘free/unlimited’ food and for some people they think a plate of SW chips and chicken is a healthy meal. They pile it all up, forget the veg because all these carbs etc are free! People educated around diet would be able to eat in moderation and introduce more fruits/veggies in, but those who aren’t so educated will be the sort to eat 100 muller lights a day. Also the ‘syns’ implies something is bad and giving food bad connotations can encourage disordered eating (something which I, and most women, have had since teens). They seem to discourage exercise too with loads of bullshit about ‘oh you will retain water weight if you do that’ etc. Plus it never sat right with me praising the biggest loser each week like you were in competition with everyone in the room, not doing it for yourself sometimes. There’s studies now to suggest all these diets and slimming clubs cause people to rebound and gain even more than they started, I’ve definitely seen that with the girls I followed from my SW insta days! Also the fact that SW is a business, they want you to buy their products, use their recipes, pay them £5 a week and encourage you to keep losing, with little focus on NSV’s. Sorry I’ve gone way off topic suddenly 🤣 I just think it’s so interesting if everyone was suddenly happy and content in their bodies how many people would lose out on money if the diet industry just crumbled! We are literally conditioned to always think there is something wrong with us that needs fixing ..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.