Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m coming to the end of my medik8 lipid cleansing oil and I’m not sure whether to repurchase (it’s quite pricey) or try the Cerave cleansing oil- has anyone else tried it? How do you rate it?
DHC is my favourite of all cleansing oils, I usually pay about £15, on amazon for 200ml, however the Cerave one is good.

Reactions: 2
I keep seeing the caudalie face mask all over tik tok has anyone tried it or is it just another sales gimmick that I would probably buy into 😂
Is it the purifying clay mask? If so I have it and really like it! But I’m pretty sure it’s just the same as any other red clay mask 😅

I had my first hydrafacial today and already loving the results! Deffo going to book in for a few more - they recommend every 4 weeks for the first couple. As soon as I laid back the lady said I was congested around my t zone with very dehydrated cheeks, and also I have a milia on my chin! Has anyone else ever had / cured milia? It’s been on my chin for forever and I thought it was a wart or something haha

Reactions: 1
Embarrassing confession here, but I think I’ve had an ingrown hair on my areola for a while. Certainly there’s been a red bump that looks like one. I attempted to see if I could have a look and coax it out (I have some hormone conditions, I’m hairier than a lot of fellas at the best of times, ingrown hairs anywhere on my body happens sometimes) and it got a bit angry and red for my attempts to extract a hair or whatever was causing the bump. I tried a pimple patch to see if I could extract any yuck which would therefore allow me to see a hair. That seems to have made it worse, and it’s drawn out quite a bit of gunk, but not having a patch on means i have a small ‘hole’ of raw skin that stings. Every time I’ve dried a pimple patch over the days few days it’s drawn out gunk. Should I keep on with the patches and alternate between that and letting it breathe? Still cannot see a hair but don’t want to actually touch it as it will hurt like mad! I feel grubby admitting to this, haha. Grubby and troll-like. The other sort of troll to what Tattlers are usually called 🤣 good job this is anonymous, otherwise everyone would be sliding into my DMs when they found out how sexy I was 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Embarrassing confession here, but I think I’ve had an ingrown hair on my areola for a while. Certainly there’s been a red bump that looks like one. I attempted to see if I could have a look and coax it out (I have some hormone conditions, I’m hairier than a lot of fellas at the best of times, ingrown hairs anywhere on my body happens sometimes) and it got a bit angry and red for my attempts to extract a hair or whatever was causing the bump. I tried a pimple patch to see if I could extract any yuck which would therefore allow me to see a hair. That seems to have made it worse, and it’s drawn out quite a bit of gunk, but not having a patch on means i have a small ‘hole’ of raw skin that stings. Every time I’ve dried a pimple patch over the days few days it’s drawn out gunk. Should I keep on with the patches and alternate between that and letting it breathe? Still cannot see a hair but don’t want to actually touch it as it will hurt like mad! I feel grubby admitting to this, haha. Grubby and troll-like. The other sort of troll to what Tattlers are usually called 🤣 good job this is anonymous, otherwise everyone would be sliding into my DMs when they found out how sexy I was 🤣🤣
Ouch!!!! I would personally let it breathe to try and get it to heal up on its own

Honestly I would leave it alone. Have used sudocrem on ingrown hairs before which has helped calm them right down. It has antiseptic in it. Don't put anything with chemicals on it!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just ordered this from Boots.

I wanted to try the eye cream but thought I might as well get this set as with the code it was £39.

I know they’re travel sized but I dont like forking out for full size until I’ve tried them.

20% off with the code SAVE20

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Is it the purifying clay mask? If so I have it and really like it! But I’m pretty sure it’s just the same as any other red clay mask 😅

I had my first hydrafacial today and already loving the results! Deffo going to book in for a few more - they recommend every 4 weeks for the first couple. As soon as I laid back the lady said I was congested around my t zone with very dehydrated cheeks, and also I have a milia on my chin! Has anyone else ever had / cured milia? It’s been on my chin for forever and I thought it was a wart or something haha
I had a milia on my cheek that I got rid of myself. I got some antiseptic wipes and milia needles off Amazon. Watched more extraction videos than I can count and went in! After the very satisfying removal I stuck a spot dot over and went to bed. A little gunk came out when I removed the spot dot, but the milia hasn’t come back. I did it a couple of months ago x

Reactions: 7
Hoping for advice please! I have really, really dull looking skin but a very red t-zone. No spots. I’ve booked in for dermaplaning with a jelly mask after as a quick thing to do before holiday to brighten things up but I’m lost in the amount of different services offered nowadays! Any advice please, especially for the redness?

Hoping for advice please! I have really, really dull looking skin but a very red t-zone. No spots. I’ve booked in for dermaplaning with a jelly mask after as a quick thing to do before holiday to brighten things up but I’m lost in the amount of different services offered nowadays! Any advice please, especially for the redness?
Look up the la Roche posay dermallergo serum,
It’s brilliant for soothing and redness

I removed one myself but I left a bit of a mark on my face so i'd advise against it. I basically just stabbed at it with my tweezer. I have had others extracted by beautitians and they did a much better job.

