Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you all so much for your quick replies! It’s just hard seeing how much it’s getting him down so I’ll get them ordered! Love the sound of these sticks…I can steal them as well! 😂 x
I hope he sees some improvement! (and that things are less stressful soon) x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Image skincare vital c eye cream. Also look into cyro globes - they are like sticks with balls on the end you pop in the fridge or freezer… they are amazing. You can get cheaper ones on Amazon so don’t feel the need to buy expensive ones.
Primark also sell them, I have their ones and they’re lovely. Think they were only about £6

Reactions: 3
Hi, can anyone give me a little advice please! My husband is terribly stressed and has developed extremely bad, dark circles around his eyes. I know nothing is a miracle worker but can anyone suggest a non surgical cream or treatment that may help to improve them? They’re starting to effect his confidence! Preferably something which doesn’t require a remortgage on the house 🤦🏻‍♀️! Help! X
With dark circles it often depends on the cause, as to what if anything will improve them. I think in a lot of cases, best results come from making sure everything is tip top inside the body, so sleep, lots of water, good foods, limiting salt and alcohol. I know that all of these things are easier said than done when stress is a factor! 😕

For topical treatments, I see caffeine has already been mentioned, some creams have brightening ingredients in too, such as liquorice, Facetheory has one that's reasonable.

This cream is a 'men's' range one that has good reviews and is supposed to offer an instant effect as well as long term - https://www.boots.com/harrys-brightening-eye-cream-15ml-10294944

• Heart
Thank you, I’ll pop in! I’ve ordered the ordinary caffeine serum so 🤞🏻 X
caffeine is a good product for eyes, ginseng is too - good for dehydration. origins do a lovely ginseng eye cream which certainly helps to brighten!

as the poster above mentioned, harry’s is a really good choice for men’s products - my boyfriend has some of their bits xx

I really want to buy some medik8 products - the ‘strongest’ products I use are the alpha wipes from Dr Dennis Gross and Murad retinol moisturiser. But I noticed a line from my mouth recently and need to up the ante 🃏 Is anyone following a mostly medik8 regime? My skin is combination, few fine lines and very tolerant to retinol. I know you’re not meant to mix certain things? so don’t want to buy stuff I can’t use together.

Reactions: 1
I really want to buy some medik8 products - the ‘strongest’ products I use are the alpha wipes from Dr Dennis Gross and Murad retinol moisturiser. But I noticed a line from my mouth recently and need to up the ante 🃏 Is anyone following a mostly medik8 regime? My skin is combination, few fine lines and very tolerant to retinol. I know you’re not meant to mix certain things? so don’t want to buy stuff I can’t use together.
i use the medik8 c-tetra (vitamin c) and the crystal retinal 6, i’ve also used the liquid peptides which were lovely and the press and go too, i take these 2 in and out of my routine regularly but the c and retinal are sort of holygrails. i have combination skin x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i use the medik8 c-tetra (vitamin c) and the crystal retinal 6, i’ve also used the liquid peptides which were lovely and the press and go too, i take these 2 in and out of my routine regularly but the c and retinal are sort of holygrails. i have combination skin x
Thank you❣ I have the c-tetra and retinol 10 in my basket, but might get the 6 first 😬 have you tried the advanced night restore? I have tonnes of other products but want to whittle it down now and kind of settled on medik8. Although I did really rate the Dr Dennis Advanced Retinol and Ferulic Range.

Thank you❣ I have the c-tetra and retinol 10 in my basket, but might get the 6 first 😬 have you tried the advanced night restore? I have tonnes of other products but want to whittle it down now and kind of settled on medik8. Although I did really rate the Dr Dennis Advanced Retinol and Ferulic Range.
what is your experience with retinol? like what have you used in the past and what strength? retinal is a bit difference to retinol. i’ve not used the advanced night restore but it’ll be great because of the ceramics and peptides in it for maintaining good barrier 😊 if you’re gonna get the c tetra and the retinal then make sure you are using spf after you’ve used c-tetra in the AM - CSA method is great for getting the best of your retinal and products x

I use Crystal retinal 10 and it’s great. I started retinol with La Roche posay then went straight to that as my skin isn’t sensitive at all. This isn’t recommended though. I’d love to try their vit c.

• Heart
You can get samples on feelunique.. 5 for £3.95 I think

• Heart
what is your experience with retinol? like what have you used in the past and what strength? retinal is a bit difference to retinol. i’ve not used the advanced night restore but it’ll be great because of the ceramics and peptides in it for maintaining good barrier 😊 if you’re gonna get the c tetra and the retinal then make sure you are using spf after you’ve used c-tetra in the AM - CSA method is great for getting the best of your retinal and products x
Thanks 🧠 📦 😀 I need to do some reading! I started out with the ordinary years ago then Dr Dennis and Sunday Riley A+. They’re low but think my skin could handle the 6. I have some unopened SPF products so no excuses.

I use Crystal retinal 10 and it’s great. I started retinol with La Roche posay then went straight to that as my skin isn’t sensitive at all. This isn’t recommended though. I’d love to try their vit c.
That’s good to hear! Sounds similar to mine. How long did it take for you to see improvements?

I had a look @Onepotatotwopotato but can’t seem to find the samples? I’ll probably take the plunge and buy full 😊

Reactions: 1
Thanks 🧠 📦 😀 I need to do some reading! I started out with the ordinary years ago then Dr Dennis and Sunday Riley A+. They’re low but think my skin could handle the 6. I have some unopened SPF products so no excuses.

That’s good to hear! Sounds similar to mine. How long did it take for you to see improvements?

I had a look @Onepotatotwopotato but can’t seem to find the samples? I’ll probably take the plunge and buy full 😊
I’d say almost immediate in terms of skin feeling but a couple of weeks for fine lines to look a bit reduced. I wait for a 30% off thing which happens from time to time.

I would really like to start introducing more medik8 also I am currently using the lipid cleanser (think it’s called this it’s the liquid one) and the press and glow

I use MediK8 CR 3 and will go up to 6 when I run out - I can really tell the difference in my skin tone! I’m also keen to try their Vit C but I love the Superdrug 15% Vit C.

I’ve tried peptide serum before (Q+A brand) and I didn’t really get it?! I’m using a Drunk Elephant dupe peptide cream and I like that. Anyone recommend a good peptide serum and when to include it? 🥰

I had a facial recently and was chatting to the beautician about the Medik8 Retinal products. She really rated them. My skin is super sensitive so she recommended I start on the 3 before working my way up to 10 tube by tube. But if you have hardier skin that I do, you could probably handle the 6 or 10?

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I (personally) would say maybe start on the 3 or if you do start on the 6 then really slowly introduce it to build your tolerance - but you know your skin better than I will. I was probably similar but I was using retinol before going onto crystal retinal - retinal is 11x more effective and speedier than a retinol is and also more exfoliating and also they really are quite different to eachother as a product as retinol is more gentle so going to the crystal retinal will be a jump. I felt there was a difference between 3 and 6 - it’s a gorgeous product though, you will love it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.