Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deligracy has always pissed me off. I don’t know if it’s the ignorance she displays, how far up EA’s backside she is or just how irritating she is as a person. She has no clue about a game she plays for a living.

I think I went off Plumbella during the lockdown. Or whenever it was she was posting pictures of herself lying on the floor crying. That was the start. Then her editing style started being a bit more chaotic, there was lots of accents she was injecting in and autism became her main personality trait. And I’m someone who’s awaiting an autism diagnosis. It’s not something I run around shouting from the rooftops. It’s not something to be ashamed of but I don’t need to remind everyone every five minutes and plumbella does.
Yeah I went off Plumbella too I used to really like her and enjoy her videos but she tries to hard to be trendy now and the way she talks makes me think she’s constantly on TikTok or something lol, and she mentions that she’s autistic in almost every video which like yeah be proud of it but don’t make it your only personality trait. But I do still appreciate her honesty with reviewing sims packs and stuff.

Reactions: 10
I responded to her a few months back when she created her vlog channel and was asking for video ideas. I asked for cooking and gardening videos. I wasn't expecting gardening bits of her saying she has no idea what she's doing and doing the dumbest tit while spending 600$ on a gardening pots.

I don't know if this a boring question but do you guys remember when Deligracy or any sims youtuber started to get under your nerves ? I'm guessing that for most of us started watching them and enjoying them, right ? What changed for you guys ?

Personally, for Deligracy, I had never really watched a lot of her videos except for sims news once in a while. Then one day last year I was bored and started watching her videos and thought she seemed nice and natural (I actually thought the fact that she'd talk about periods or poop issues was a nice change of all the fakeness of usual youtubers), and later on I could relate to her because she had gained weight because of the pandemic and so did I. I also live a similar "lifestyle" to hers (I don't go out much). James and her both seemed relatable and simple people. I wasn't a fan of her sims videos because I'm not really a youtube watcher for LPs etc, but I did enjoy her vlogs, even though I knew they were pretty boring content wise, it was like a "friend" you could watch. 🤭
This was around February 2021 and later, they were still living in their old flat. Then they got their house and it was still simple and fun at the beginning.
I remember I think one of the first times I thought she was dumb is when she was looking up a chair to buy for decoration for her background and she looked up 600$ chairs... Then I started noticing more dumb decisions and spendings lol (like that time where she bought for 400$ of swimwear and nothing fit and she hadn't looked up the brand's policy before ordering, and she couldn't get a refund ; also she was saying she ordered from them because they were inclusive with their models and sizes, but then when I checked them they had the usual superrrr thin models and had sizes up to L ??). Or that time where she spent an enormous amount of money on white/basic kitchen stuff and then realized later on that spending 50$ each on both white salt and pepper shakers was a bad idea because you can't tell which shaker is what....
I think this is the time I realized she wasn't relatable at all anymore. I know that people can spend their money however they want but I thought she was really not smart with her money and not making great decisions... I also realized that she was so super privileged but kept complaining all the time.
I also used to watch her lives but I didn't like them much because they were soooo slow (but I'm not a twitch fan either lol). She'd play like an hour of gameplay for a 3 hour stream. She also made one cooking vlog and said more would come but they never did... Then she went on a 8 month hiatus lol...
I still liked the vlogs though because it was very interesting for me to see her new healthier lifestyle, it was a bit motivational, seeing her stock her fridge with healthy veggies etc. I thought even though it was expensive it was a good idea to do that fitness program because it seemed to be really working for her, and I'm all for people bettering themselves (I don't know if bettering is a word).
I think by the time she had her new vlog channel I was way too annoyed lol, and that's when I found you guys. 🤭 Now all I can see is her ugly personality and work ethics and laziness.

Oof, I hope at least one person reads this message 😂💀
I actually unsubcribed from Deli a few days back because I realised I don't watch her sims vids anymore. I liked her when I first saw james and I loved their friendship, so I subscribed.

I am still subscribed to her vlog channel even though I get annoyed watching but I do love a boring vlog 😂

Reactions: 1
I actually unsubcribed from Deli a few days back because I realised I don't watch her sims vids anymore. I liked her when I first saw james and I loved their friendship, so I subscribed.

I am still subscribed to her vlog channel even though I get annoyed watching but I do love a boring vlog 😂
Oh does she put all the crap on another channel now? I unsubscribed ages ago

Oh does she put all the crap on another channel now? I unsubscribed ages ago
Shes got a lifestyle channel now. Honestly its very boring. All she talks about is how expensive it is to renovate, some gardening crap, eating healthy and some fitness program she does 🤷🏻😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20220726-132016_Samsung Internet.jpg

This might be out of pocket coming from a privileged right hander, but Jesse has such a victim complex. The struggle never ends for her. The PP who said she lurches from crisis to crisis was a light bulb moment for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
True, feel all her fans would be annoyed if she vlogged on her sims account 😂 if you wanna check out her vlog channel, its called Deli 😂
Hahaha I’ll pass thanks. I am sure it was on her sims channel ages ago, 2020 probably, that I saw the weird looking cupcakes and at least one period chat 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't know if this a boring question but do you guys remember when Deligracy or any sims youtuber started to get under your nerves ? I'm guessing that for most of us started watching them and enjoying them, right ? What changed for you guys ?
With Deligracy, it started out as a few crappy comments, like saying "girls are bitchy" and lecturing that "breast is best" when feeding an infant despite not knowing anything about it. At the time, my best friend was getting formula-shamed like crazy because her son wouldn't latch, so that comment made me feel extra annoyed.

