Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kissfm

Sims YouTubers #5: James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Brioche

Oooo interesting to see James has been lurking! The speech impediment ones are rude (good thing we're not rude over here :ROFLMAO: ) but the rest of them I can agree with.
Yeah I feel like I only want to critique things a person can change if they chose to. Whether or not I like someone's voice is just my own issue. But someone putting a pile of veg on top of some crisps and calling it nachos is frankly everyone's problem 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

custosmorum

Chatty Member
Sims Youtubers #5: Memberships at a high price, Kayla repeating sentences twice, dry spell filming-wise, Deli would rather exercise

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Harhei

Sims YouTubers #5 Just dropping into stream again to ask if you need deodorant

• Haha
Reactions: 23

berry

VIP Member
Sims YouTubers #5: Bumpkins, burger boys, basic blue suburbans and barely-doing-anything-ligracy

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Brioche

Hey, found these threads the other day and I've spent days reading them all 😂.

I also found the threads by googling 'deligracy annoying'.

Couple of things, I can't stand her traipsing into James' streams all the time. She needs to find something to do with her time while he's working. Maybe working herself might be a fun idea for her.

Also, I'm from the UK and make a traditional trifle and that thing she made was not a trifle. I thought surely she must have made it totally wrong but I looked up the recipe she followed and that's how it's meant to look. Never been so offended by a trifle 😂.

It's nice to find a bunch of people who aren't the ones in everyone's comments telling them how amazing they are. There's only so many comments sections you can read without anything remotely critical or constructive until you feel like it must be you there's something wrong with!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
So I've spent the last few days reading through all these threads (dedication!). I originally found this thread because I find I really can't stand lilsimsie but now I think I detest deligracy more.

I don't follow any of the simstubers on other social media so I don't get the full extent of their special brand of eccentricity nor do I have the history with their inconsistencies and poor work ethic. But here are my thoughts

Lilsimsie - her videos are BORING. I did learn how to build roofs from one of her videos, but that's about all. She churns out videos every day and they're all the same. I've watched some of her streams/videos, and they rub me the wrong way; there's a certain harshness and meanness that comes across every once in a while. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be Dan. From watching some of her older videos and streams, I think a lot of it is rooted in low self-esteem and deep anxiety issues. Also, I know she had to get married to get Dan over on for a green card, but damn - that's young. Especially when she hasn't seen anything of life besides playing Sims 4. I know people who've married really young, but they've known each other since high school and have been very involved with each other, not been in a long-distance relationship for three years. But I will give her credit for her impeccable work ethic (though I think a lot of it stems from perfectionism and control issues). Also, Dan's editing issues - I just thought they were artistic choices to leave in the repeating sentences. Lol

Plumbella - I've watched some of her latest videos and the energy in them is ALL OVER THE PLACE. In some of them she's downright manic, in others, low energy. And you guys are right - she's made being a northern, Tory-hating, autistic girl her whole identity. I like some of her older videos on the history of the Sims, but now she's just cartoonish, I find it hard to take her seriously. HOWEVER, I don't fault her for doing a collab on a kit even though she hates kits. I don't think anyone would pass up a chance to do that. I don't buy kits, I'm not a build/buy or CAS kind of gamer, but it's decent, if you like that style.

(Also, I find it really strange that lilsimsie considers plumbella her "best friend in the entire world" - they seem so different and incompatible - lilsimsie's image is VANILLA AND BORING and plumbella is just plain CHAOS. I can't imagine them having anything in common.)

Deligrancy - I had no opinion of her coming in, but OMG - watching some of her videos and her instagrams - the woman is an airhead. I haven't seen anything this personality-less/vapid in a long time. She's either very lazy or clinically depressed. And all her period and poo references - jeez - what is wrong with this 30+ year old woman

James - Never really watched him or thought about him - I start to feel sorry for him for being with deli - but then remember, he's a grown-ass man and doesn't have to stay. There's something he likes about this woman, or maybe he can't bring himself to admit he's made a HUGE mistake (cuing Gob from Arrested Development)

Didn't know much about Clare Siobhan, but see that she's married to Ali-A who has 11.7 million subscribers and his channel seems to be going strong. Now there's a YT Gaming powerhouse couple.

