Siobhan O’Hagan #40 her favourite Christmas movie is Love Actuary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in the gym this morning at 6.30. Despite the freezing temperatures the place was the busiest I’ve seen it at that time since before summer. Most normal people are going to have increased social activity in December but will keep up with (or even increase) their exercise routine in the run up to Christmas so as not to completely lose the run of themselves. All the proper PTs I follow on Insta are pushing the “enjoy yourselves but there’s still nearly 2 weeks to Christmas so no need to go mad” line.

Siobhan, global PT extraordinaire, gives up on herself and her clients on 13th December cos YOLO. What a bleeping sham she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@farnaway yep- my coach asked us this morning if we wanted him to open up Christmas Eve morning (we'll all be up with kids, rushing around anyway) Majority said yes. Any reputable PT/coach has been pushing balance/monderation as a theme to encourage incorporating better overall lifestyle habits. This one preaches that- but doesn't live it at all.
She's like a teenager pretending to be a PT.
And the comment about doing the yoga teaching course ASAP made me furious- just another money making angle to add to her repertiore. Doing an online teaching course when she's been to a handful of irl classes is just unreal. To me it indicates her superiority complex- look at me, I'm not going to lower myself to actually learn in person what I need to know- I'm too good (strong, athletic, whatever) for that- I just need the cert so I can fleece more people...

Reactions: 26
Ugh well said. I mentioned her YTT the other day on this forum and bammmm she has finally started it. Although, she is doing it for all the wrong reasons as you outlined above

Reactions: 10
Dr. Ashling Gough aka healthy little lifter is a brilliant coach 🙌🏻 I’ve been coached by her for a photoshoot such a lovely genuine girl & is an expert in her field definitely recommend
I have followed Aisling for years. She’s fab. I’m pleased to hear you had a positive experience with her coaching.

Reactions: 12
Started following SOH in roughly 2013, her content, her drive, her ambition to loose weight and feel better in herself- so motivational! I would watch her food plans and meal prep ideas. Her training & her commitment of training before or after work and like everyone else logging all the workout gear to a corporate job! I bought from her af links- i genuinely liked what she was promoting! (Shout out to anyone who remembers the funky'n'fit leggings)

Now, there is literally not one likeable thing about her. The things she even talks about are so unrelatable to any woman in her 30s. She is Peter Pan! Even how she speaks of coming home for Christmas, it's like how i behaved in my Teens/20s catching up with those attending different unis! Not a grown 30 year old woman!! We all don't use Xmas as an excuse to meet up with people - my friends are my friends I'll meet them any time of year!!! Not just use randomers for a photo opp!

Reactions: 33
Well she can, but the market can also tell her to go fcuk herself, with a recession encroaching and people tightening their belts post-Christmas and having higher expectations of any fitness service they invest in. Give her enough rope and she'll hang herself, this wan. She's a nobody in a land of fitness somebodies and the state of her on her instagram alone would turn away people serious about their health and fitness. I wouldn't trust her to walk my dog never mind train me up and get my body in shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@not_influenced 100% agree. I've followed her enarly as long and she was relatable, and 'normal'. Thinking back to that makes her current persona even more unlikable?

Reactions: 4
Dr. Ashling Gough aka healthy little lifter is a brilliant coach 🙌🏻 I’ve been coached by her for a photoshoot such a lovely genuine girl & is an expert in her field definitely recommend
I love her insta account she offers concrete free advice and knowledge and she clearly practices what she preaches. I was thinking of signing up to her in the new year. I'm 16 weeks post parturition and looking for someone who knows her tit lol 😆

Reactions: 3
@not_influenced 100% agree. I've followed her enarly as long and she was relatable, and 'normal'. Thinking back to that makes her current persona even more unlikable?
Something changed. There was a point in time where she had a platform to build on, she could have pivoted into travel influencing etc. She could have made it big time. Alcohol is her downfall;

In the words of The Dubliners

"The Years have made me bitter, the gargle dimmed my brain".

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think the show was her downfall tbh. She went all out and afterwards pretty much abandoned her coaches when that was the time she'd have needed them most- but I think the disordered eating she developed wouldn't 'let' her follow their professional advice- and she spiralled since.
I wonder is her drinking habits also a result of being unable to cope with her eating habits? She's in a constant cycle of punishment exercise/overeating and drinking.
She then ran away to Bali and found young, impressionable digital nomads (I HATE that term! 😅 ) who possibly looked up to her as she was older, and this helped inflate her fragile ego. As time went on, these young un's came into their own and developed their own paths, and didn't 'need' Aunty Shiv anymore, or at least didn't hold her in the esteem she felt she deserved. Hence her escape back to this end of Europe.
She would see moving back to Ireland as a failure- how can she 'live differently' in her home country.
She's a lost soul really, and has noone to blame but herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Started following SOH in roughly 2013, her content, her drive, her ambition to loose weight and feel better in herself- so motivational! I would watch her food plans and meal prep ideas. Her training & her commitment of training before or after work and like everyone else logging all the workout gear to a corporate job! I bought from her af links- i genuinely liked what she was promoting! (Shout out to anyone who remembers the funky'n'fit leggings)
Yeah this is so true. The thing that gave her success was her drive and motivation, the discipline of working out regularly, prepping meals etc. It's the polar opposite of where she is today, with her complete lack of discipline in her eating, the compensatory over-exercising without any structure or end goal, between non-stop binge drinking sessions and hopping countries and moving the goal posts on what she's trying to achieve and all underpinned by a defensive attitude towards her life "I'm SOOO happy that I don't meal plan / compete in bodybuilding / live in London / am single" etc.

Whether she's willing to admit it or not, she's completely lost and directionless and that's the opposite of what drew her instagram followers to her in the first place.

Reactions: 15
Is anyone a PT here and be able to share how shite a PT would have to be to have no clients between now and January?
I’m a trainer (full time in person part time online) I’m away 20-27th BUT training 10 hours a day until then and my clients are getting covered those days….and I’ll be back in work the 28th 😂

Reactions: 13
It's an indicator of a PT with no business that she can shut down for Christmas on a whim like that! Would love someone to see what she is at in Until. She hasn't shared any client workouts or anything to further promote herself.

It's all highly suspicious.

Reactions: 16

Now, there is literally not one likeable thing about her. The things she even talks about are so unrelatable to any woman in her 30s. She is Peter Pan! Even how she speaks of coming home for Christmas, it's like how i behaved in my Teens/20s catching up with those attending different unis! Not a grown 30 year old woman!! We all don't use Xmas as an excuse to meet up with people - my friends are my friends I'll meet them any time of year!!! Not just use randomers for a photo opp!
Very interesting. As someone who is only following her the last 1.5 years, I’m always curious to hear from people who followed her from the start, and how she actually built a following. This was a great insight. The problem she has now is that she has moved so far away from that now as to be completely unrecognizable to her original followers. She needs a complete re-brand, but bar James Smith (who doesn’t have a bar of her) there’s no one she’d deem worthy of offering her advice. Hence, luckily for us, the Truman show will continue.

Reactions: 10
I honestly don’t think Shiv has any PT clients. Maybe 1 at the most. Clocking off on the 13th December for Christmas should be a massive indicator to any prospective clients that’s she is in this for herself. She does not give one solitary duck about improving the lives of anyone.

Reactions: 26
Could I ask what sort of price she is per month? Been thinking about getting a coach but don't want the zoom call without knowing approximately the cost

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.