Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

macmac

Different strokes for different folks as they say. They are considered “medical grade” as they have higher levels of active ingredients and they have to be “prescribed” for your skin.

I have never heard of Zo. These kind of products are only as good as the person prescribing them. I’ve had amazing results with image skincare, environ and alumier over the years. I’m a skincare junkie! They aren’t much more expensive than the over the counter brands like kiehls etc but give way better results. I’m 32 and everyone thinks I’m still early 20s. People also think ive had Botox when I haven’t. It works for me 🙌🏻
Zo is Dr. Obagi’s range. He also does the Obagi chemical peel too. Tretinoin is prescription but nothing else in that skin care range would be. They market the products as if they are better formulated than cleansers you can buy freely online but this isn’t the case.

Everyone is different as you say and I’ve tried cheap, mid range and expensive and I can’t say I found the expensive products life changing in any way. Tret on the other hand is the best thing I’ve ever used!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
So I’ve been trying this out for a few days and I can say I really like it! The Repair cream is my favourite and I can see myself buying the full size. It feels quite mattifying but my skin feels super soft and hydrated - win win for my combo skin. It does calm redness down too. I mainly suffer with redness around my eyes and nose, as well as cheeks recently, so have been using the correcting cream before makeup in those areas. It’s green in the pot (green counteracts red) but once rubbed in goes a beige colour. It makes a great base for foundation/concealer and hides my redness as a result. The serum I’m not keen on but it’s still nice.

TL;DR - I like the repair cream a lot and the correction cream.
I love the correction cream, it’s actually really lovely for them no make up days. I’ve worn it out with just concealer and a bit of bronzer and highlight and mascara and it looked sooooo nice. I wanna look at their repair cream.

Has anyone got any recommendations of a lightweight moisturiser? Potentially a gel type moisturiser..

Kindred_

VIP Member
Do you double cleanse? If you’re wearing spf in the morning, usually one cleanse isn’t enough to get all of the residue off. I would suggest using an oil based cleanser or micellar water first then the Cerave one. The simple oil cleanser is really good.
I double cleanse but I do wear heavy make up and find that cerave doesn’t give me a fresh clean face the way my older cleanser used to (Elemis pro collagen ❤)
But I will definitely add an oil cleanser into my routine, thank you ☺ I’m so useless with this kind of stuff!xx

Ab235

I tried retinol before Christmas and I have never in my life had such bad skin because of something. It was awful like you see on the adverts before and after. It took me weeks to clear my skin and never again will I touch it. For me it just wasn't worth the purge.
Please look into the side affects

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I really like it and sometimes use it as a spot treatment which they say you can do. It’s a lovely consistency too but I think I’d love to try another type of retinol eye cream, i’ve considered the murad one but £££
Yes I had a look at that one yesterday as it seems to be recommended a lot, Murad do offer a first order 20% discount though... I also like the look of the Glow Recipe cream, but I think that's because I'm a sucker for nice packaging 😂

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Hi! Bringing this thread back 😁

I’m currently using glycolic pads and toner, with my favourite E45 as a moisturiser. Working well for me at the moment but can anyone suggest some great AHA products?

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
Not skin care as such but after recommendations for a foundation currently use it cosmetics cc cream but want a Change

VIP Member
I tried a L’Oréal revitalift red cream sample the other day and I was really impressed and have ordered a full size tub. I actually felt like I had a glow for once. I have dull skin and would love any advice for a routine to improve brightness. Blackheads on the nose area too could do with banishing. I used sunbeds A LOT when I was younger and facial spf was not a thing I’d ever been told about for some reason 💀👀 I’m experimenting with all sorts of things at the moment but I am very uneducated on it all. The Ordinary stuff interests me and have a few bits from them but open to suggestions

BigQueenEnergy

I follow this skincare routine - https://www.beautsly.com/skincare-guide

Except I don’t use a cleanser because I’m a lazy bum. I just use micellar water. That Bioderma micellar water is amazing. I cannot believe I used to use makeup wipes when I was younger!