@petitspois @Lac1985

I said I'd update you about the Nivea cream combating oily skin. I have noticed a considerable improvement and will be continuing to use it. It has made my skin break out a bit but I actually think that's because it's somehow clearing the pores that were clogged with oil so I'm hoping that will settle. Not convinced about the anti wrinkle claims but you can't have everything 😆.
I've attached a photo of the one I've been using because I didn't realise Nivea did so many different ones.
20220601_185054.jpg

Reactions: 4
@petitspois @Lac1985

I said I'd update you about the Nivea cream combating oily skin. I have noticed a considerable improvement and will be continuing to use it. It has made my skin break out a bit but I actually think that's because it's somehow clearing the pores that were clogged with oil so I'm hoping that will settle. Not convinced about the anti wrinkle claims but you can't have everything 😆.
I've attached a photo of the one I've been using because I didn't realise Nivea did so many different ones.
View attachment 1312344
Great, thank you

Does anyone here have dry skin? If so if love to know any great products you have found. Either skincare or makeup!
Id like a good toner, moisturiser and spf and any other vitamins/oils

Does anyone here have dry skin? If so if love to know any great products you have found. Either skincare or makeup!
I haven’t got dry skin, I’m more dehydrated to combo skin, however these are things I’d suggest.
The Rose Tonic from Pixi is really good and great for hydration and soothing the skin too or you could use a Rose Water spritzing your skin and then applting something like the Hada Labo hydrating lotion or corsx snail mucin patted into the damp skin, will be great at adding in moisture to your skin.
If you’re dry you’ll probably be better off with a rich moisturiser - I love the weleda skin food and this is designed with dry skin in mind - there’s always a corsx snail mucin moisturiser which I haven’t tried but have heard it’s amazing!

Oils that I love include the Elemis Superfood Oil which is just loooooovely and I love the Pai rosehip oil.

I actually also really love the ren evercalm range, they do a overnight recovery balm and it’s more for barrier repair but when i’m feeling dry it really makes my skin feel lovely xx

I haven’t got dry skin, I’m more dehydrated to combo skin, however these are things I’d suggest.
The Rose Tonic from Pixi is really good and great for hydration and soothing the skin too or you could use a Rose Water spritzing your skin and then applting something like the Hada Labo hydrating lotion or corsx snail mucin patted into the damp skin, will be great at adding in moisture to your skin.
If you’re dry you’ll probably be better off with a rich moisturiser - I love the weleda skin food and this is designed with dry skin in mind - there’s always a corsx snail mucin moisturiser which I haven’t tried but have heard it’s amazing!

Oils that I love include the Elemis Superfood Oil which is just loooooovely and I love the Pai rosehip oil.

I actually also really love the ren evercalm range they do a overnight recovery balm and it’s more for barrier repair but when i’m feeling dry it really makes my skin feel lovely xx
Thank you! Iv made a list and going to do some ordering. Always wanted to try the pixi toner.

My skins dry at the moment, I’ve been using weleda skin food, hyaluronic acid on damp skin and this mask https://uk.sandandsky.com/products/...MI1cyEj97z9wIVxpTVCh3GlwxEEAAYASAAEgLAffD_BwE
I keep hearing about the skin food. Going to order it finally. That mask looks amazing. Can't justify the money tho 😔

• Heart
Thank you! Iv made a list and going to do some ordering. Always wanted to try the pixi toner.

I keep hearing about the skin food. Going to order it finally. That mask looks amazing. Can't justify the money tho 😔
I really like the pixi rose tonic, I don’t use anymore but it’s lovely, I loved it when I used it, I’d be tempted to use it again though 😄

@Blair-Waldorf oooo that mask looks amazing! I’ve used a sand and sky clay one before which I did like!

• Heart
Are you dry or dehydrated (or both)? If you're not sure, have a Google on how to tell the difference. I have normal but often dehydrated skin, the toner I absolutely love is Body Shop Vitamin E toner. Such a lovely consistency, works brilliantly when you pat a couple of layers into your skin 🙂

Absolutely love this thread, so glad I started it.

My current routine is so simple but my skin has never felt so glowing and smooth.

AM:
Either Cerave smoothing/hydrating cleanser
Vichy 89 hydrochloric acid when skin is damp (this stuff is amazing)
Cerave SPF 25 moisturiser

PM:
Same but without H acid + with burts bees night cream which is super gentle.

Have done a couple of Himalayan charcoal face masks from the body shop and it leaves my skin feeling incredible and I really feel like it’s helping with blackheads/pores.

Wanting to add something in somewhere to further evening my skin tone/helping with black heads and large pores. Potentially want a stronger night cream too. Can anyone recommend anything and where in my routine I can put it? Glowy, smooth and less knackered looking is the goal 🤣. Thanks!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.