Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be in the minority but I'm quite looking forward to the high school pack right now teens have nothing to do so it's nice to not just sit and watch them slowly age up. Obviously just like most of the game play in the sims it's likely to be a repeat of things we already have in the game just wrapped up in a new sweater. It's going to be glitchy it always is. Can someone remind me why I've played this game for almost half my life. As for simselfs mine is in completely the wrong lifestage real me does not qualify for young adult status anymore

Reactions: 6
Players were complaining that there wasn't enough content for younger sims so I guess this is a nice change but... It's STILL not worth 40$. I can already tell that this content would be discovered in an hour of gameplay, like their usual packs... And the teens still look like adults, I'm sorry, as long as this isn't fixed, I don't see the point in this. Plus, the game released in 2014, it's a bit late for a boring highschool pack...

Also, and I know this could be a problematic thing to say, but I'll say it... EA is trying way too hard to appear "woke" or something. I'm all for representation, I think it's very important to normalize homosexuality, transexuality, in the media... BUT from EA it just feels like they're not doing it for representation at all. Maybe because they received positive feedback from I don't remember which pack where the trailer had a lesbian couple and it was a first, so they decided to "milk" it ? It doesn't feel genuine at all, it feels forced (and why does every pack has to be about a love relationship anyway...). I feel like there's been an homosexual couple in each and every trailer they've come up since, and now they're doing a trailer with the genders written next to the sim's name, feels like Twitter/Instagramy/edgy stuff. That plus the bubble tea being THE after class activity 😂 . It's like they looked online "what are thee youngsters up to these days, let's make them buy this pack".
I feel that way. They are trying way too hard to be woke. It’s woke for the sake of it.
im half interested in the pack. I expect the pier will be rabbit holes. I didn’t want to go to school With my sims. I imagine it will be fun once and quickly become boring. I did have to laugh at Kayla trying her best to cry in her reaction.

I don’t agree with Plumbella saying that after school activities aren’t a thing in the U.K. At least in my school it was. All be it not stereotypical things like cheerleading and American football.
i notice both Plumbella and Kayla said they wanted to relive their high school experiences. I’ve never been one to play like that, so if that’s the aim here I wonder how much I’ll get out of it.

Reactions: 5
I'm interested to see what the pack is gonna be like, i'd have to see gameplay before making up my mind on it. However I did like the clothing and build/buy items! 😍

i notice both Plumbella and Kayla said they wanted to relive their high school experiences. I’ve never been one to play like that, so if that’s the aim here I wonder how much I’ll get out of it.
Interesting for Plumbella to say considering I’m sure she’s said she had a pretty bad high school experience in other videos and either almost or did get kicked out. No sure why you’d want to relive that.

Reactions: 1
I don’t agree with Plumbella saying that after school activities aren’t a thing in the U.K. At least in my school it was. All be it not stereotypical things like cheerleading and American football.
Both Plumbella and Clare do this and it annoys me. They make blanket statements about all UK schools. Like Plumbella saying UK schools have houses and Clare saying UK schools start at 9 and have uniforms with blazers. Like, yes a lot of schools do these things but not ALL of them.

Reactions: 9
I’m super excited for this pack! To me teens are SO boring in the game. So I’m excited to give them more of a story when they are in that stage.

Reactions: 3
Interesting for Plumbella to say considering I’m sure she’s said she had a pretty bad high school experience in other videos and either almost or did get kicked out. No sure why you’d want to relive that.
She did get expelled, she says so in the reaction.
I was bullied severely in high school and was suffering with An eating disorder, can’t say I would want to relive that.
But I am not into playing with my sim self and I think the devs encourage that.
Both Plumbella and Clare do this and it annoys me. They make blanket statements about all UK schools. Like Plumbella saying UK schools have houses and Clare saying UK schools start at 9 and have uniforms with blazers. Like, yes a lot of schools do these things but not ALL of them.
Yes I agree! My primary school had houses but not my high school.
I have a niece in high school and they start at 8.30 every day and they have a uniform but no blazers. When I was at school blazers were only for senior school and prefects.

I've worked in many schools. Most start at 8.30. And only 1 had blazers. Which was a senior school.
And every single school I've been in have had after school clubs. Most daily different clubs.
None have had school houses either.
Never had school houses. Or blazers when I was at school myself either.

