Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the first question is fine, second part not so much. Who cares how much people spend on their nails, it's most likely a treat for them. Also love how Deli is judging people for spend 30 to 60 dollars on nails but she is always buying clothes for so much more money!

Please don't come for me because I never get my nails done but I'd love to know what makes people go for long nails? 🤗

It’s kind of also the way she said it that made it seem completely dismissive of the concerns people were expressing while also trying to garner sympathy for “getting in trouble.”

I mean, pick a lane. Either you don’t care what people think, or you do. You don’t get to play both sides.

Reactions: 5
This vod is worth watching. He just mocked the comments about him not talking nicely to Gluon.
---
and he's done it again!!! with a faux apology. now they're both mocking.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This vod is worth watching. He just mocked the comments about him not talking nicely to Gluon.
---
Give us time stamps 🙏🙏🙏😭
You don't have to lol I live for the drama but not enough to sit thru a livestream
also - so he does read his comments. there was only one comment on that last video about him being rude to Gluon. and a tonne of replies to that were defending him. I'm surprised he mentioned it at all tbh

---
Must’ve really hit a nerve with him because the comments about how he treats Gluon have been in the minority by a long shot. Other than on here, I’ve only seen literally one comment about it with one person agreeing with them and everyone else defending him. Are people saying it in chat or something?

Reminds me of when Kelsey made that snarky “I failed the challenge” video because people were reminding her of the rules in the nicest way possible. So many of these Simmers cannot handle the slightest bit of criticism or feedback that isn’t just endless praise.

James Turner just doesn’t seem like a particularly nice person.

I get the impression that he’s incredibly grumpy.

Reactions: 17
Ok. I’m watching and at about 12:35 Deli mispronounces “Komerebi.” 🙄
Idk why this bothers me so much 🤣
I watch a small simmer who consistently calls it "KomoRObi" and I want to flip a desk. Idk if she just can't remember the right name or it's a joke I missed out on 🤔
(I give partial credit that it might be a joke bc another simmer I watch on occasion calls Tartosa "Tortuga" on purpose, but they say that every time so you know it's on purpose 🤣)

Reactions: 2
Apologies as these aren't precise timestamps because I don't have time to scroll through and find the exact moments, but it's within a couple of mins of the stuff happening, which I guess helps for more context.

2:50:50

3:00:12

3:28:31

Deli wanted to change the floor and it went on for an hour... Gluon didn't love it and James was like -_- the whole time and yeah this last clip was things coming to a bit of a head.

Re: comments
3:29:48 (watch for a few mins)
3:40:16 (goes for like 6 mins or something IIRC)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks for the timestamps!

I wanted to give Deli props for not making everything about her, but she ruined it by not letting go of the flooring. They clearly didn't want to make the restaurant too nice looking yet and she kept bugging them about it. Read the room already.

And the comments thing...did he delete a bunch of comments that none of us saw? As I and others have said before, it was literally one person who commented about it, one person agreed with them, and the rest were all defending him or disagreeing with the OP. All of that warrants endless mocking? :unsure:

Must’ve really hit a nerve with him because the comments about how he treats Gluon have been in the minority by a long shot. Other than on here, I’ve only seen literally one comment about it with one person agreeing with them and everyone else defending him. Are people saying it in chat or something?
James is a very egocentric person. He needs to show off how great he is all the time and by acting above his audience or the people around him. If anything the comments definitely hit a nerve because deep down he knows that he is being a dick but doesn't like getting called out for it. Once again the difference between him in the live stream and him in his videos is obvious when he can't edit out the rudeness. All he needed to do was tone it down a little bit, people can tell the difference between a little joke between friends and being straight up rude.

Reactions: 15
I watched the entire Burger Boys episode. I didn't hear James yell at Deli. Gluon flat out said he never felt James was offensive and I feel like Gluon is a grown man and if he didn't see it that way then it should be the end of it. He said he loves doing these with James. I do think James was a bit dismissive of the audience but that is him.

I thought Deli being there brought the energy down and made it rather boring. The way James kept asking Deli what she thought made me wanna scream. It wasn't really Deli pushing the flooring that was an issue it was James deferring to her when it should have been what James and Gluon wanted. But most of all, there was a good 2 hours of the stream that was just so boring. And James was in his own world several times totally missing what was being said like usual and also stuff just goes over his head, someone makes a joke and he just doesn't get it. The main reason they did the floors was because they made so much money, what else were they going to do?

