Single by Choice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I wonder is for those people who settled for a bad relationship and/or a man who barely helps with the kids/house, do you think they can accept that they might be happier with a different life? Or is that societal pressure of being in a couple/having kids so strong that they don’t think there could be better option out there. Maybe they’re so conditioned to think single life is so unnatural/miserable that they will put up with a life they don’t want.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Something I wonder is for those people who settled for a bad relationship and/or a man who barely helps with the kids/house, do you think they can accept that they might be happier with a different life? Or is that societal pressure of being in a couple/having kids so strong that they don’t think there could be better option out there. Maybe they’re so conditioned to think single life is so unnatural/miserable that they will put up with a life they don’t want.
They're usually mega codependent and assign their own value to their being "chosen" by a man (any man) so I doubt it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
Im
New to this thread. 2 years ago I left my husband after a 24 year abusive marriage.
I live with one of my adult daughters and I LOVE it. I have no intention of letting a man disturb my peace, cause drama or expect me to be his housemaid and counsellor. It’s bliss and I love my freedom, my family and my friends.
After a couple of years, people are starting to ask if I want to start dating again. That’ll be a big, large no!!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 9
To those of you in your 30s, I can promise you it gets a lot better once you’re the other side of 40 (and continues to get better as you get older). I have been on a few activity holidays with strangers this year and they were filled women in their 40s, 50s and 60s who are interesting and active and don’t talk about their husbands and/or children even if they have them. A couple I didn’t know had kids until I’d known them for days
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9