Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d like to share my skincare item is Ren cleansing balm🌹 rose centifolia, smells lovely and great for restoring my previous dry itchy flaky 40yo face to normal and glowing like my 20’s 🤩 that’s all I use 😬

Reactions: 1
Absolutely love this thread, so glad I started it.

My current routine is so simple but my skin has never felt so glowing and smooth.

AM:
Either Cerave smoothing/hydrating cleanser
Vichy 89 hydrochloric acid when skin is damp (this stuff is amazing)
Cerave SPF 25 moisturiser

PM:
Same but without H acid + with burts bees night cream which is super gentle.

Have done a couple of Himalayan charcoal face masks from the body shop and it leaves my skin feeling incredible and I really feel like it’s helping with blackheads/pores.

Wanting to add something in somewhere to further evening my skin tone/helping with black heads and large pores. Potentially want a stronger night cream too. Can anyone recommend anything and where in my routine I can put it? Glowy, smooth and less knackered looking is the goal 🤣. Thanks!
Paula’s Choice BHA for pores and blackheads and skin tone after you cleanse - 2-3 times a week! Retinol and Niacinamide are also great for them things too, retinol would be at night time only though

I’d like to share my skincare item is Ren cleansing balm🌹 rose centifolia, smells lovely and great for restoring my previous dry itchy flaky 40yo face to normal and glowing like my 20’s 🤩 that’s all I use 😬
I love the overnight recovery balm by Ren, i’ve got their jelly cleanser which I’m excited to try at some point 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Absolutely love this thread, so glad I started it.

My current routine is so simple but my skin has never felt so glowing and smooth.

AM:
Either Cerave smoothing/hydrating cleanser
Vichy 89 hydrochloric acid when skin is damp (this stuff is amazing)
Cerave SPF 25 moisturiser

PM:
Same but without H acid + with burts bees night cream which is super gentle.

Have done a couple of Himalayan charcoal face masks from the body shop and it leaves my skin feeling incredible and I really feel like it’s helping with blackheads/pores.

Wanting to add something in somewhere to further evening my skin tone/helping with black heads and large pores. Potentially want a stronger night cream too. Can anyone recommend anything and where in my routine I can put it? Glowy, smooth and less knackered looking is the goal 🤣. Thanks!
I'd suggest retinol for night time. There are loads of good stuff on youtube about how it all works. You can work your way up to a strength that suits you. I'm on Medik8 Crystal Retinal 10 now and it's brilliant.

Reactions: 2
I'd suggest retinol for night time. There are loads of good stuff on youtube about how it all works. You can work your way up to a strength that suits you. I'm on Medik8 Crystal Retinal 10 now and it's brilliant.
I adore CR10 😍

Well any really.
I’ve used the foreo luna before and I do like it and think it’s quite nice when i’ve worn heavier skin and make up so like once a week for example, but personally it’s not something I’d use every day now because I’m not really a fan of cleansing devices. There’s a few people over on this thread about devices that could tell you about the UFO (with the masks) and the foreo bear, I’ll tag you in the thread xx

Has anyone tried the Foreo is it worth the money?
I have an old Foreo Luna Mini. It’s not something you’d want to use every day but it is really good once a week or so for a deeper cleanse. The battery life on it has been insanely good, I’ve found! I also have the UFO 2 and I love it! I’m surprised how lovely my skin feels after using any of the masks, feels like a really nice treat. Again, not likely to be something you’d want to use every day, but I do always feel better for using it each time I do, which makes it worth the spend to me!

Reactions: 3
Is anyone aware of something that works well for psoriasis that you can use whilst pregnant? I had hoped that not drinking alcohol might make any existing psoriasis disappear in pregnancy but I’ve developed it on my ears and scalp. I have a steroid cream for flare ups but I can’t use it.

Had anybody tried the cleanser and moisturiser in the skin+me subscription? Just wondering if it’s worth it! X

Had anybody tried the cleanser and moisturiser in the skin+me subscription? Just wondering if it’s worth it! X
I haven’t personally but have seen people on the Caroline Hirons facebook group say how much they love it! X

I have, I got the cleanser for normal skin andthe light moisturiser. I queried with them about the cleanser, because the first ad said it could remove spf and makeup, and then on the website when I looked neither cleanser said that (now the clarifying cleanser says it can remove spf/makeup). By email they told me the cleanser would work as a 2nd cleanser and advised micellar water as a 1st cleanser. I am very happy with Cetaphil as my 2nd cleanser so wasn't thrilled about another 2nd cleanser but, as I got a free trial, I thought oh well. I'm not blown away by the cleanser.

I'm not a big fan of the moisturiser. It has hyaluronic acid in which I find makes my skin sting now that I use retinol (been on 1.5 years, up to 0.0027% excuse the 0s if I have adder too phew, don't use the reddit sandwich method, can't remember the name of the method I use ). The texture feels quite cetraben-y which I don't mind - I'm a fan of the LRP cicaplast/LRP eucerin style more 'medicinal' skincare products, which both the skin and me ones feel due to the ingredients (and packaging). I would definitely say worth trying if you can get the free trial - I wish they had told me clarifying when I asked could remove spf/moisturiser! But I'm not gomma pay £30 to try out a cleanser when I know I don't like the accompanying moisturiser.

Reactions: 2
Not skin care as such but after recommendations for a foundation currently use it cosmetics cc cream but want a Change

Not skin care as such but after recommendations for a foundation currently use it cosmetics cc cream but want a Change
I use and love its cosmetics cc cream but recently bought the Charlotte tilbury flawless filter and set it with the press powder and LOVE the look it gives me, really natural and light on my skin x

Currently using the IT cosmetics CC cream but before this I used the Nars tinted moisturiser for years and loved it!

I use and love its cosmetics cc cream but recently bought the Charlotte tilbury flawless filter and set it with the press powder and LOVE the look it gives me, really natural and light on my skin x
I use the flawless filter too it’s great isn’t it just so expensive!
I think I might try the L’Oréal true match

Fenty Eaze drops is really nice. If youre using the IT Cosmetics CC cream.

I find the coverage pretty decent but it still feels v light on the skin. It doesnt feel heavy in any way. Good shade range too. It sometimes goes on offer on Boots online I stock up 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.