SlimmingWorld_stephjoy26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I know a lot of people close have said..."

Not people close. She's referring to tattle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
"I know a lot of people close have said..."

Not people close. She's referring to tattle 😂
Hahaha I saw this and thought well she means tattle.
we didn’t ask you explain yourself - we just want you to know you aren't the only pregnant woman on this planet!
Be greatful you don’t have a pregnancy that requires loads of scans, I have serious medical condition which has caused many pregnancy complications - I’d rather be healthy and have no extra scans than than have all the scans!

Reactions: 5
I just looked - she’s barely 19 weeks. I appreciate she’s anxious but she needs to be getting better advice. We had 5 miscarriages before my son & anterior placenta. Yes I was anxious but 19 weeks is very early to be paying for reassurance scans as highly unlikely to feel movements at this stage. Her family really need to step in or the father needs to be raising these issues with their midwife & get her extra support

Reactions: 6
"I also have autism which I don't talk about much"

I haven't followed her for long and ive seen her mention it so many times 😂
And it's in her bio 😂

I presume they have plenty of money if they can afford to just get private scans whenever they want and buy all the baby stuff in one go

I just looked - she’s barely 19 weeks. I appreciate she’s anxious but she needs to be getting better advice. We had 5 miscarriages before my son & anterior placenta. Yes I was anxious but 19 weeks is very early to be paying for reassurance scans as highly unlikely to feel movements at this stage. Her family really need to step in or the father needs to be raising these issues with their midwife & get her extra support
She's going to be in constantly for monitoring isn't she 🤦🏻‍♀️
I can see it now.. Every single week claiming reduced movements

Reactions: 2
She'll have the midwife and maternity unit on speed dial to be in hospital all of the time getting scans.
I don't think they have money, she buys a lot off of marketplace and their house looks like they never have the heating on. They constantly wrapped in blankets and dressing gowns. The nursery is a mish mash of sale items, if they had money she'd buy the full coordinating range from somewhere. She also said they went to the mamas and papas outlet store rather than the actual shop, the prices there are a lot cheaper than the shop because it is mainly ex display, defects or returned items.
They give the illusion of money but it'll all be on the plastic.

Reactions: 4
Not trying to rave about Steph but I totally understand how terrifying it is losing a baby and having mental health problems that convince you there is something wrong. I had exactly the same thing - I have OCD and ADHD and when I was pregnant I was convinced something bad was going to happen, so paid privately for scans. That said I didn’t tell every Tom Dick and Harry about it and just kept it to myself. I really think Steph needs to engage with the perinatal mental health team, prenatal anxiety is awful and can quickly evolve into worse symptoms particularly when the baby is here.

Also - the anxiety meant I couldn’t enjoy any aspect of pregnancy and didn’t buy anything until my third trimester, so whilst I emphasis with her I also see a lot of things I was far too terrified to do that kinda makes me 🤪

Reactions: 2
Not trying to rave about Steph but I totally understand how terrifying it is losing a baby and having mental health problems that convince you there is something wrong. I had exactly the same thing - I have OCD and ADHD and when I was pregnant I was convinced something bad was going to happen, so paid privately for scans. That said I didn’t tell every Tom Dick and Harry about it and just kept it to myself. I really think Steph needs to engage with the perinatal mental health team, prenatal anxiety is awful and can quickly evolve into worse symptoms particularly when the baby is here.

Also - the anxiety meant I couldn’t enjoy any aspect of pregnancy and didn’t buy anything until my third trimester, so whilst I emphasis with her I also see a lot of things I was far too terrified to do that kinda makes me 🤪
I am exactly the same with the anxiety and have never bought anything before 30 weeks nor have I enjoyed pregnancy.
However, I never had the money to have private scans. And I certainly wouldn't have a couple of weeks before a scan.
However, I do agree that paying for private scans constant and especially her going for a scan because of a bit of cramping, which could've been used for someone who actually needed it. I think is a bit much, and someone close to her, or as you say, the perinatal team, need to be assisting her.

Reactions: 1
The anxiety things is completely normal, everyone doubts themselves and their bodies when they're pregnant.
If people wish to go for private scans to reassure them then that's fine, that's why there is businesses like this but they're also making money off of people's insecurities.
I just don't understand her need to post every detail to strangers, how many of her followers are truly interested in her grainy scan pics and videos? Not a lot, her engagement is dropping.
My main gripe with Steph is the gloating, she gained followers from her MC and TTC. These will have been people in the same position who may have struggled for years, and she's here rubbing it in their faces that she's pregnant, she's got a nursery, she's got a pram, she's getting her dream after falling pregnant weeks after a MC. It's just something I can't get on board with.

I seriously hope she's moving that cot away from the window when the baby goes in there. I doubt it though as it seems this is the layout she's chosen.

I seriously hope she's moving that cot away from the window when the baby goes in there. I doubt it though as it seems this is the layout she's chosen.
She also mentioned putting shelves above the changing station for nappy storage…
Basic babe safety is to have nothing hanging/anything that can fall on baby above the cot or other areas the baby will going/lying regularly!
so obsessive about her pregnancy but Clearly not obsessed with the stuff that matters like safety! 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She also mentioned putting shelves above the changing station for nappy storage…
Basic babe safety is to have nothing hanging/anything that can fall on baby above the cot or other areas the baby will going/lying regularly!
so obsessive about her pregnancy but Clearly not obsessed with the stuff that matters like safety! 😳
She doesn't have a clue, she's so immature she thinks this baby is a toy already. If she's so anxious why doesn't she spend time reading and educating herself. It's clear that she has nobody close to her with children or someone who is telling her the basics.
Surely the changing table has storage?
It's going to hit her hard when this baby arrives

She doesn't have a clue, she's so immature she thinks this baby is a toy already. If she's so anxious why doesn't she spend time reading and educating herself. It's clear that she has nobody close to her with children or someone who is telling her the basics.
Surely the changing table has storage?
It's going to hit her hard when this baby arrives
It’s shocking she’s not even looking this stuff up.
The first thing I looked into when I found out I was pregnant was everything I can do safety wise - I spent weeks and weeks researching the best car seat to allow for rear facing for longer after looking into car safety.
Then there’s the normal “basics” such as safe sleeping and environments.
Steph, we know you read here, do yourself a favour and do some research.
the lullaby trust is a good place to start on safe sleeping before you start showing that you have bought cot bumpers and unsafe sleeping pods/Products!

Reactions: 6
Crikey, the amount of crap she has already is really quite worrying. Not even halfway and she has everything and the wardrobe is packed full?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.