SatchonSims - I feel like he's still finding his way. But at least he's realistic and knows Youtube isn't going to last forever for him, and has some vague plans of going into video editing later (though at least right now his editing is awful, so he has a long way to go). He also seems to have this notion that Sims has a "challenge mode" (the Scenarios) and a "sandbox mode" (playing the game with all the cheats) but no "normal" mode like other games. And I yell everytime "The don't turn on cheats when you're playing the game"). It's like he's trying to be creative and come up with new things to criticize EA for that haven't already been done. Because let's face it - we all have the exact same gripes about the game.

Devon Bumpkin - I watched a couple of videos after reading the recommendations - and someone on here hit the nail on the head. He IS the Bob Ross of the Sims on Youtube.

Reactions: 21

kellyK11

I found this thread after googling "deligracy is dumb" and I've been reading the whole thing for a couple of weeks. Thank you guys so much for the consistency here, it's been very entertaining 😂

About the deli membership thing, I just wanted to share that the highest tier is about 100 bucks in my currency here in South America, and our minimum wage is 1200. Who would ever pay for this? Even her free content I feel is a waste of my time.
And I don't know why the video about the subscription is set as "not listed"? It has 12 views in a day, no comments, no likes... Who's going to buy this?? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Raychieee

Chatty Member
I love how it’s called a cookie rug when she’s British lmao
She can't even claim that Ea insisted she use American names as cottage living uses British names for things like aubergines. I was reading through the comments on Jessie's video amd so many people were saying things like I've never bought a kit cause I don't agree with them but I'll buy this one. So well played EA we look forward to seeing lots more collabs in the future. Drgluons fez collection. Delis flat arse exercise kit. Kaylas base game kit its just the same 5 items she uses in every build but with word lisimsie in front of it. Lilsimsies cheap ass sofa lilsimsies basic rug etc

• Haha
Reactions: 20

custosmorum

Chatty Member
Wonder if James will keep barging in on Deli's stream to bring her food she didn't ask for and show off random shit in the house.
I would love to see James joining the stream with a jar of marinated olives, wearing only a towel that may or may not be too revealing and then have him sit in the background awkwardly, randomly asking Deli if she needs a deodorant.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

kissfm

Wait a second, James is charging up to 30 bucks a month and for that you get…what? A half assed thank you? if he even bothers saying thank you.

You have to think a lot of yourself to charge people that to essentially sit and watch you play a video game. The world is coming out a epidemic, times are tough, people are cutting back and this bell end thinks he can charge people to be condescended to whilst he shouts “Let’s gooooo” every two minutes? I just think its incredibly cheeky.
It is cheeky but you yourself have to be a twat to donate money to a streamer who's obviously very well off and can't be arsed to say more than "Wow a hundred thanks so much man". Who are these donators?? If you have 400 dollars to spend on a youtuber SURELY there are a thousand better things you could do with that money instead? Is this money laundering😭

kayla's new video..

"aside from the kit - now those kits are coming out only - now - now those kits are coming out on thursday so - now those kits are coming out on thursday"

seriously? is it that hard for dan to just edit one sentence correctly?

• Haha

drublood

The other day, Devon Bumpkin made a choice about a build and he said something like “I like it, I really do. And if you don’t like it, you can piss off.” And then he gave a little giggle. It wasn’t said rudely at all and I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH I NEEDED TO HEAR A YTER SAY THAT! It is so refreshing to watch someone who has intention and doesn’t spend the entire video panicking about whether it looks ok or constantly seeking validation from the audience.

Reactions: 18

Doggone Goob

Oh my God Deli coming into that stream. It IS awkward. And she just comes in with like, nothing fun to say, and can barely string sentences together. Pulling the green screen up and down, doing goofy dances, immediately being like imma twerk (oh my GOD I nearly lost it at that. No one needs to see your flat white ass twerking girl!!!!).
James might be his own kind of ass but at least he's not cringey as hell. That was like a level of second hand cringe worse than Scott's tots.

• Haha

berry

VIP Member
How does she not realise that if you stop uploading / people don't know when to expect content from you -- they lose interest and start watching other things?

Someone needs to explain it to her in a way she understands:

Deli,

If The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills was on every week for a month, but then started randomly skipping weeks by saying "sorry, no episode tonight" the day you're expecting one, or they tease some really juicy drama for weeks but never air the episode. You'd stop watching, right? You'd think, fuck this shit -- I'll go and watch Barbie, who is a reliable queen.

And that's why your viewership has moved on.

Hope this helps.

• Haha
  • Heart

Robot2350

Chatty Member
Not sims related but wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope you all had lovely time with family and friends 🥰❤

• Heart