Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sugar and alcohol can be a trigger for me too, skin can be in bits after Easter and Xmas 😆 O and stress 😩 But the acne is still not even 10% as bad as I had in the past eating a standard diet.
Yeah! You’re not alone in that I’m sure, dairy is a big trigger for a lot. The body is crazy though how different people react to it!!
Can anyone help with adult acne please? My face is covered in blackheads and I get acne on my back and the top of my arms, really painful big spots.
I use salicylic acid but it doesn't seem to be doing anything so any advice would be great please.
Retinal would help in general. Paula’s Choice do a BHA body spot exfoliant (purple bottle) it’s reaaaallly good - I use it for my KP on my arms and less and it’s really helped with the bits of acne i got on my back and chest too. Niacinamide would help too.Back acne though as well make sure you’re cleaning your back LAST - so after all your shampoo and conditioner, and give your back some air too.
Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄
Again, retinal and niacinamide would help here. Cicaplast is more for barrier repair I think (?) but you want something that’s going to help with texture. If the scars are on your body I believe the Paula’s Choice body BHA i mentioned is meant to be great for this and also I love a combo of bio oil on damp skin and then following up with palmers body butter for stretch marks.

Reactions: 4
Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄
I fell just before Christmas and had a nasty scar on my forehead. I was using tretinoin (from Dermatica) anyway, and as soon as the wound and skin had healed enough I started using that over the area. Obviously I don’t know how it would have healed without the tret, but all I can say is that you can hardly see the scar now. I’m so happy with the result. Prior to beginning the tret, I used Vaseline / Aquaphor as that’s what the hospital told me to do, and it was healing quite nicely with that too.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone offer advice on improving the skin/appearance of my legs?

I am pasty but besides that I do exfoliate my legs maybe once a week with a scrub and moisturise most nights - I have tried aha/bha lotions & a Vitamin C body lotion but nothing really helped. They aren't overly dry but they just have those little dots on them - I only wax. I don't really use self tan as I don't like it on my face etc and I think it looks weird if my legs are brown and my face pale!

Any advice?

Can anyone offer advice on improving the skin/appearance of my legs?

I am pasty but besides that I do exfoliate my legs maybe once a week with a scrub and moisturise most nights - I have tried aha/bha lotions & a Vitamin C body lotion but nothing really helped. They aren't overly dry but they just have those little dots on them - I only wax. I don't really use self tan as I don't like it on my face etc and I think it looks weird if my legs are brown and my face pale!

Any advice?
Have you got strawberry skin/KP?

I don't think I have KP - as thats bumpy, my skin isn't really like that. strawberry legs....I googled that - possibly a mild case of this.
I have KP on my arms and strawberry legs. Dry exfoliating with a woven silk glove 2 times a week was great for mine (i personally think scrubs are useless), Ameliorate is really good for this and the Paula’s Choice BHA body spot exfoliant (purple bottle) - I’ve been using this every day, twice a day for the past month-ish and it’s helped massively! Other people have suggested epilating your legs instead of shaving or laser hair removal but obviously they can be costly x

So my skin care input for what it's worth... I've had really greasy skin for a few years now. Someone on here did suggest some face creams which I did look into but I wasn't really sure they were for me.

I've bought some bog standard Nivea Q10. I was expecting to feel greasy and icky like I usually do when I put face creams on but actually my skin feels quite nice. Weird.

I don't like the feel of creams in general but this feels OK. No real smell which works for me.

Happy to update as I go (I feel the blurb on the packet about reducing wrinkles is probably bollocks lol) if any other greasy skin sufferes fancy an update?

So my skin care input for what it's worth... I've had really greasy skin for a few years now. Someone on here did suggest some face creams which I did look into but I wasn't really sure they were for me.

I've bought some bog standard Nivea Q10. I was expecting to feel greasy and icky like I usually do when I put face creams on but actually my skin feels quite nice. Weird.

I don't like the feel of creams in general but this feels OK. No real smell which works for me.

Happy to update as I go (I feel the blurb on the packet about reducing wrinkles is probably bollocks lol) if any other greasy skin sufferes fancy an update?
Yes please!

yes, me too. I manage OK all winter then get the shine on come summer.
No probs. I'll let you both know how it's going in a week or and then maybe a month. So far I'm not sure if there's much difference with grease but my skin definitely looks different in the morning, plumper than usual maybe? It's an improvement anyway and it definitely isn't making the grease worse in the way other creams have.

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have just had a baby 4 months ago. I am losing weight slowly to avoid stretch marks and loose skin.
Ive not noticed I have faint stretch marks on my belly.
Is there anyway of reducing visibility. I’ve been using bio oil once a day.
Any suggestions ?

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have just had a baby 4 months ago. I am losing weight slowly to avoid stretch marks and loose skin.
Ive not noticed I have faint stretch marks on my belly.
Is there anyway of reducing visibility. I’ve been using bio oil once a day.
Any suggestions ?
I double up and use bio oil and palmers cream over it too - i find it better on damp skin! Things like Ameliorate could help too? I’m using Paula’s Choice BHA body spot exfoliant on my legs but it’s meant to be great for stretch marks from what a i’ve read xx

• Heart
Can anyone recommend anything for sun spots? the last two summers, at the first glimpse of sun, I get tiny raised bumps on the back of my hands which they go brown. There's nothing there at all the rest of the year.

I keep seeing the caudalie face mask all over tik tok has anyone tried it or is it just another sales gimmick that I would probably buy into 😂

Can anyone recommend anything for sun spots? the last two summers, at the first glimpse of sun, I get tiny raised bumps on the back of my hands which they go brown. There's nothing there at all the rest of the year.
Tranexamic acid. I had melasma on my face which looked like a moustache and its faded it a lot (along with vitamin C). That was on my face though, but I'm sure you can put this serum on the back of your hands on a night..? - https://www.lookfantastic.com/the-i...KrU5wKDkZys9e1fMjcBoC1KIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also hand cream with SPF 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would defo hit up a good hand cream with spf! I think eucerin do a good one which targets existing age spots along with spf 30 to prevent new ones from developing! Il see can I find the name 🥰
ETA photo

Attachments

• Heart
Mario badescu drying lotion. It's about £16 for a pot but it lasts ages. It has a paste like substance at the bottom and you drag it through a liquid substance and just dab a bit on the spot. If you haven't touched the spot it will greatly reduce and possibly even go the next day. I kid you not. I always have one in case as I don't get many anymore but it's really great for hormonal spots and the under the skin ones.
Thank you so much for this tip - I’ve been using it for a couple of days and it’s miraculous!

• Heart
So I’m coming to the end of my medik8 lipid cleansing oil and I’m not sure whether to repurchase (it’s quite pricey) or try the Cerave cleansing oil- has anyone else tried it? How do you rate it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.