Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my, Deligracy’s channel is dead!
View attachment 945447
I mean, just look at the last few videos... vlogs where she mostly just talks on the sofa, old and childish building "challenges" and CC reviews. Add to that the reaction and review videos when a new pack comes out and that's basically all there is to her channel. These are clearly the easiest videos to film and edit.

She constantly asks for video ideas and then continues to make the same type of low-effort videos.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else remember Piinksim? She was popular around the same time as Lifesimmer and I always wondered what happened to her. She just stopped uploading out of nowhere and all of her videos disappeared a few years later.

Deli sucking up to EA gets boring very quickly. I'd rather watch Plumbella actually call them out for being crap, if there's no controversy there's no interest.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
simsie and dan bought a house (although let’s be real he didn’t contribute anything to that lol) and it’s MASSIVE. like 5 bedrooms or something?

wouldn’t surprise me if she ends up having a baby in the not too distant future

Reactions: 2
simsie and dan bought a house (although let’s be real he didn’t contribute anything to that lol) and it’s MASSIVE. like 5 bedrooms or something?

wouldn’t surprise me if she ends up having a baby in the not too distant future
Yes and she served big “Kevin and Perry” energy through the whole thing.

1-BD71-E09-EF76-4304-96-C1-DBE2-DC88-D754.jpg

She is so neurotic, paranoid and anti-social that I honestly don’t think that being a parent would be good for her (or the baby) at this moment in time.

Reactions: 10
I'm curious why you'd want to move to the USA rather than UK. Like I am British so I guess I'm biased, but it just seems like we have far more social protection here (NHS, Benefits, Employment Rights) and it's a much safer country overall. Also, Florida is SO HOT. I don't understand how people live there, but I guess that one is a matter of taste!

Reactions: 8
I'm curious why you'd want to move to the USA rather than UK. Like I am British so I guess I'm biased, but it just seems like we have far more social protection here (NHS, Benefits, Employment Rights) and it's a much safer country overall. Also, Florida is SO HOT. I don't understand how people live there, but I guess that one is a matter of taste!
i think she said the visa process was much easier going to the US rather than the UK with covid

• Haha
lilsimsie is also a woman who meltsdown at the most minor of inconveniences and says she never leaves her house.

Could you seriously imagine her moving across the world?

Reactions: 10
She said that it’s something about the person who has the ability to support the other person financially is the one who doesn’t have to move.

• Wow
i tried to watch a steph0sims video yesterday and wow 😳 that was the most obnoxiously edited thing i have ever seen! surely people can’t be actually watching them
I tried watching one of her videos once and it just gave me a headache. :/
Utterly unwatchable.

Does steph0sims actually have a job? She only posts once every 3 months or so. I don’t follow her because I don’t like her content but I’ve always wondered.

I’ve been a watcher of YouTube sims community for some years now and really glad I found this thread!

How old is deligracy? I feel she’s in her 30s or approaching, yet her portrayal online is a lot younger. I understand catering to a young audience, absolutely. However, you can tell with the way she plays out her storylines how vacant she is with adulthood. Even her vlogs, it’s as though she’s playing house with her own life. Her upload schedule is mirrored by how she picks up a new interest and then constantly not sticking with it through sheer laziness.

Her job isn’t difficult, in fact I’d say being a sims/gaming YouTuber is probably the most easiest of videos to make yet she can’t manage it.
Her heart isn’t in it any more and I don’t know how much longer her audience are going to cope with her constant leaving and returning whilst still producing the most mediocre content.

I do wonder how she manages to fund a lifestyle without any additional income outside of YouTube. But, I’m not entirely clued up on monetary value vs upload.

Sorry this turned into quite the rant - but hi everyone 👋🏽 looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Welcome to the thread!

How old is deligracy? I feel she’s in her 30s or approaching, yet her portrayal online is a lot younger.
I believe she turned 30 in May. A few years ago I'd say she was more tolerable and, oddly, more mature.

Her job isn’t difficult, in fact I’d say being a sims/gaming YouTuber is probably the most easiest of videos to make yet she can’t manage it.
She just asked her subscribers, yet again, for new video ideas on yt.

Someone suggested she do what James did a while ago, build the same house in all 4 games. Installing all the games and getting them to work properly? No way she'll put in that amount of effort!

A new LP? Where you get frustrated with her lack of Sims-playing skills while she tries to make a good LGBTQ story, but it's a mess and there's no episode 5 because it ended up being demonetized?

