Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend me a good SPF50 sunscreen for under makeup? I have normal-slightly dry skin which dries up as the day goes on.

I have tried the Bobbi Brown primer SPF and Zitsticka serum SPF so far, the BB looks greasy at first and then causes my foundation to crease and separate as it wears. The Zitsticka is a nicer finish at first but as a matte SPF my face then dries up a lot worse over the course of the day.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend me a good SPF50 sunscreen for under makeup? I have normal-slightly dry skin which dries up as the day goes on.

I have tried the Bobbi Brown primer SPF and Zitsticka serum SPF so far, the BB looks greasy at first and then causes my foundation to crease and separate as it wears. The Zitsticka is a nicer finish at first but as a matte SPF my face then dries up a lot worse over the course of the day.
The only SPF I have ever found which wears well under makeup and doesn't make it sort of dissolve off is the Body Shop one. I bought a Chantecaille one last week which I had high hopes for but make up had gone all greasy looking by lunch, grrr!

• Heart

I love La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF under make up, Bondi Sands face spf is gorgeous too and also love the Elizabeth Arden prevage city smart spf too! 😊 If your skin is drying up, are you lacking hydration in your routine?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF under make up, Bondi Sands face spf is gorgeous too and also love the Elizabeth Arden prevage city smart spf too! 😊 If your skin is drying up, are you lacking hydration in your routine?
I came off roaccutane 10 months ago so I’m not sure if this is my skin forever now or the oiliness will gradually return… But I moisturise twice a day and use a nourishing cleanser, not sure if there’s any more I can do? Do you have any recs ☺?

I came off roaccutane 10 months ago so I’m not sure if this is my skin forever now or the oiliness will gradually return… But I moisturise twice a day and use a nourishing cleanser, not sure if there’s any more I can do? Do you have any recs ☺?
That will explain it 😅 Roaccutance made my boyfriends skin quite dry! I would definitely look at things like the seven skins method using a hydrating toner/mist if you feel like you need more moisture - you may in turn feel that your make up sits better too. Some people only need 2-3 layers of that method, some need 7 but generally you’d start with 7 and then see what your skin needs. Otherwise I’d look at getting a hydrating toner/mist (look at elemis - ginseng, jordan samuel hydrating accelerator i think it’s called, pixi milky hydrating mist) and layering it with a hydrating lotion/hyaluronic acid - hado labo is great for this - this is my holy grail combination. My boyfriend was dry especially around his nose/nostrils and his lips - for lips I really recommend the laniege lip sleeping mask or the MAC lip conditioner x

• Heart
The only SPF I have ever found which wears well under makeup and doesn't make it sort of dissolve off is the Body Shop one. I bought a Chantecaille one last week which I had high hopes for but make up had gone all greasy looking by lunch, grrr!
corsx aloe one, thats my favourite. Very moisturising and gives such a nice glow.

Is it actual snail byproduct? Is there some way that it’s harvested that isn’t horrid to snails if so? I’m curious to try it but as much as I am not an avid snail hugger or anything, if it’s some sort of a beauty equivalent of foie gras I might pass and stick to the stuff I use already! No shade implied to anyone here.

Is it actual snail byproduct? Is there some way that it’s harvested that isn’t horrid to snails if so? I’m curious to try it but as much as I am not an avid snail hugger or anything, if it’s some sort of a beauty equivalent of foie gras I might pass and stick to the stuff I use already! No shade implied to anyone here.
I think I read up about this and they basically just crawl around on a sheet thing with holes in and they collect it that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hi! Bringing this thread back 😁

I’m currently using glycolic pads and toner, with my favourite E45 as a moisturiser. Working well for me at the moment but can anyone suggest some great AHA products?

I’m currently using glycolic pads and toner, with my favourite E45 as a moisturiser. Working well for me at the moment but can anyone suggest some great AHA products?
I've been using REN's ready steady glow on a recommendation from this thread and it's great.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Second vote for the ren ready steady glow! It’s fab 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Another vote for REN here, medik8 press and glow is lovely too but more gentle so not sure it comes under AHA but it’s similar

Little off topic but does anyone have any knowledge of hair extensions? My daughter wants me to do hers (I know she should go to a professional but she hates hairdressers she cannot stand anyone too close to her) so she wants me to have a go.

I am looking and nano beads or tape type ones but unsure which to go for.

Little off topic but does anyone have any knowledge of hair extensions? My daughter wants me to do hers (I know she should go to a professional but she hates hairdressers she cannot stand anyone too close to her) so she wants me to have a go.

I am looking and nano beads or tape type ones but unsure which to go for.
I’ve never had extensions and don’t know anyone who uses them but my hairdresser uses the beauty works ones, I’m not sure if they’re good or not or what you’re after - the girls over on the Molly Mae thread or the Kate Hayes threads might be able to help you more xx

I’ve never had extensions and don’t know anyone who uses them but my hairdresser uses the beauty works ones, I’m not sure if they’re good or not or what you’re after - the girls over on the Molly Mae thread or the Kate Hayes threads might be able to help you more xx
Thank you! She has beauty works clip ins but wanting something more permanent I will check out the other threads, it is about time I checked what Kate Hayes was up to these days 😂

• Haha
Hi guys! What’s the general consensus on zit protocol? I’m very lucky that now I’m in a routine I seem to only really get one major zit a month but they are SO obvious on my face - usually around the mouth or chin. My skin is in much better position than it was two years ago and I think they’re generally hormonal, but what should I be doing once I’ve got them? Is it a case of live and let live for the four days it takes for it to bugger off or are there any must haves for getting rid? I tried the origins stuff a couple of years ago and it didn’t seem to do much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.