Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys! What’s the general consensus on zit protocol? I’m very lucky that now I’m in a routine I seem to only really get one major zit a month but they are SO obvious on my face - usually around the mouth or chin. My skin is in much better position than it was two years ago and I think they’re generally hormonal, but what should I be doing once I’ve got them? Is it a case of live and let live for the four days it takes for it to bugger off or are there any must haves for getting rid? I tried the origins stuff a couple of years ago and it didn’t seem to do much.
I'm in the same boat. Currently got a "monthly whoppa" one of the horrible under skin ones but the rest of my skin is fine

Reactions: 1
Try the colloid patches. The Cos Rx ones are good and cheap. Zitsticka contain spot fighting ingredients (salicylic acid, etc) and are pricier but they often do deals on their website.

Reactions: 6
Try the colloid patches. The Cos Rx ones are good and cheap. Zitsticka contain spot fighting ingredients (salicylic acid, etc) and are pricier but they often do deals on their website.
Yep came here to suggest the same! The cosrx ones cost £6 on asos! I’ve been using them but want to try the Zitsticka ones which are meant to be amazing. Often I find just using retinol or a salicylic acid on my face helps calm them down too

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend me a good SPF50 sunscreen for under makeup? I have normal-slightly dry skin which dries up as the day goes on.

I have tried the Bobbi Brown primer SPF and Zitsticka serum SPF so far, the BB looks greasy at first and then causes my foundation to crease and separate as it wears. The Zitsticka is a nicer finish at first but as a matte SPF my face then dries up a lot worse over the course of the day.
It's 42 instead of 50 but it's close lol

This sunscreen is amazing....it's not greasy, doesn't make you break out and great under makeup. It's my fave!
Shiseido - Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Not skincare but hormonal spots around the mouth/jawline can be greatly reduced by removing dairy from your diet or at least minimising it as much as possible. I used to be much better at this than I am now (damn you cheese!) but it really does help if you can cut the dairy back.

Reactions: 5
Not skincare but hormonal spots around the mouth/jawline can be greatly reduced by removing dairy from your diet or at least minimising it as much as possible. I used to be much better at this than I am now (damn you cheese!) but it really does help if you can cut the dairy back.
I cut milk out last year. Cheese is my downfall too though!

Reactions: 2
Hi guys! What’s the general consensus on zit protocol? I’m very lucky that now I’m in a routine I seem to only really get one major zit a month but they are SO obvious on my face - usually around the mouth or chin. My skin is in much better position than it was two years ago and I think they’re generally hormonal, but what should I be doing once I’ve got them? Is it a case of live and let live for the four days it takes for it to bugger off or are there any must haves for getting rid? I tried the origins stuff a couple of years ago and it didn’t seem to do much.
Mario badescu drying lotion. It's about £16 for a pot but it lasts ages. It has a paste like substance at the bottom and you drag it through a liquid substance and just dab a bit on the spot. If you haven't touched the spot it will greatly reduce and possibly even go the next day. I kid you not. I always have one in case as I don't get many anymore but it's really great for hormonal spots and the under the skin ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m late to this, but for masks I swear by Glamglow.. pricey but sooo good! Starskin is also very good. I must also add that the nip + fab range is fantastic & very affordable! Q&A skincare is fab, their moisturiser for oily skin is a staple for me. I also personally love on etsy the people that make home remedy oils for acne. Some of them are great. I hope this helps whoever needs it! X

I second the dairy causing/exasperating acne, for me anyway. I went vegan and the acne I suffered with for over 15 years cleared immediately. I have the odd minor breakout before my period but they are tiny whiteheads and no longer get big pimples. I do however know vegans with acne so it is not the case for everyone.

I have a good skincare routine now and follow it religiously so I know that helps. If using scrubs, stop as it messes up you skin barrier!

Retinol/retinA/AHA's are king.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I second the dairy causing/exasperating acne, for me anyway. I went vegan and the acne I suffered with for over 15 years cleared immediately. I have the odd minor breakout before my period but they are tiny whiteheads and no longer get big pimples. I do however know vegans with acne so it is not the case for everyone.

I have a good skincare routine now and follow it religiously so I know that helps. If using scrubs, stop as it messes up you skin barrier!

Retinol/retinA/AHA's are king.
It’s crazy cos the only real dairy I have is cheese but dairy has never been a trigger for me. Mine is sugar, if I have had lots of sweets I know I’ll break out round my mouth 😂

It’s crazy cos the only real dairy I have is cheese but dairy has never been a trigger for me. Mine is sugar, if I have had lots of sweets I know I’ll break out round my mouth 😂
Sugar and alcohol can be a trigger for me too, skin can be in bits after Easter and Xmas 😆 O and stress 😩 But the acne is still not even 10% as bad as I had in the past eating a standard diet.

Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄

Can anyone help with adult acne please? My face is covered in blackheads and I get acne on my back and the top of my arms, really painful big spots.
I use salicylic acid but it doesn't seem to be doing anything so any advice would be great please.

Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄
Microroller, Retin A (tretenoin) Bio Oil would be the only things I have researched that claim to remove scars effectively.

Alpha Arbutin and Azelaic acid helped acne scarring for me. Also an LED mask daily x

Mederma is pretty good!
Microroller, Retin A (tretenoin) Bio Oil would be the only things I have researched that claim to remove scars effectively.
Alpha Arbutin and Azelaic acid helped acne scarring for me. Also an LED mask daily x
Thank you all! Sadly couldn’t find Mederma in stock but I’m heard good things about tretenoin so I’m going to look into it! Unfortunately, I don’t have an LED mask but then I don’t think I could use it on my body haha and the scar on my face is more or less okay. Thanks again x

• Heart
Can anyone help with adult acne please? My face is covered in blackheads and I get acne on my back and the top of my arms, really painful big spots.
I use salicylic acid but it doesn't seem to be doing anything so any advice would be great please.
I have never had body acne but face acne nothing worked other than going GENTLE. Eliminating harsh scrubs and drying creams in order to rebuild my skin barrier.

You could try Differin which is a new type of retinoid. Or just use Tretinoin which also speeds up cell turnover and clears pores. Might have to go to Derm for Tret, just GP for Differin.

I find pimple patches great for sore pimples when they come to a head.

Thank you all! Sadly couldn’t find Mederma in stock but I’m heard good things about tretenoin so I’m going to look into it! Unfortunately, I don’t have an LED mask but then I don’t think I could use it on my body haha and the scar on my face is more or less okay. Thanks again x
Another shout for Mario badescu. My bf has bad acne on his back and it's completely cleared using thyei body breakout kit. There are two washes to use. Combine that with a scrubbing brush for you back as alot of acne is caused by dead skin cells. So a back scrubber can help to remove these.

I didn't get bad acne but was getting spots on my face a lot morw regularly until I started using niacinamide from the ordinary. Its very good. I was using it everyday but have now went to a couple of times a week or a bit more when I do get a spot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.