My skin is looking so much better now, especially since using tretinoin!! Omg I wish I knew about it 10 years ago 😭 I hardly ever wear makeup these days. I never thought that would ever happen lol

Base2019

VIP Member
Ah thanks I thought that using it consistently would help my skin build up a tolerance quicker 🤦‍♀️ I’m clueless with this stuff! When I say around my eyes I meant more my upper cheek area really, I definitely don’t put it on my eyelids that’s for sure (I steer clear from putting anything on my eyelid or brow bone as I suffer from contact dermatitis/eczema there).
No probs 😘 I know what you mean you would think that would make more sense but with any actives slow and steady wins the race!!! A lot of people don’t realise that you can do damage when not using acids correctly, Instagrammers have a lot to answer for lol

Hope it settles for you 😘 xxx

Wavylines

Chatty Member
Had anybody tried the cleanser and moisturiser in the skin+me subscription? Just wondering if it’s worth it! X

ouroboros

VIP Member
Does anyone have any experience with glycolic acid? I use the Vichy ampoules, which are amazing, but so expensive. I need a cheaper alternative?

mcfeez

VIP Member
do you use niacinamide everyday? I find it very drying so don’t use it much unless it’s with retinol, sometimes i do of a morning but it depends what my skin is like.

do you hydrate your skin with hydrating spray/toner and then a hylauronic acid? I will forever bang on this drum. Spray to your face and apply HA everyday - i do it morning and night, I had dehydrated skin and now I would say I don’t. I use elemis ginseng spray followed by hado labo super hydrating lotion - I do this after cleansing and always put the HA onto damp skin to get true best out of it. this would probably help with the dryness.
if you’re wanting some glow then I would look at vitamin c as a “brightening product” in the morning especially as you’re using retinol (vitamin c and spf in the mornings after using retinol - it’s called CSA and it’s very recommended) and anything that is an AHA will give you glow (2-3 times a week only though as you don’t want to overexfoliate)

also generally speaking - I do eye cream near the start of my routine, around the same time I do my spray + HA as as that way it’s not trying to get through numerous layers of other products
This is great thank you! I will look all these up. I don't use niacinamide everyday actually no, probably only a couple of times a week now as my skin is fairly clear. I sometimes up that a bit if I find I'm getting a few spots.

Lollypad

VIP Member
Hi guys! What’s the general consensus on zit protocol? I’m very lucky that now I’m in a routine I seem to only really get one major zit a month but they are SO obvious on my face - usually around the mouth or chin. My skin is in much better position than it was two years ago and I think they’re generally hormonal, but what should I be doing once I’ve got them? Is it a case of live and let live for the four days it takes for it to bugger off or are there any must haves for getting rid? I tried the origins stuff a couple of years ago and it didn’t seem to do much.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I had these across my jawline for months after taking progesterone. I was given Dalacin liquid, but they don’t do it anymore. It’s now a gel, not as good but still works. These types of spots should never be picked as they leave really deep pot marks. They do go eventually, but bloody annoying.
Yes that’s exactly where they always are. Thank you all, I’m going to give the recommendations a try.

Charl28

I’ve bought the ordinary buffet & hyaluronic acid can someone tell me what stage I use them and what order? X

IndigoViolet

Yeah, I thought it would - my skin is still calming down from being there last week. Would the LRP Serozinc be something you’d recommend using when around hard water?
I normally spritz with the elemis ginseng toner you see
I would use it before the Elemis toner- it may be overkill but it hasn’t done me any harm! Maybe you could try it in the hard water areas first to see if it helps?

mcfeez

VIP Member
I've been struggling on and off for about 4 years with very bad hormonal acne on my jaw and chin. Often painful under the skin spots and large whiteheads. I'd have maybe 2 days in my cycle where it would calm, then it'd flare again. The only thing that had worked before was lymecyclin from my GP and topical only seemed to inflame or dry my skin out.

I was influenced (🥴) on insta to try Skin+Me... You send photos and do a questionnaire to the dermatologists and they send you your topical prescription. I got a free month, now its £20 per month which is still less than I paid on various skin care. I have zero spots for the first time in 4 years! I am genuinely amazed.
My prescription is tretinoin, clindamycin and azeliac acid. Its a nice metal click stick applicant, seems very effective. 5 stars 👌

Any recommendations for an effective moisterisure for sensitive/spot prone skin though? Can't seem to find one rich enough that doesn't sting 🙁
I didn't have terrible acne but was getting spots consistently until I started implementing niacinamide + zinc from the ordinary into my routine, it really helped for me.

The "stinging" part you mention near the end of your post - I see further down you mention using SPF, have you ever considered switching to a mineral type SPF? They tend to be a lot gentler if you have sensitivity.