Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she comes from a family of smokers, I'm not. Feels quite normal in the north for whole families to smoke
Yeah from the north myself it’s definitely the norm for generational smokers but just the way she goes on in her videos about health on the odd occasion it did make my eyebrows raise. Looks like an old photo anyway so she may have packed it in by now.

Reactions: 3
As far as I recall kelsey was a content creator/producer for buzzfeed mostly doing gaming videos.

Reactions: 1
It's not just you. Making slight edits to an EA Mesh or another creator's mesh, does not constitute a 5 and 6 figure salary. I feel bad for the creators who create mods and use early access as a way to test them before release. I do hope modders don't quit because the game is literally held together with mods. I bet we'll see more adfly and redirects to other ad platforms on downloads because they have to get their coin somehow. I hope the money the creators made not following the rules, keeps them warm at night, because they literally screwed the entire community and people have long memories. And we know they hold grudges.

On another note, I wonder how The Sims Resource is going to recover from this. I imagine a huge chunk of their money comes from people buying VIP for early access content and their name is already mud in most circles. Best of luck to them!
TSR isn't going to change much. The VIP was primarily to avoid the ads, the download delays, and be able to bulk download items. They added the early access content AFTER the fact. They'll just have to take that part put, but they can still charge to remove the ads and the download delays bc that is not stopping the content from being free 🤷‍♀️

Once again, Vixella is actually streaming, and has yet to stream the sims since the pack came out/getting early access. I don’t know if she even qualifies as a simmer anymore.

I just found out Plumbella is 27 I thought she was like 20 or 21 for some reason

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I find it crazy that Deli hasn't posted anything in 6-7 days but posted on Instagram about her Monday workout routine and then a picture of her sitting on the sofa yesterday. I guess being self concious like a crazy person about her "panda eyes" was too draining to film content... (it did take a lot of instagram content that day) 🤭 But more seriously, she isn't sick or busy or away, I guess she's not hiding her laziness anymore. Sounds nice not having a boss and not having to make money to live 😌 The other day my husband said that all of this youtube stuff was just a hobby to her, and it's true, it feels like it... Maybe now that she's with James she wants to be a Stay at home wife, and prepare him some nice vegan no gluten no pleasure meals. But the chores have to be shared, she needs time to take care of her mental health okay !!

I'm kidding about the food, she's not even vegetarian, and some of her salads do look tasty, I love salads :D By the way, I think the reason why she won't really share recipes (when people have been asking for them) is that most if not all of the recipes she's been doing are from her trainer and her books, so she can't really share them...

Last edited:
I know I’m talking a lot about Kayla (lilsimsie) but I just have so much to say about her.

I’ve just watched her restaurant build where she uses the new pack and Dine Out. I really appreciate that she didn’t only use basegame this time, but I still think it’s boring. The colours are boring, the art is ugly and it doesn’t feel like a restaurant at all to me.

Reactions: 7
As far as I recall kelsey was a content creator/producer for buzzfeed mostly doing gaming videos.
Yeah that’s it - the 100 baby challenge just started as a video on buzzfeed multiplayer but it did really well - looking at it the first video got 22m views, the second 11m, and she didn’t start going under one million views until episode like 45. Looks like it ended around the 330k mark, which is still very impressive. It must be the most successful sims series on YouTube to her credit.
Problem is it didn’t translate to her own channel. Looking at that she has one Sims video at 1m (gold digger), one just under (NSB episode 1).
Clare Siobhan’s NSB looks much more popular than Kelsey’s. First video 1.4million and even her final episodes have got 150k views. That’s a 10% retention - really impressive.

Reactions: 2
I find it crazy that Deli hasn't posted anything in 6-7 days but posted on Instagram about her Monday workout routine and then a picture of her sitting on the sofa yesterday. I guess being self concious like a crazy person about her "panda eyes" was too draining to film content... (it did take a lot of instagram content that day) 🤭 But more seriously, she isn't sick or busy or away, I guess she's not hiding her laziness anymore. Sounds nice not having a boss and not having to make money to live 😌 The other day my husband said that all of this youtube stuff was just a hobby to her, and it's true, it feels like it... Maybe now that she's with James she wants to be a Stay at home wife, and prepare him some nice vegan no gluten no pleasure meals. But the chores have to be shared, she needs time to take care of her mental health okay !!

I'm kidding about the food, she's not even vegetarian, and some of her salads do look tasty, I love salads :D By the way, I think the reason why she won't really share recipes (when people have been asking for them) is that most if not all of the recipes she's been doing are from her trainer and her books, so she can't really share them...
I'd hate to work at home. No motivation to do any work so maybe Deli doesn't feel motivated to record videos? 🤷🏻 But also its Deli and she seems to have sort of excuse for not doing anything 😂

I also love a salad and I will admit too that Deli does make some yummy looking salads!

The other day my husband said that all of this youtube stuff was just a hobby to her, and it's true, it feels like it...
No motivation to do any work so maybe Deli doesn't feel motivated to record videos?
She replied to someone's tweet the other day. It seems she views herself as someone who used to be extremely hard-working and now she knows better and focuses on health more.

I don’t remember Deli uploading daily and I've been watching her for years. I remember she had videos Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for a while, which was the closest to having a schedule for her.