Reactions: 13
I watched a couple of the timestamps and I'll be honest I didn't see much of an issue. 😅 Sounded like banter and sometimes James was so focused on the game that he didn't even get the others were talking/making jokes. About them being annoyed about the decorating : gaming can get a bit annoying with friends because you don't always all agree and that's okay. I think it's better that they're comfortable showing annoyance instead of faking happiness all around lol. Also, the last timestamp about him adressing his mean attitude sounded like he was joking around with Gluon. Pretty sure Gluon wouldn't play with him for so long (such long streams) if he thought he was an annoying jerk. Of course, that's only my 2 cents after watching a total of 10 minutes of the stream lol.
---
Bowser would be a better guest 😂
I'm dying at this 😂 😂 😂 Good one

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To clarify on my observations, James definitely got snappy at Deli. His voice was raised from normal level. She then tried to calm him down... "stop..." "honey, honey..."

The comment bits from James were mocking the comments received by James - not mocking Gluon.

I watched the whole thing and the vibe of the whole stream was a bit off. Deli didn't seem like she wanted to be there and suggested they wrap things up around the time of the floors, but then they got back into it and she stayed until the floors were done and James got snappy... she suggested he have a cup of tea, and asked if he wanted lunch (it was like 3:30pm at this point) and then she left. James said he and Gluon would continue, which they did. Anyway, context helps a lot.

And you may not read situations the same as the next person, but that's how things came across to me -- someone who is ND and picks up on patterns and the tiniest changes in tone immediately.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I watched a couple of the timestamps and I'll be honest I didn't see much of an issue. 😅 Sounded like banter and sometimes James was so focused on the game that he didn't even get the others were talking/making jokes. About them being annoyed about the decorating : gaming can get a bit annoying with friends because you don't always all agree and that's okay. I think it's better that they're comfortable showing annoyance instead of faking happiness all around lol. Also, the last timestamp about him addressing his mean attitude sounded like he was joking around with Gluon. Pretty sure Gluon wouldn't play with him for so long (such long streams) if he thought he was an annoying jerk. Of course, that's only my 2 cents after watching a total of 10 minutes of the stream lol.
I didn't blame him for getting annoyed. It is hard to decorate by consensus. I agree with him when he said he was going back to decorating alone and when he said that was rough because it was. It should not take an hour to just do the little bit they did.

Reactions: 7
I didn't blame him for getting annoyed. It is hard to decorate by consensus. I agree with him when he said he was going back to decorating alone and when he said that was rough because it was. It should not take an hour to just do the little bit they did.
Totally. I kinda laughed when he said “this is why I decorate alone” because it’s a nightmare to get consensus on these things, especially when people have very differing visions.

Still think Deli pushed the flooring a bit more than she should have (edit: earlier in the stream than the time stamps, just for context) given that this is something the James and Gluon have been working towards. But it also probably annoyed me because I’m just not into her “everything must be cute and perfect-looking” vibe, both in general and for the stream.

Anyway. There was a post in James’s subreddit about not liking Deli being in the stream 💀The OP was pretty respectful about it, and some people agreed with them, but most people got mad. The post seems to be gone now though.

Totally. I kinda laughed when he said “this is why I decorate alone” because it’s a nightmare to get consensus on these things, especially when people have very differing visions.

Still think Deli pushed the flooring a bit more than she should have (edit: earlier in the stream than the time stamps, just for context) given that this is something the James and Gluon have been working towards. But it also probably annoyed me because I’m just not into her “everything must be cute and perfect-looking” vibe, both in general and for the stream.

Anyway. There was a post in James’s subreddit about not liking Deli being in the stream 💀The OP was pretty respectful about it, and some people agreed with them, but most people got mad. The post seems to be gone now though.
In my head I think I said GOOD, actually I think I said it out loud to myself. :D I have no desire to sit through such a prolonged decorating bit just for a floor ever again.

I was annoyed more in the beginning when Deli wanted to decorate her part of the bedroom because right then I thought oh great, more with her and plus, who does that? Though generally speaking she was less annoying than I anticipated she would be. The people in his subreddit are probably the same ones who fawn over her when she is in his chat and asked for her to be in the episodes.

Reactions: 3
Not even a minute in (barely 30 seconds really lol) and there's already repeating a sentence in Kayla's new video. Surely that must be a new record!

Edit: LOLL it happens again like a minute later

Edit again: Three times now 💀 there might have been more as well i started tuning out the video

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Who are these two and how do they have so many views and subscribers with so few uploads? And why are they constantly in my recommendations?

They’re watchable but not particularly unique or special. It feels odd seeing two people play The Sims together when almost every other Sims channel is a solo gamer.

---
Edit: um they are game changers too?! The channel is CarynandConnieGaming

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.