Sims YouTubers #4 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s be honest, I haven’t actually WATCHED the video, so I can’t tell you what ‘fluer’ lamp is. All I know is that ‘teaming with the thoimes’ is a reference to a popular Aussie show that was on in the early 2000’s called Kath & Kim (and there’s an anniversary show coming up so probably why the references are coming up). I love Kath & Kim so can’t fault it but I’m sure it makes no sense if you haven’t seen it!
I recommend anyone to watch it. 😂 Such a great show!

why is there a cracker
Its a rug, comes with other biscuit shaped swatches as well!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Plumbellas kit is OK. But the problem is I already have the exact two chairs (the basic one and the heart shaped one) as CC, and similar rugs as CC. Especially with the heart shaped chair, I was worried she was ripping off CC creators for profit. But that's impossible to know, because the ideas aren't that original to begin with (nor like, copywritable) but still

I do love the tiled table. Hate the bed and bookcase. I like the trash cans and the different swatches of the non cookie rug.
However I haven't bought a kit yet (and I own like every pack) and idk if I like this enough to justify supporting kits lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
YES! I am catching up on her NSB challenge and was just thinking this same thing. Also I know we have talked about her calling all her sim children "sweet baby angels" but I would argue that she says "I love that for her" way more.
I honestly can’t watch her videos anymore. I was gonna catch up on some of her streams but I hate that she eats her lunch in every stream. Like you can’t eat before or after you stream? She only streams for 2 hours.
But the sweet baby angel nonsense drives me mad.

It’s sad because I was watching her old content from Buzzfeed and she was so much more tolerable then. She could have attracted a much more mature audience but I guess it’s easier to sell your merch to kids. That’s why Clare’s audience is mostly 12 year olds too 😂

Reactions: 3
I love how it’s called a cookie rug when she’s British lmao
She can't even claim that Ea insisted she use American names as cottage living uses British names for things like aubergines. I was reading through the comments on Jessie's video amd so many people were saying things like I've never bought a kit cause I don't agree with them but I'll buy this one. So well played EA we look forward to seeing lots more collabs in the future. Drgluons fez collection. Delis flat arse exercise kit. Kaylas base game kit its just the same 5 items she uses in every build but with word lisimsie in front of it. Lilsimsies cheap ass sofa lilsimsies basic rug etc

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She can't even claim that Ea insisted she use American names as cottage living uses British names for things like aubergines. I was reading through the comments on Jessie's video amd so many people were saying things like I've never bought a kit cause I don't agree with them but I'll buy this one. So well played EA we look forward to seeing lots more collabs in the future. Drgluons fez collection. Delis flat arse exercise kit. Kaylas base game kit its just the same 5 items she uses in every build but with word lisimsie in front of it. Lilsimsies cheap ass sofa lilsimsies basic rug etc
If LilSimsie had a pack of would be a bed kit full of beds. I think she’s requested that quite a few times before

Reactions: 6
The irony is even if they had a LilSimsie kit, she would never use it in any future builds aside from the launch, because it's not base game.

I would love them to start collabing with custom content creators and Simmers. Even if it's just a few items per kit.

Reactions: 8
So I've spent the last few days reading through all these threads (dedication!). I originally found this thread because I find I really can't stand lilsimsie but now I think I detest deligracy more.

I don't follow any of the simstubers on other social media so I don't get the full extent of their special brand of eccentricity nor do I have the history with their inconsistencies and poor work ethic. But here are my thoughts

Lilsimsie - her videos are BORING. I did learn how to build roofs from one of her videos, but that's about all. She churns out videos every day and they're all the same. I've watched some of her streams/videos, and they rub me the wrong way; there's a certain harshness and meanness that comes across every once in a while. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be Dan. From watching some of her older videos and streams, I think a lot of it is rooted in low self-esteem and deep anxiety issues. Also, I know she had to get married to get Dan over on for a green card, but damn - that's young. Especially when she hasn't seen anything of life besides playing Sims 4. I know people who've married really young, but they've known each other since high school and have been very involved with each other, not been in a long-distance relationship for three years. But I will give her credit for her impeccable work ethic (though I think a lot of it stems from perfectionism and control issues). Also, Dan's editing issues - I just thought they were artistic choices to leave in the repeating sentences. Lol

Plumbella - I've watched some of her latest videos and the energy in them is ALL OVER THE PLACE. In some of them she's downright manic, in others, low energy. And you guys are right - she's made being a northern, Tory-hating, autistic girl her whole identity. I like some of her older videos on the history of the Sims, but now she's just cartoonish, I find it hard to take her seriously. HOWEVER, I don't fault her for doing a collab on a kit even though she hates kits. I don't think anyone would pass up a chance to do that. I don't buy kits, I'm not a build/buy or CAS kind of gamer, but it's decent, if you like that style.

(Also, I find it really strange that lilsimsie considers plumbella her "best friend in the entire world" - they seem so different and incompatible - lilsimsie's image is VANILLA AND BORING and plumbella is just plain CHAOS. I can't imagine them having anything in common.)

Deligrancy - I had no opinion of her coming in, but OMG - watching some of her videos and her instagrams - the woman is an airhead. I haven't seen anything this personality-less/vapid in a long time. She's either very lazy or clinically depressed. And all her period and poo references - jeez - what is wrong with this 30+ year old woman

James - Never really watched him or thought about him - I start to feel sorry for him for being with deli - but then remember, he's a grown-ass man and doesn't have to stay. There's something he likes about this woman, or maybe he can't bring himself to admit he's made a HUGE mistake (cuing Gob from Arrested Development)

Didn't know much about Clare Siobhan, but see that she's married to Ali-A who has 11.7 million subscribers and his channel seems to be going strong. Now there's a YT Gaming powerhouse couple.