Regarding doing both Youtube and streaming, honestly, I don’t see the issue with streaming, for example, only once a week, if you’re primarily focused on Youtube.
Deli seems to think it's all about quantity and that the amount of videos determines whether you're hard-working. But to me, it isn't about the frequency of her uploads, but the quality of her videos. Nowadays, she never does something that requires more time and that's genuinely worth watching. I could deal with her unorganized uploading schedule if what you get wasn't a dumb "How to build" guide or some sort of a challenge LP where the "challenge" part is ignored from an "experienced player" who still can't pronounce Selvadorada or doesn't know whether she's in Windenburg's modern neighborhood or San Myshuno when someone invites her out.

Everyone should do what works best for them, but then do it consistently, professionally and create something worth watching.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
She replied to someone's tweet the other day. It seems she views herself as someone who used to be extremely hard-working and now she knows better and focuses on health more.

I don’t remember Deli uploading daily and I've been watching her for years. I remember she had videos Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for a while, which was the closest to having a schedule for her.
To her, she was probably hard-working, yes...

Looking at her older videos, she started off living in a shared apartment, then had her own flat but it was a little studio. She was a youtuber/streamer full time when she was living in the studio appartment (I feel like she basically did her two year diploma and then pretty much went youtuber full time right away). Then, she moved to a bigger flat and then once again a bigger one. Now she owns a big house.

Let's get to the point : she probably made a lot of money with her youtube channel in the first few years after getting an audience. I see that 7 years ago she had 100k subscribers and her Barbie LP was getting her 250k-300k views each video, not counting her other views and streams etc. Let's not forget that it was a while ago too, I believe youtube was paying more then, and there were less youtubers to watch. She was probably getting money from her parents while in the studio appartment (her family definitely has money, so they would have the means to support her) or had a side job at the beginning (though I've never seen her mentioning any kind of job lol).

Now, she has her own house... She most likely feels like she doesn't need to work as hard anymore because she has the money. She also most likely feels like even if she earns less money, she has James' income for the household...

So, in the end, it sounds like she was working more at first to build up her channel and get a better situation, and now that she has the situation she wanted, she doesn't want to work anymore... which, I mean, makes sense, I guess ??? I don't know 💀

So, in the end, it sounds like she was working more at first to build up her channel and get a better situation, and now that she has the situation she wanted, she doesn't want to work anymore
True, but that's pretty much everybody's Youtube trajectory. The way things are now, I'd say James and Deli probably make decent money, but nothing extravagant. Deli just draws too much attention to money because this is the first time she has to spend a bigger amount on something that everyone wants but don't like paying for - house remodel.

Deli simply strikes me as both immature and a bit of a snob when it comes to buying only stuff that's on the more expensive side. She wants to be able to afford what she sees in her higher-end magazines, but would also love it if it wasn't her that had to save up for it.
Sometimes it's like watching a child. She reads about real wood high-end coffee tables, and then posts a story of how expensive coffee tables are. It's like she is surprised that she has to save up money to renovate.

Ever since she started thinking about buying a house with James, watching her building videos in The Sims often feels like watching her making irl decisions "if she had unlimited money". When she says she would love to have something like that irl but that it's "too expensive", it often feels like you're supposed to feel sorry that Deli doesn't, in fact, have unlimited money.

On the other hand, I recently watched Claire making her nursery in The Sims. She talks about what she wants to do with the room, tries to find objects that match her vision, no mention of what is expensive, what isn't expensive etc. It's just a fun decorating video. Same with Kayla and her house. How much they spend is their problem and you certainly don't get the feeling like you're dragged into their finances and are supposed to feel sorry for them because of whatever it is that they can't afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Deli simply strikes me as both immature and a bit of a snob when it comes to buying only stuff that's on the more expensive side. She wants to be able to afford what she sees in her higher-end magazines, but would also love it if it wasn't her that had to save up for it.
You said it perfectly, you always do 😊 Love your input everytime

She doesn't want to put in the work anymore because she has "worked hard" in the past to get where she is now, but at the same time she still wants to live that lavish lifestyle and THAT is what's annoying.

---

She just posted a video called "Can I build a *perfect* family home in The Sims 4?", she says that she wants to do an LP playing multiple households with storylines and that she's been working on it the past few days.

She built like a second kitchen area and she says "maybe if they have kitchen staff they can use this area... I have no idea because I'll never have that". So awkward. And are all the households going to be rich people ? Can we have normal sims ?? I guess it's what you said, she wants to build high end mansions and dream about it later 🤭

Hahahaha I'm dying, she just said "I don't usually do but I've been working really hard on that new LP"

(I'm not watching the full video because it's boring but I'm getting glimpses here and there)

"I feel like the parents' room is gonna be quite boring/bland..... I'm not saying all lawyers and all doctor or surgeons are boring people but..." Is this what this LP is gonna be ? "Sim1 is like this BUT IT DOESNT MEAN REAL PEOPLE HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS", like just stop doing this man :rolleyes:

Is it normal to use "they" when you're talking about one person (when you know who the person is) ? She started saying "she" for Savannah but at the end when showing her room she kept using "they" ("they love fashion", "their bathroom"). Or is this another non binary/trans fail where she's gonna misgender sims all along ?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Is it normal to use "they" when you're talking about one person (when you know who the person is) ? She started saying "she" for Savannah but at the end when showing her room she kept using "they" ("they love fashion", "their bathroom"). Or is this another non binary/trans fail where she's gonna misgender sims all along ?
I dunno if it is all over the world, but it's certainly a dialect option that pops up here and there. Certainly in bits of Scotlands West Coast it would not be unusual to say something like "I put those shoes in their bedroom this morning" when talking about a singular person who is not there at that moment, even when both speaker and listener know the gender of the person. Just a funny quirk of local speech that persists.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.