They have no clue 😂

Reactions: 2
I thought plumbella said she didn't want to relive her high school experience she wanted to live vicariously through her Sims and have the stereotypical american movie high-school experience. Similarly with Kayla I recall her saying this was nothing like her school experience and she was looking forward to doing the mivie american high school thing. It's true that both clare and jessy make blanket statements like even way back in the 90s kids at my school went to watch football/soccer matches and we had blazers although not everyone wore them. We didn't have houses but my kids go to schools that do and they had blazers in junior school but not secondary. I think Harry Potter made people think British schools was just full of teachers saying 10 points for hufflepuff ever 2 minutes.

Oh and my kids school starts at 8.25 they'd love a 9am start

35E7B44B-6647-4546-A74A-DF182B31ADAE.jpeg
EFBE6E61-ADEC-44D8-A1D2-E633F66A63C6.jpeg

What’s awkward is Deli trying so hard to blow up on Twitter with these tweets that she reposted it on Instagram to direct people to heart the tweet.

The McDonald’s analogy is all wrong. There is no McDonald’s without burgers. The Sims franchise is just one part of EA and we all know multiplayer games are all the rage nowadays. Yes, the EA tweet is stupid, but so is her trying to act as the ambassador for The Sims.

Reactions: 5
That tweet just shows what idiots EA are. Deligracy trying to jump on the back of it doesn’t surprise me. She is always trying to be the professional EA boot licker.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just need to gripe. In Clare's review of the trailer she starts, at one point, saying she hopes it's not boarding schools - the part where the principals daughter is sneaking out. And then, sees a Sim in the house and suddenly is totally on this "it's boarding schools bc that's a teen in there"...
One, you spent the first part of the trailer complaining the teens look like adults.... So why would you assume anyone is a teen when they look like adults?
Two, it doesn't take half a brain cell to think it's the girls MOM bc she's SNEAKING OUT and Ooooh yeah, later, that same Bun haired woman is giving out the diplomas, so it's probably the bleeping principal, who's that girls mom 🙄

But, no, totally a teen and it's boarding schools guys.... I get hoping it's not boarding schools, but you can't just suddenly jump to it is bc you make false assumptions and don't want to consider you're wrong.

View attachment 1386167View attachment 1386169

What’s awkward is Deli trying so hard to blow up on Twitter with these tweets that she reposted it on Instagram to direct people to heart the tweet.

The McDonald’s analogy is all wrong. There is no McDonald’s without burgers. The Sims franchise is just one part of EA and we all know multiplayer games are all the rage nowadays. Yes, the EA tweet is stupid, but so is her trying to act as the ambassador for The Sims.
Oh Deli,shut up and drink your bone broth.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So in Kelsey's latest NSB challenge, she had her Sim move into the dorms even though the rules state they need to live in a Needs TLC apartment for the entire YA stage. Some people were calling her out for it, but of course her fans immediately defended her by saying it's her game and she can do what she wants. I kinda think it defeats the purpose of doing a challenge that has very specific rules...but she also seems to hate money-related challenges or doing anything in the game that's a bit of a struggle, so it's not too surprising.

Obviously just like most of the game play in the sims it's likely to be a repeat of things we already have in the game just wrapped up in a new sweater. It's going to be glitchy it always is
Honestly I just want them to ditch Sims 4 at this point for these reasons + the fact that these packs often end up very underwhelming. Sims 5 surely cannot be worse

What's going on with the way Plumbella is speaking in the reaction video? It just seems so different at times, almost over animated?

Honestly I just want them to ditch Sims 4 at this point for these reasons + the fact that these packs often end up very underwhelming. Sims 5 surely cannot be worse

What's going on with the way Plumbella is speaking in the reaction video? It just seems so different at times, almost over animated?
Sims 5 is rumored to be multiplayer. If it really ends up being multiplayer expect many microtransactions and not much care to singleplayer mode

View attachment 1386167View attachment 1386169

I went to Instagram to see if there was more explanation to this but she literally just posted the tweet. I have absolutely no clue what they're talking about ???

Sims 5 is rumored to be multiplayer. If it really ends up being multiplayer expect many microtransactions and not much care to singleplayer mode
The multiplayer aspect in regard to microtransactions that's being rumoured seems to be focused on an online shop for custom content - sort of like whatever the Sims 3 had, and realistically doesn't seem to be that different from some cc creators selling their stuff through the likes of Patreon. Granted, it is EA and a lot of the player base will buy whatever they release and it's the only game they primarily play

The only worry I have for the multiplayer aspect is that it will mess up the amount they can do. They originally wanted Sims 4 to be multiplayer and that's part of the problem it seems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.