Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder if Sims 5 will survive, the community is getting more frustrated and the YouTubers/content creators are getting less afraid to speak out about it.
Ehhh, I think it depends on what they do with the Sims 5. Monetisations through micro transactions as some leaks have suggested may be problematic if done in a way that affects all of the gameplay - as long as people can still play the game without it it’s probably going to be okay

Sims 5 should be a bit of a clean slate and the expectations will be reset. Considering how lacking the Sims 4 is, they should only be able to rise up from here.

one of the problems with the Sims is that the majority of the fan base aren’t into other games and will still buy anything and everything when it comes to expansions and kits, especially during sales which seem

The constant discounts seem to suggest that there are less people buying those expansions, but it also means that EA can put less effort into them than they would for a desired full price product (if that makes sense?)

Also the Sims really doesn’t have a competitor at the moment. Paralives are understandably moving slow, and the hype around it has sort of died by the looks of it, but also what has been shown (or what I’ve seen at least) has mostly been building and CAS stuff which is really only one part of the game if you’re not interested in those aspects

Reactions: 3
I feel like the dialogue on social media makes it really clear what people want from a new Sims game, and TS5 is really their last chance to get it right. If they cock that up, like SimCity, it's over.

- More personality from Sims, like TS2
- Easily customisable building like TS4
- Open world (at least partially) like TS3
- Some of those chaotic vibes from TS1

TS4 is a decent CAS framework, but the assets let it down: those blocky hairs, clipped outfits, questionable cuts, lack of basics... but the devs have in a way no previous versions did tons of detailed feedback from the player base and via the game changers of what is actually wanted and needed to make it successful. I remember James Turner saying at one GC forum they were shocked how much the GCs were pushing for basics, like plain white doors and shelves: so I'm not sure how much they actually understand what players want, but I maintain this is a do-or-die version.

Reactions: 2
Deligracy's lack of will to do proper Sims content is so obvious.

First and foremost, anyone who has played or plays The Sims knows a lot more about how to play this game than she does. It's infuriating seeing her continually trip over stuff that's been in the game for years or her ignorance when something new comes out and she keeps pronouncing things wrong or clicking on actions mindlessly, even though it's very clear what she has to do.

Her videos have been so lazy for the past 2 years and the childish behavior (that I hope she's faking for her audience) is not doing her any favors.

It is SO CLEAR that she has been shifting towards a more lifestyle/health type of content, but since those videos don't fare as well, she needs to keep doing the clickbaity "ohh look new custom content" videos.
She is so transparent, especially on Instagram, where she keeps tagging brands on her stories, hoping they will send her stuff. Which works sometimes, like today! She got some sustainable bottles and spice containers sent to her and she just caaasually mentions she also needs a salad bowl.
Also, she constantly complains about how organic food is so expensive in Australia and how basically everything is so expensive. I've got news for you, organic food is expensive everywhere. If you cannot afford that lifestyle, then you make compromises. Eating everything organic is such a privilege.

Basically, she likes the money youtube brings, but it's not enough for the type of lifestyle she wants, BUT she also isn't willing to work harder for it because she got too comfortable. She churns out videos when she likes, works from home, can maintain her new organic/workout/taking out Bowser lifestyle and can excuse herself from working when she has periods or anxiety.

Reactions: 8
Deligracy's lack of will to do proper Sims content is so obvious.

First and foremost, anyone who has played or plays The Sims knows a lot more about how to play this game than she does. It's infuriating seeing her continually trip over stuff that's been in the game for years or her ignorance when something new comes out and she keeps pronouncing things wrong or clicking on actions mindlessly, even though it's very clear what she has to do.

Her videos have been so lazy for the past 2 years and the childish behavior (that I hope she's faking for her audience) is not doing her any favors.

It is SO CLEAR that she has been shifting towards a more lifestyle/health type of content, but since those videos don't fare as well, she needs to keep doing the clickbaity "ohh look new custom content" videos.
She is so transparent, especially on Instagram, where she keeps tagging brands on her stories, hoping they will send her stuff. Which works sometimes, like today! She got some sustainable bottles and spice containers sent to her and she just caaasually mentions she also needs a salad bowl.
Also, she constantly complains about how organic food is so expensive in Australia and how basically everything is so expensive. I've got news for you, organic food is expensive everywhere. If you cannot afford that lifestyle, then you make compromises. Eating everything organic is such a privilege.

Basically, she likes the money youtube brings, but it's not enough for the type of lifestyle she wants, BUT she also isn't willing to work harder for it because she got too comfortable. She churns out videos when she likes, works from home, can maintain her new organic/workout/taking out Bowser lifestyle and can excuse herself from working when she has periods or anxiety.
couldn’t have said it better myself. i also think she’s just a bit dim 😅 like the way she mispronounces everything and just her general demeanor makes me think there’s not that much going on

i also cannot bleeping stand plumbella, i hate the way the sims community puts her on a pedestal - also she can’t draw and the fact that she sells her drawings is pretty criminal considering her skill level. every other word thag comes out of her mouth is regurgitating someone else’s joke or tiktok and it’s so unbelievably cringe 🥴

i do have a soft spot for lilsimsie tho!

Reactions: 5
I hate the way Deligracy pronounces the word ‘four’.

