Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the recap. I was waiting this AM since this was my first roll-over and I had no idea who creates the new thread and who names it. Great recap and great name choice.
I am so glad that everyone likes the recap. As far as I know, there isn't a designated person who makes the thread. I just started doing it because we got to 52 pages on the thread before last and Tattle gets angry if you keep posting beyond the 1000 posts allotted. If anyone else would like to do it when the time comes, they are welcome to. There's always a step by step guide at the bottom of a full thread.

As far as title, suggestions were made at the end of the last thread and the one with the most likes became the title. The only instance where that wouldn't be the case is if it was too long or too inappropriate for Tattle. In that case, the title would be shortened/altered and if that was too difficult, second place would be chosen. I have no idea how we would handle a tie, so hopefully it doesn't come to that. Coin flip?

I need more info please because I have not heard about this.
Here's the archived post if you want to read it. Be aware it's a 40 minute read. :rolleyes: I linked the very first, very disjointed one. I think changes were made to it multiple times, so if you click 10 captures at the top, you can go through all the different versions. God bless the wayback machine. https://web.archive.org/web/2022060...2022/06/06/the-terror-of-the-corporate-brand/

FYI, the article has quite a few large pictures and it may take a while to load or time out all together. It took about 5ish minutes to get all the pictures to load for me. Totally readable without the pictures.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1893981

Allowed? What kind of conspiracy is going on here? 😆
Best guess is that her non-build videos typically don’t do very well, so she’s kinda stuck with them for the time being. She seems to be getting sick of them already given how little effort she put into that tiny home build, but the few gameplay-based videos she’s done in the last several months always do poorly compared to the builds. No one wants to see her actually play the game anymore 👀

Reactions: 5
I was surprised to see lilsimsie referencing Sims Community the other day. Is everyone just choosing to forget the very public meltdown he had where he accused EA of ruining his life and demanded they sit down with him and look through his computer?
I’m not surprised. Johan is their friend. While there is a lot of GC unhappy in the community they aren‘t going to distance themselves from their friend and fellow GC.

Reactions: 4
See this why I couldn’t be a streamer, I couldn’t let people do that. I know it’s their choice but you don’t know if it’s an adult, kid, someone with special needs who thinks you are best friends. I just couldn’t take money for playing a video game.

Priorities first, I guess?
Welcome to the world of predatory video game practices. There are people out there that spend 10's of thousands or 100's of thousands of dollars on microtransactions. This is why video game companies hire psychologists, to help them make the most addicting and money syphoning game they can. I've seen people talking about taking out pay day loans to buy Sims 4 packs and people using student loans to buy packs. They prey on people who have mental disorders or compulsive problems to line their pockets. It's disgusting and in all honesty, many streamers don't care. They don't care if kids steal their parent's credit cards or if someone gave them their last $5 because they are lonely and just wanted someone to talk to them, they got their money. From what I've seen in The Sims Community and in other communities, I'm sure most of these streamers/creators don't care about their audience. They jump at any chance to profit off of them and see their audience as cash cows to be milked for their gain. I would rather burn my money than give it to any of them.

• Sad
  • Angry
That is something I will praise Rishella for she constantly says not to pay for a subscription or whatever to watch her unless you choose to and she speaks to anyone regardless if they have subbed or not. Although it seems to me the more subscribers someone has the less they seem to care Kayla especially seems almost embarrassed or hesitant to even acknowledge that people are paying her although she will make a big deal of larger payments or longer sub length which sends a message that the more you pay the more I will reward you with some attention.

Reactions: 11
That is something I will praise Rishella for she constantly says not to pay for a subscription or whatever to watch her unless you choose to and she speaks to anyone regardless if they have subbed or not. Although it seems to me the more subscribers someone has the less they seem to care Kayla especially seems almost embarrassed or hesitant to even acknowledge that people are paying her although she will make a big deal of larger payments or longer sub length which sends a message that the more you pay the more I will reward you with some attention.
To be fair to Kayla, I don't think she could shout out all her low level subs if she wanted to. She gets so many that she would probably not be able to do anything on stream if she just called out subs.

Reactions: 4
Welcome to the world of predatory video game practices. There are people out there that spend 10's of thousands or 100's of thousands of dollars on microtransactions. This is why video game companies hire psychologists, to help them make the most addicting and money syphoning game they can. I've seen people talking about taking out pay day loans to buy Sims 4 packs and people using student loans to buy packs. They prey on people who have mental disorders or compulsive problems to line their pockets. It's disgusting and in all honesty, many streamers don't care. They don't care if kids steal their parent's credit cards or if someone gave them their last $5 because they are lonely and just wanted someone to talk to them, they got their money. From what I've seen in The Sims Community and in other communities, I'm sure most of these streamers/creators don't care about their audience. They jump at any chance to profit off of them and see their audience as cash cows to be milked for their gain. I would rather burn my money than give it to any of them.
As true as this is, I think if you're considering giving money to a YouTuber over spending it on bare necessities, that's on you. It's not the YouTuber's job to reason with every fool in the chat.

