Slimming World - cult?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it's not sustainable, research shows that too, theres plenty of material to show that only 5% of dieters maintain their weightloss.for 5 years plus. the rest of us 95% put it all back on with 40% of that lot putting g back on even more than before.

proof is in the pudding with the fa t it's a weightloss program so yes granted you will lose weight but you get such disordered eating.

perks of it,cooking from scratch was great for me

cons starving myself then binging,became afraid of food and so disordered and it affected my mental health even worse.

people say, well you gain weight because you cant stick to plan, plan cant be stuck to when you've naturally hit your bodies decision of the weight it feels happy with and every body is different. you cant continue to eat the way you did and maintain.

what I found disturbing was the lack of help once you hit target, it made me even more obsessed with food.

I genuinely thought once I hit target I'd be so happy,it actually made me miserable and even more self conscious than ever before.

Reactions: 6
So SW Is good for initial weight lost but not for keeping it off.
My Fitness Pal is really working for me.

Reactions: 2
It's good if it's done right and for the right reasons... wankers like like harry pickard and jack towers use it to get famous....

Slimmind world bullshit advice i was actually given at group.....

Encouraged to eat a curly wurly as its less syns than an avocado which is packed with nutrients and healthy fats....but no eat the curly wurly and save syns for another treat later on.

Go to the xmas markets and pack your own healthy extra b wholemeal roll so then when you go and get a hog roast sandwich just ask for the meat so you can put it in your own bread roll. Dont get stuffing or apple sauce as that is syns but you have a nice syn free pork sandwich and not feep left out with your friends.

If you are out and about shopping pack an options hot chocolate and a hi fi bar. When you all dive in costa for your lattes and cakes ask at the till for a cup of hot water to warm up a babies bottle. Then when you're at the table you can mix in your options and tuck into your hi fi bar. Stay in control!

NEVER ever make a smoothie unless you want to count syns. Just eat a bowl of fruit its syn free.

White sauce for a lasagne? Just mix natural yogurt and a couple of eggs and a pinch of nutmeg šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Burger in a bowl? So a beef mince salad šŸ¤®

Anyone else ever been given 'advice' at group?

I also remember the uproar when muller lights and mug shots were given syn values.
I didn't care they taste awful anyway but there were women in my group who were livid. Our poor consultant cracked and said listen i do not make the rules, it wasn't my decision to put syns on them...syn them or dont syn them its your funeral.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Look at this nonce ready for his Christmas party. Yet he never spoke about what he done with the money, he seems like the type thatā€™s a benefit scrounger. His parents seem to have raised a good role model. ā€œWork hard stay consistentā€ is year you work hard at scrounging peopleā€™s money and stay consistent but preserving guys
01C618B5-509D-453D-BB2F-76C04EC02250.jpeg

Need to loose some weight. Was keen on giving Slimming World a try but have see some negative comments on here about it. I realise that all slimming plans have good and bad, but thought that SW was one of the better ones?
Comments please x
Donā€™t do sw. look into the 5:2. Thereā€™s multiple health benefits and the weight will fall off.

Reactions: 1
If you follow the plan to the letter it works. If you watch YouTube you will find a few who have kept it off like Debbie's World and Jane Day. Others find once day to day life gets in the way they gain it all back on.

Yes itā€™s a cult. If it really worked then the business model would have failed already as everyone would only join for six months/a year then go it alone. It is not sustainable and doesnā€™t teach healthy relationships with food. Any weight loss plan that promotes processed food/artificial sweeteners is a dodgy one. Calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight and then keep it off (with calorie maintainenance). It is basic science/maths!

Oh yeah, it a cult. I did lose some weight with SW - but the majority of my weight loss has been with WW, which has been amazing! I lost more weight with WW than I ever did with SW. I found the app on WW to be easier to use and it allowed you to still eat what you want, but it kind of control your foods potions. You can still have a cookie, but instead of eating the whole packet, maybe just eat one instead.

Reactions: 1
I've been a member for 5 years on and off. Lost 3st. Have maintained it JUST, but that's been will and choices not Slimming World.
Slimming World doesn't address overeating - in fact it encourages it by saying "eat as much as you want..." of Free/Speed foods.
I've had numerous consultants discourage me from going to the gym because going too often affects losses...apparently.
I wish I'd woken up to it sooner, but I'm glad I did.
My Fitness Pal and exercise. šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

I've been a member for 5 years on and off. Lost 3st. Have maintained it JUST, but that's been will and choices not Slimming World.
Slimming World doesn't address overeating - in fact it encourages it by saying "eat as much as you want..." of Free/Speed foods.
I've had numerous consultants discourage me from going to the gym because going too often affects losses...apparently.
I wish I'd woken up to it sooner, but I'm glad I did.
My Fitness Pal and exercise. šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Sometimes if you use the gym a lot, you need to increase your calories to compensate or you will not lose weight

Iā€™ve put on weight, wedding, hitting my 30ā€™s and reducing sport. Want to lose 2-3 stone. Starting my own instagram page. My wife is very active but does slimming world too. She wants me to join. I want to do it but Iā€™m apprehensive. The wife shows me a few of the slimming world Instagram accounts of men some of them are absolute melts. Bloke being run over by a car and thanking slimming world for it. Never seen something so stupid in all my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Iā€™ve put on weight, wedding, hitting my 30ā€™s and reducing sport. Want to lose 2-3 stone. Starting my own instagram page. My wife is very active but does slimming world too. She wants me to join. I want to do it but Iā€™m apprehensive. The wife shows me a few of the slimming world Instagram accounts of men some of them are absolute melts. Bloke being run over by a car and thanking slimming world for it. Never seen something so stupid in all my life.
we're not all bellends.

stear clear of big ben to slim ben, harry pickard and snaresybellend and you'll be ok.

Any good normal blokes to suggest following? I donā€™t like arrogant people or fake people. Good male accounts to get inspo, good female ones for inspiration and some food ones please