“Feugh”

Reactions: 1
My favourite and the only one I can still watch without being bored/annoyed is Devon Bumpkin. I just think he is so funny and his builds are just so detailed and simply amazing, plus the storylines are great. I actually feel like all the other ones are quite mediocre..
Beryl…

I hate the way deligracy can’t pronounce anything 😂
Literally my biggest pet peeve. I can’t stand Deli sometimes. I’ve watched her a ton of her vids because I needed something dull for background sound and she really hit the spot there! She is so inarticulate and so daft with Sims videos it drives me insane. I can’t believe she always says “I actually have a degree in graphic design” yet can’t read basic words or figure out simple Sims things she could google on one of her 3 monitors while playing. She’s also incapable of critiquing the sims at all, that’s why I prefer Plumbella a lot more because she actually has some balls to give decent critique if EA have fucked something up or not finished something. Honestly think Deli has just lost all spark and should step away from YT, surely she’s made enough money by now to live comfortably for some time til she gets a real job. Deli also gives me MLM juice cleanse vibes. Something about her lifestyle just seems off? Girl you don’t have to eat a salad for every meal and “live vicariously” through your sim eating red velvet cupcakes while streaming this to a probably very young and impressionable audience.

Also just remembered how she always talks about insta being super fake and how bad filters can be etc yet always has a beauty filter on? What’s the deal here

Last edited:
Honestly think Deli has just lost all spark and should step away from YT, surely she’s made enough money by now to live comfortably for some time til she gets a real job.
I think she earns decent money, but not as much as one would have thought. Her channel is either dying or stagnating, yet she refuses to put more effort into it. She also has an affinity for the more expensive stuff. I mean, the girl just bought 3 pairs of sustainable swimwear, each costing around 230 $. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they bought the house, so they'll need a steady flow of money.

Her and James will probably be redecorating in the coming months. I predict everything will be vlogged and shared on Insta stories in hope of some companies sending free stuff. I expect more sponsored videos as well.

I truly doubt she'll ever go back to graphic design. The competition is tough, she's been out of the game for so long, the money is probably not as good and she doesn't even do graphic design for her own channel. She most certainly won't resort to a 9-5 job, because she would be on sick leave every month for five days, which is not something you can afford outside of the youtube bubble.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they bought the house, so they'll need a steady flow of money.
I feel like they were deliberately evasive about this in the videos, to the point where I think that maybe they didn’t? I feel like a Deligracy would have done a “WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!” video if they had.

I should say that I find most of their videos extremely boring and watch about 10% of what Deli puts out so I might have missed something.

I feel like they were deliberately evasive about this in the videos, to the point where I think that maybe they didn’t? I feel like a Deligracy would have done a “WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!” video if they had.
You're right, that is the type of thing she would announce.
However, I recall hearing a lot of "previous owners did this/that..", which to me suggests that now they own the place... I might be wrong.
They probably took out a loan, so buying a house doesn't seem like such a big deal when you know you'll be paying it off for quite some time.
Also, I don't think this house was something she had in mind at first, because we know she always builds modern houses with big windows and a backyard as her dream houses. But then reality kicks in and you have to make a lot of compromises.

I think she earns decent money, but not as much as one would have thought. Her channel is either dying or stagnating, yet she refuses to put more effort into it. She also has an affinity for the more expensive stuff. I mean, the girl just bought 3 pairs of sustainable swimwear, each costing around 230 $. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they bought the house, so they'll need a steady flow of money.

Her and James will probably be redecorating in the coming months. I predict everything will be vlogged and shared on Insta stories in hope of some companies sending free stuff. I expect more sponsored videos as well.

I truly doubt she'll ever go back to graphic design. The competition is tough, she's been out of the game for so long, the money is probably not as good and she doesn't even do graphic design for her own channel. She most certainly won't resort to a 9-5 job, because she would be on sick leave every month for five days, which is not something you can afford outside of the youtube bubble.
Why would she be out for 5 days outa every month? Does she always do this just because or is she actually somehow sick or? I'm not a watcher of hers cos tbh I feel like she is fake happy & just boring.

Why would she be out for 5 days outa every month? Does she always do this just because or is she actually somehow sick or? I'm not a watcher of hers cos tbh I feel like she is fake happy & just boring.
She usually doesn't film when she's on her period. She annouces it every month on Instagram and for the next couple of days it's just her saying she can't do anything.
I get it. I've had dysmenorrhea ever since my first period. The pain is sometimes unbearable. But I still have to do my job, just as millions of women out there.
I believe every woman would benefit from a day or two off, but with Deligracy, the whole week is period week. And she is quite lucky to be working from home with no scheduled hours, not need to dress up, go to work or do anything physical.

Either she is in serious pain for 5 days, which means should definitely have that checked out, or she's prolonging it because she doesn't feel like doing anything/craves empathy/wants to be relatable, but ultimately comes across as not realizing how privileged she is.

• Heart
I will never get over how much lilsimsie and her husband look alike:

D18-C0-E5-F-9-EC1-4-BEE-9-D07-4-F9-E2-F3-B938-D.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I’m not really a fan of lil Simsie or deli either, they both get on my nerves. I like watching simsav,Clare siobhan and carmen kings videos.

i tried to watch a steph0sims video yesterday and wow 😳 that was the most obnoxiously edited thing i have ever seen! surely people can’t be actually watching them

• Haha
i tried to watch a steph0sims video yesterday and wow 😳 that was the most obnoxiously edited thing i have ever seen! surely people can’t be actually watching them
I never heard of her before so I went & watched just to see. 😐 not my cup of tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.