SatchonSims - I feel like he's still finding his way. But at least he's realistic and knows Youtube isn't going to last forever for him, and has some vague plans of going into video editing later (though at least right now his editing is awful, so he has a long way to go). He also seems to have this notion that Sims has a "challenge mode" (the Scenarios) and a "sandbox mode" (playing the game with all the cheats) but no "normal" mode like other games. And I yell everytime "The don't turn on cheats when you're playing the game"). It's like he's trying to be creative and come up with new things to criticize EA for that haven't already been done. Because let's face it - we all have the exact same gripes about the game.

Devon Bumpkin - I watched a couple of videos after reading the recommendations - and someone on here hit the nail on the head. He IS the Bob Ross of the Sims on Youtube.

Reactions: 21
Yeah I too was shocked to see lilsimsie describe Plumbella as her best friend... I assumed they barely talk beyond ocassional tweets. Although if you are chronically online, that might be what best friendship is

They're just so different. Absolute chalk and cheese. Like do they video call and hang out? Are they real friends or just supportive career friends? But tbf I can't imagine what Simsie and Plumbellas real life friends must be like...
Just like I keep thinking, who would still be friends with deli? But I bet I know the type. Old friends from high school! Rich with tans, wear a lot of white! Go out for cocktails twice a year! All have serious, boring boyfriends! And they probably think deli is funny and fascinating. Cheugy and cringe af

Impressive how I come in to talk about Jesse and Simsie and still wind up ripping out deli lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah I too was shocked to see lilsimsie describe Plumbella as her best friend... I assumed they barely talk beyond ocassional tweets. Although if you are chronically online, that might be what best friendship is

They're just so different. Absolute chalk and cheese. Like do they video call and hang out? Are they real friends or just supportive career friends? But tbf I can't imagine what Simsie and Plumbellas real life friends must be like...
Just like I keep thinking, who would still be friends with deli? But I bet I know the type. Old friends from high school! Rich with tans, wear a lot of white! Go out for cocktails twice a year! All have serious, boring boyfriends! And they probably think deli is funny and fascinating. Cheugy and cringe af

Impressive how I come in to talk about Jesse and Simsie and still wind up ripping out deli lol
I'm surprised to hear this too. Apart from Sims and YouTube what do they have in common?

IIRC from her autism video, Jesse only has two IRL friends and she struggles to maintain those friendships. So I guess the online friendships stand to reason. I just wouldn't have pegged Kayla as *best* friend 🤷‍♀️

I think Jesse is very close to Mollie the English Simmer and Steph which makes sense as they are all English and could meet up and things. I would be surprised if Jesse and Kayla were very close but perhaps they are. I watched XUrbanSimsX review the kits and she gushed about Jesse and said she was one of her favourite people and then said something along the lines of the aesthetics matched Jesse “ as didn’t she have pink/purple hair at one point, she wasn’t sure“ And I just thought if she’s one of your favourite people wouldn’t you remember that?

But I guess that’s the thing when it’s someone else in the community making the kit it’s very hard to criticise that.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I think it’s more likely that none of them have friends irl, so they all cling to each other. Plus they do the same job so they probably spend a lot of time in group chats with each other

I used to watch Lilsimsie and will watch a video here and there but I mostly stopped because she talks so much and so fast I get a headache. She knows she does it too since she has been hearing it for years and still keeps doing it. But aside from that, personality wise she was frequently overly harsh and rude to people and I didn't like it when she'd lecture her viewers on how to behave when they had not even done anything and she should have been lecturing herself.

I haven't watched a lot of SatchonSims but the few I have watched were quite funny. He would crack me up when he'd say, "allegedly in my opinion".

I haven't watched a lot of SatchonSims but the few I have watched were quite funny. He would crack me up when he'd say, "allegedly in my opinion".
When I first got recommendations for satch, I was like wow this is a breath of fresh air! Now I find his videos super repetitive and annoying. Everytime he “plays” the sims.. it’s only to point out what he hates about it. Also, his short cas videos are super cringey and always have the same ending. I mean he has a nice personality, but still lol 🙄
FEC0626E-13D4-4D93-BF48-22E2C541B0B2.png

I’m sure (in the back of my brain I’m remembering this) Kayla has stayed at Jesse’s house? I seem to remember Jesse’s parents mentioning it. And Jesse has been to Kayla’s before as I definitely remember her talking about flying to America to meet her.
They may be the type of friends who don’t see each other much but when they do, they’re inseparable.
That said, they seem completely mismatched. The only similarity is the anxiety fuelled garbled speech.

It makes sense to me why they are friends they both have dramatic permanent teenage anxious personalities. Both seem to rely heavily on making sims player with no apparent ability to manage in the real world their image even though they are both grown adults who successfully manage a brand and make a lot of money. They both seem to struggle with real life friendships and likely bond over group chats online.

Reactions: 4
Hi, new to this site.

Anyone else distracted by how often Kelsey rubs her nose or adjusts her hair?
Welcome!

and omg YES. once I noticed how often she touches her hair, I couldn’t unsee it. It’s so distracting. It’s as frequent as Deli looking at herself in the camera, possibly more.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.