Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone buy the new game?
I bought it. The only bug I've had so far is the random fame thing and my Sims needs go down really quickly I can start with full bars at 8am and my teen has a red energy bar by lunch to the point I have to nap to survive the day. I am playing rags to riches so my teen is living in the thrifty shop surviving by stealing chicken sliders that other customers leave. She sometimes sleeps at school but there's no food there. Sims child protective services should really be involved in all honesty haha. She joined cheerleaders but never goes because she always has detention for missing class due to sleeping. I quite like the side hustle thing She streams games from the library although we are not making much money which I like because it's realistic to struggle when you only have 12 followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I bought it. The only bug I've had so far is the random fame thing and my Sims needs go down really quickly I can start with full bars at 8am and my teen has a red energy bar by lunch to the point I have to nap to survive the day. I am playing rags to riches so my teen is living in the thrifty shop surviving by stealing chicken sliders that other customers leave. She sometimes sleeps at school but there's no food there. Sims child protective services should really be involved in all honesty haha. She joined cheerleaders but never goes because she always has detention for missing class due to sleeping. I quite like the side hustle thing She streams games from the library although we are not making much money which I like because it's realistic to struggle when you only have 12 followers.
Omg I love this idea, may have to try it myself in the game!

Reactions: 1
I bought it, not had much time to play but seems to be working okay. I’ll need to check the needs thing when I next go on.

I got the game, no bugs but tbh the game play is insanely lacking. Go to school, sit in class, fast forward through class, eat, study, gym, home. Made a terrible outfit on thrifti and sold it for 10k. I skipped right thru Buildbuy and cas to get to game play and feel like I just bought a school building and that's it

Reactions: 4
Gameplay is definitely lacking but Sims 4 is always lacking in replayability. It's why we all have to invent challenges to make it more difficult or more entertaining. After I've played my current rags to riches I'll probably only go to school with my teen when I have a household where all adults are in a rabbit hole job. I'm enjoying it right now but high school isn't life changing for my Sims or me.

Reactions: 2
Gameplay is definitely lacking but Sims 4 is always lacking in replayability. It's why we all have to invent challenges to make it more difficult or more entertaining. After I've played my current rags to riches I'll probably only go to school with my teen when I have a household where all adults are in a rabbit hole job. I'm enjoying it right now but high school isn't life changing for my Sims or me.
I agree, I’m doing a legacy just now which helps with making me want to play. I did like that my sim told me he had a crush on one of the other teens (and it wasn’t his sister😂) so he flirted with her and she ended up asking him to prom.

I do really like that other Sims are asking my Sim to prom and be bffs. Relationships always felt one sided before. Although when malcolm landgraab was mean to my Sim I did have a moment where I thought watch it or I'll marry Nancy when I grow up and become your stepmum.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I haven't had issues with the new pack except I have no proms 🤷‍♀️.... I know the stupid talent showcase event deletes them (which seems to be the first Saturday of EVERY ONE OF MY SCHOOL WEEKS 🙄) but I'm not even seeing them on the following week's so.... Idk if they'll show up or not. Haven't played long enough to get to a week that ISN'T a talent showcase to find out.

Only other things I've seen are the new selfie poses are glitchy for kids and the one men's best top has crappy coloring that bleeds over onto the Sims skin.

Very lacking in QA, this pack.

I was watching Kelsey’s NSB (not today’s but last weeks) and she was saying she didn’t get proper feedback because she’s like 2 weeks ahead filming videos because it’s easier to keep up with her schedule and all I can think is: girl you upload TWO videos a week. What schedule??? There are tons of YouTubers who upload videos DAILY and they manage just fine.
Kelsey was my gateway into the sims community with the 100 baby challenge but I haven’t really watched her since episode 30. I tried watching her YouTube stuff and it just doesn’t land with me… and it’s not consistent enough for me to notice it. Buzzfeed was different as that (for me) kicked off the whole community. But IMO she would need to post three times a week to be relevant at least

Reactions: 3
I tried watching her YouTube stuff and it just doesn’t land with me… and it’s not consistent enough for me to notice it.
Speaking of relevant, on Kelsey's community tab she promoted a video she made for some random company, about being a content creator and her tips about starting a brand and it got 5k views. :ROFLMAO: Honey, stick to the Sims. No one wants to know how Buzzfeed catapulted your career and how you are squandering it.

I was watching Kelsey’s NSB (not today’s but last weeks) and she was saying she didn’t get proper feedback because she’s like 2 weeks ahead filming videos because it’s easier to keep up with her schedule.
I've seen this with other channels, they get so far ahead on filming that any suggestions that the audience makes can't be implemented, leading to the audience feeling overlooked and viewer drop off. I used to watch a gaming Youtuber who recorded 70 episodes of Stardew Valley in 3 days [when it was brand new]. Let's just say this channel lost about 95% of the viewership because their helpful hints, corrections and input was ignored. It works well for our gorl Amberlynn Reid, it's going to work out well for Kelsey. (y)

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the new way policy regarding cc paywalls. Apparently they changed the rules bc certain cc creators would lock content behind a permanent paywall and blatantly break the rules. Those creators also apparently added trackers to their files to see if anyone shared it and they can go duck themselves. Of course this was a small minority of them doing that. I do feel bad for the creators that followed the rules but I don’t really feel like it’s right to monetize content for something you don’t even own in the first place. Especially bc a lot of cc creators use safari meshed and make a slight adjustment and then charge for early access. I just hope the modding community doesn’t die but there are still ways to get around it. Personally I don’t think anyone using someone else’s code and assets should be making enough money to live off of but maybe that’s just me.
E21A873E-C1EA-46D9-9F88-9F963C6EBB0D.png

Personally I don’t think anyone using someone else’s code and assets should be making enough money to live off of but maybe that’s just me.
It's not just you. Making slight edits to an EA Mesh or another creator's mesh, does not constitute a 5 and 6 figure salary. I feel bad for the creators who create mods and use early access as a way to test them before release. I do hope modders don't quit because the game is literally held together with mods. I bet we'll see more adfly and redirects to other ad platforms on downloads because they have to get their coin somehow. I hope the money the creators made not following the rules, keeps them warm at night, because they literally screwed the entire community and people have long memories. And we know they hold grudges.

On another note, I wonder how The Sims Resource is going to recover from this. I imagine a huge chunk of their money comes from people buying VIP for early access content and their name is already mud in most circles. Best of luck to them!

Was Kelsey working for Buzzfeed in a different capacity before the hundred baby challenge?

I’m quite surprised Plumbella is a smoker given she seems to have quite severe health anxiety at times
If she comes from a family of smokers, I'm not. Feels quite normal in the north for whole families to smoke

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.