I also feel like in the last 2 years she's kind of been lost, maybe feeling (like a lot of people at that age) that she still doesn't have it all figured out, that the channel is going nowhere or that she maybe wants to do another type of videos etc. I can understand that. But no matter what type of content she wants to make, she has to do it well, not half-assed.

However, you can tell with the way she plays out her storylines how vacant she is with adulthood. Even her vlogs, it’s as though she’s playing house with her own life.
Well noticed. If she builds anything serious in The Sims these days, it's always to hint at the stuff she would want in her own house, probably wanting James to take notice. There were several dream houses she built ("realistic" ones, as in, this is what she wants now so take notes!), then the Dream Life LP in which James was paying the bills and doing all the work and she did whatever she wanted.

I also noticed in the vlogs that she has a more dominant role in the relationship and I get the feeling she thinks she kind of settled with James? Recently she had a Q&A on her Instagram and someone asked how they decided to be more than friends. Her answer was something like "I wasn't sure but James said to give him a chance", which to me sounds like he's been into her for years but she only started dating him because she thought "Eh, why not. There's no one better at the moment".

I do wonder how she manages to fund a lifestyle without any additional income outside of YouTube.
Recently, in most of her vlogs, you'll hear her complaining how organic food is expensive, furniture is expensive, renovations are expensive and everything is expensive in Australia.

First of all, life is expensive for all of us. Organic food is expensive everywhere. But prices, in general, have literally never been higher and it's so hard for young people to acquire real estate anywhere these days without huge loans or help.

Second of all, if you can afford to eat organic food regularly, have just bought a house, went on an unnecessarily expensive health program and bought several swimsuits 300 $ a piece that don't even fit, fine cutlery and fancy glassware, in my opinion, you are in a pretty privileged position as is.
And finally, her repeating this constantly, it's like she is indirectly blaming her subscribers because she doesn't have enough money to acquire all the stuff she wants.
She gave the same vibe when most videos on her channel got demonetized a couple of years ago. As someone whose main channel attraction were the LPs, she never tried to work around the demonetization rules. It was simply, no money = no content.

Reactions: 6
i think she said the visa process was much easier going to the US rather than the UK with covid
I mean, there's a reason for that.... it's inevitably easier to get into a country that provides minimal social and structural support and has an 'everyone for themselves' kind of approach.

lilsimsie is also a woman who meltsdown at the most minor of inconveniences and says she never leaves her house.
Could you seriously imagine her moving across the world?
She said that it’s something about the person who has the ability to support the other person financially is the one who doesn’t have to move.
This last quote seems like such a toxic basis on which to start a relationship, and makes it sound like an imposition rather than a negotiation. Like, you have to do what *I* want because *I* am the one with money, and by extension power.

Like it makes sense if one person has a job that is more mobile and the other person doesn't, but in their case I think both are gamers so can work anywhere, as long as they have their equipment.

Also, if she never leaves her house, why does it matter if she moves? She'll still be staring at the same four walls!

I'm SO glad I found this thread! I like having Sims channels/streams in the background when I work, as most of it is so banal that it's just pleasant-enough background noise. I do enjoy Plumbella's videos the most, as her sense of humour hits mine pretty squarely, but the other big names are do vex me, lilsimsie in particular.

Her legacy vids/streams are fun, but I find in her builds she repeats herself so much. As in, she builds the same thing over and over, but also she literally repeats the same sentences 2-3 times just to extend the video (and it's always something tedious, like her trip to the post office). There are far more talented builders and more interesting personalities on there. I was going to say I don't understand why she is so popular, but I suspect it's because her appeal is largely in teenagers or even younger who find her relatable (which is a bit sad for an adult woman who has graduated from college). I listen to her streams if there's no one more interesting online at the time, but invariably end up getting sucked into watching her awful chat. Her viewers are extremely childish and toxic and sadly I think she encourages it (admittedly inadvertently) with her behaviour. She's so quick to take offence at the slightest comment, but very often encourages pile-ons of other users.

I think she and her husband are the same age - about 22? They seemed to graduate uni at a similar time. They look SO alike, it's bizarre - but also weirdly predictable 😂 I do find it weird as well that she clearly rakes in far more money than Dan does - and would still find it weird if the roles were reversed. Obviously if they are comfortable with that arrangement, that's up to them alone, but it's such a huge discrepancy and such a huge move (in the middle of a pandemic!) that I agree it seems more of an imposition/obligation than a decision they would have made otherwise.

When he was regularly posting, James was my favourite. I like him and deli together. His house builds and his challenges are my favourite

So she really based both their lives around what is easier? Really something that would be over with in a year or so for a better life? Majority of the visa process is sitting around and waiting. 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.