Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1010350
I have tried so many things and nothing ever made a difference. I'm in my 40s and society tells me I need a skincare regime lol
After using this for a few days, my skin was so soft and smooth and all the little bumps went away. I couldn't believe something actually worked!!!
It is a little pricey but I will gladly pay for something that works instead of trying many cheaper things.

These are amazing aren’t they!! My sister gave me one to try and I couldn’t believe the difference from just one go. I have got round to buying more yet, they are quite pricey 🥴 but that’s a good point about paying more if it works.

Reactions: 1
All the ladies using ren glow tonic, do you use it 2 times a day? And do use it with retinol?

I use mine in the morning and it gives a lovely glow so not sure i need it 2 times a day but I also use retinol at night with the glow cream which i know is ok but can’t see anything about it being compatible with the tonic, i assumed not because its an exfoliant?

I have heard the tonic and cream together gives better results but i dont want to stop using retinol

Reactions: 1
All the ladies using ren glow tonic, do you use it 2 times a day? And do use it with retinol?

I use mine in the morning and it gives a lovely glow so not sure i need it 2 times a day but I also use retinol at night with the glow cream which i know is ok but can’t see anything about it being compatible with the tonic, i assumed not because its an exfoliant?

I have heard the tonic and cream together gives better results but i dont want to stop using retinol
I only use it two or three times a week and never with retinol. I wouldn’t use any active ingredient with retinol as you could damage your skin barrier and it’ll take ages to recover. I use tretinoin nightly and use the Ren in the morning as and when I need it. Exercise caution and you’ll be fine 😊

Reactions: 4
I only use it two or three times a week and never with retinol. I wouldn’t use any active ingredient with retinol as you could damage your skin barrier and it’ll take ages to recover. I use tretinoin nightly and use the Ren in the morning as and when I need it. Exercise caution and you’ll be fine 😊
I’ve been using it at night. Not sure if that’s right. I also have the REN jelly cleanser. I’m convinced these have helped my skin enormously over the last few days.
I’m also interested in the Dr Dennis peel that was mentioned further up.

Reactions: 4

I've been using it at night after cleanser/face wash with Vichy night cream (Ingredient: Caffeine, Ceramides, Green Tea, Hyaluronic Acid
I’ve been using it at night. Not sure if that’s right. I also have the REN jelly cleanser. I’m convinced these have helped my skin enormously over the last few days.
I use it at night only. I only use extra virgin olive oil in the day as my skin just wants moisture.

Reactions: 3

I use it at night only which I follow by the ren overnight glow cream and eye cream. Altho if I have used anything exfoliating that morning say like a mask I don’t use the ren glow tonic then as it’s too much exfoliation for me… the glow cream work so well with it I cant get over how brightening it is lol I don’t think I would use the tonic with retinol being honest, too much exfoliation wouldn’t want to damage skin barrier

I might stop the retinol for a while then and try the tonic and cream.

Anyone else find the overnight cream stinks? No pain no gain i suppose haha

If you find your skin sore or damaged I cant recommend Cosrx Snail Mucin enough. Its so healing.

It took me a while to get my head around the thought of it but its so lovely on your skin.

I get it on amazon, its the cheapest but Boots sell it now!

2 times a day is probably too much IMO. I would only use it 2-3 times a week as it is an exfoliating product and I wouldn’t use it the same nights as retinol. When using retinol you’re probably best keeping the routine rather simple, I go between phases of using it on its own or with niacinamide and hyaluronic acid x

• Heart
2 times a day is probably too much IMO. I would only use it 2-3 times a week as it is an exfoliating product and I wouldn’t use it the same nights as retinol. When using retinol you’re probably best keeping the routine rather simple, I go between phases of using it on its own or with niacinamide and hyaluronic acid x
Yeh did think 2 times a day is excessive but i’m sure the bottle says am and pm.

I think I will cut down from daily usage and try it at night time with the night cream and rotate it with retinol.

Thanks for all the advice everyone ☺

Reactions: 2
For those that have Botox, how long would you wait before using an AHA, glycolic acid and retinol (obv not at the same time)? I had mine done on Thursday so I’m thinking is it ok to crack on now, I’ve just been using cleanser moisturiser and eye cream since

For those that have Botox, how long would you wait before using an AHA, glycolic acid and retinol (obv not at the same time)? I had mine done on Thursday so I’m thinking is it ok to crack on now, I’ve just been using cleanser moisturiser and eye cream since
Yeah you're fine. It's basically only while you have open wounds from the needle. 24 hours minimum is my rule.

• Heart
I've been using it at night after cleanser/face wash with Vichy night cream (Ingredient: Caffeine, Ceramides, Green Tea, Hyaluronic Acid

I use it at night only. I only use extra virgin olive oil in the day as my skin just wants moisture.
Sounds good! You’re fine at night if you’re using it and just putting some lovely moisturiser on afterwards. It’s only if you start with retinol (which you only apply at night) when you would need to start switching up when you use it.

These are amazing aren’t they!! My sister gave me one to try and I couldn’t believe the difference from just one go. I have got round to buying more yet, they are quite pricey 🥴 but that’s a good point about paying more if it works.
They are !! :)
I recently bought the Alpha moisturizer to go with it and that too is amazing !....leaves skin so soft and the cream is very slippery/spready....not sure the right word but you need very little to smooth it on...this pot will last a year I'm sure.

Hi, can anyone give me a little advice please! My husband is terribly stressed and has developed extremely bad, dark circles around his eyes. I know nothing is a miracle worker but can anyone suggest a non surgical cream or treatment that may help to improve them? They’re starting to effect his confidence! Preferably something which doesn’t require a remortgage on the house 🤦🏻‍♀️! Help! X

Hi @Lolly4321 I have heard great things about caffeine for under eye circles. It’s not a permanent fix but can apparently help to make things look better temporarily. I haven’t tried it myself but I definitely want to. The Inkey List makes a very affordable caffeine eye cream.

Hi, can anyone give me a little advice please! My husband is terribly stressed and has developed extremely bad, dark circles around his eyes. I know nothing is a miracle worker but can anyone suggest a non surgical cream or treatment that may help to improve them? They’re starting to effect his confidence! Preferably something which doesn’t require a remortgage on the house 🤦🏻‍♀️! Help! X
A friend of mine sqears by the ordinary caffeine serum. He showed me before and after and there was a noticeable difference after about 10 days.

I bought some for my husband who has bad under eye dark patches but it did nothing

However he has had them since I have known him (around 15 years) so maybe his is permanent now haha

Image skincare vital c eye cream. Also look into cyro globes - they are like sticks with balls on the end you pop in the fridge or freezer… they are amazing. You can get cheaper ones on Amazon so don’t feel the need to buy expensive ones.

Thank you all so much for your quick replies! It’s just hard seeing how much it’s getting him down so I’ll get them ordered! Love the sound of these sticks…I can steal them as well! 😂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.