She's so unfunny I want to die

Deli is not like the other girls. Her toilet paper roll goes the other way. Best to share this quirky trait on all socials while toilet paper is trending!

The older I get the less tolerant I am for being overly dramatic about something so trivial.
I also hate the way she ignores everything that's wrong with the game/EA and when something that should have been in the game years ago comes out she goes
OH MY GOD UUUU GUYSSSS THIS IS COMING TO THE GAME IM SO EXCITED TANK U EA OMG *licks EA's ass even harder*
I hate those people :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
E17F3FB3-1DD6-47CA-A84D-8D305685BEF6.jpeg

Just dropping Deli’s cheeky Tweet and the butt-kissing comments.

Predictions for today:
Deli will upload a kit reaction. Might even make 2 separate videos to milk it.
She will mention that the toilet roll should go under because it otherwise unravels.

Reactions: 8
To be fair to Kayla, I don't think she could shout out all her low level subs if she wanted to. She gets so many that she would probably not be able to do anything on stream if she just called out subs.
I don't think I explained myself very well Kayla does read out the names of every person who subs but its done in a way that comes across to me like kayla is nervous or she wants to just get it out of the way due to embarrassment or something whereas if it's a larger amount or someone subbing for 12 months she will make a fuss. Rather than making it feel like every sub or viewer is important the message is spend more and I will like you.

Reactions: 5
As true as this is, I think if you're considering giving money to a YouTuber over spending it on bare necessities, that's on you. It's not the YouTuber's job to reason with every fool in the chat.
I wasn't saying that they should reason with people, I said they wouldn't care how or where the money came from, as long as they got it. I've seen streamers, when they hear that someone gave them their last $5 or $10, send it back and say that they don't need their last bit of money and to take care of themselves first. That's someone who has morals and principles, something that Deli and James lack. It would not surprise me if they got a donation message like that and just ignored it. "Thanks for the money, sucker."

Reactions: 7
Here we go. Someone's got the courage to watch it ? Cause I certainly don't. Just the face she makes is 💀
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17-10-53 Abonnements - YouTube.png

Okay I'm bored, I'm watching it

YOU GUYS I CAAAACKLED
She went for this "hairstyle"... I'm like "wow I'm so gonna post this on the forum", but then she doubles down by saying "I'm copying this hairstyle from the girls of The Real Housewives of whatever city" and she shows THIS PICTURE AND IM DYING
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17-57-48 Let's talk about the new Sims 4 kits!.png
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17-58-12 Let's talk about the new Sims 4 kits!.png

Yes Deli, great job 😂

People in the comments be like "oh my god deli you look like a starrr <3" 😂 (not really but you believed it, didn't you)

She's looking at the new undies and says "I just wanna make sure it looks good on all body types" (cause they're branding it as being inclusive for al bodies blabla). She turns the boobies to the minimum and gets this monstruosity of a bra and says "yeah it looks good" :l bruh
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 18-02-42 Let's talk about the new Sims 4 kits!.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
First 7 minutes were spent on the undies kit. She pretty much looked at herself while saying "oooooh I love theseee ouuuh" the entire time.

I don't mean to be a snowflake here but, regarding the false teeth discussion. She not only posted it online calling it nasty but now in her video she says : "this is really nasty, I'm sorry I know that false teeth are normal, if you have false teeth that's fine, I have a retainer (that's not the same ??) but they're just gross"........ Okay....... Hihihihi periods are normal, let's normalize them, oh and I tit myself once in a while cause I can't avoid milk hihi BUT FALSE TEETH ? EWWW GO AWAY SO GROSS NASTYY
:rolleyes:

I couldn't continue 👋

• Angry
Reactions: 16
The simmers are out here fighting for their lives as these kits are both bad in comparison to the other kits. The fact is that the Sims team released a clutter kit 2 MONTHS AGO and are now selling another one for specifically bathrooms. They could have just combined this all into one kit or aaking out some of the badly textured items in it but nope. $10 for non-functional items when the same amount can get you s tuff pack with more diverse and better content . This kit is also getting rightfully roasted on twitter for how low effort and scummy it is.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.