Then I realized that a lot of her LPs were just Sims versions of someone else's idea: Sims Barbie, Sims Gossip Girl, Sims Scream Queens, etc. The Barbie one I get but her ripping off storylines from Gossip Girl episodes was lazy and borderline plagiarism. She was getting praised for being soooo creative, but she was just copying from other people. She was also trying to be more "diverse" in her storytelling, but she never did it in a way that felt genuine or authentic, and it was often pretty offensive. She had an overweight Sim in one of her LPs for basically the first time ever, and the way she kept "you go, girl"-ing her and expecting a pat on the back for it felt gross. I gave up on her after that, and after realizing that to Deli, diversity meant having gay Sims.

For Plumbella, I unsubscribed about a month after I subscribed lol, just found her editing and the "Sims 4 could NEVER" in every single video got old immediately.

And for Kelsey, it was when she left Buzzfeed and came to YT full time. Her constant screaming and yelling and gasping over literally nothing is incredibly irritating, and her sense of humour is cringe to me. And as petty as this is, it drives me crazy how often she fusses with her hair in every video. One of those once you see it, you'll never unsee it types of things.

Everyone else I still enjoy their content or never watched it in the first place.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I went off Plumbella too I used to really like her and enjoy her videos but she tries to hard to be trendy now and the way she talks makes me think she’s constantly on TikTok or something lol, and she mentions that she’s autistic in almost every video which like yeah be proud of it but don’t make it your only personality trait. But I do still appreciate her honesty with reviewing sims packs and stuff.
It was her chaotic editing that's made me stop watching, same with Steph0Sims, it literally gives me a headache

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In James most recent vid, he mentioned it was the last prerecorded let's play before the pack comes out. (there may be more other videos, idk)
But with the EP coming out in a couple of days, let's look at the numbers

From 4 days of early access:
James made 7.3 hrs or 440 mins of content
Deli made 2.46 hrs or 148 mins of content

And just for the record lilsimsie has made 3.1 hrs or 186 mins of content.
Plumbella made 1.15 hrs or 75 mins
Vixella has made 49 mins? I don't watch her and didnt watch these - did she have early access lol??

I mean more doesn't equal better... But still
Let's also not forget that James did Teo builds, one that he specifically mentioned took 4 hours... So... He may have uploaded 7 hours, but he did a LOT more than that. Even if he edited his LPs less than normal, just to get the most content from it, he still spend hours on builds..... Like... He made the most of that 4 days

With Deligracy, it started out as a few crappy comments, like saying "girls are bitchy" and lecturing that "breast is best" when feeding an infant despite not knowing anything about it. At the time, my best friend was getting formula-shamed like crazy because her son wouldn't latch, so that comment made me feel extra annoyed.

Then I realized that a lot of her LPs were just Sims versions of someone else's idea: Sims Barbie, Sims Gossip Girl, Sims Scream Queens, etc. The Barbie one I get but her ripping off storylines from Gossip Girl episodes was lazy and borderline plagiarism. She was getting praised for being soooo creative, but she was just copying from other people.
This also kinda annoys me. I've seen other YTs use popular characters and do original things with them, but Deligracy gets praise for reenacting popular tv shows 🙄.
Like, it'd be one thing to use Gossip Girl characters and make your own story with them, but just replaying the show? Not creative.
I've seen people make Mulder and Scully and do whatever in their game - I honestly forget specifics, but they weren't remaking X-Files episodes, you know?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I went off her when Mr Darcy was mentioned every 2 seconds in videos, just shutup about it we know you love Mr darcy! Now she's moved on to Bucky Barnes 🥱

• Haha
I started watching Deli maybe 5 years ago, she was still in her first apartment. I liked that she did both Sims videos and vlogs. She used to be a lot more upbeat and fun. It did feel like hanging out with a friend.

I think she started getting on my nerves around the time when her channel got demonetized and she abruptly ended her LPs. It felt like she was continuously looking for pity from her subscribers by making it seem like she lost her income entirely. Then she did her "Is Ea Really Ruining The Sims?" video in response to Optimus. She sounded like such a buttlicker and it's the first time I realized how daft and ignorant she is. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't deleted the video seeing as there were many negative comments.

Then I started noticing other stuff... how little effort she puts into exploring new packs, her appallingly bad pronunciation of words that aren't even hard to pronounce for non-native English speakers, the ignorance when it comes to basic life stuff and the actual feeling of pride that she has for being clueless and branding it all as being "cute".

I feel sorry for young girls that watch her and form their opinions based on hers. Sometimes I can't believe that certain words came out of her mouth, but it all somehow goes under the radar because "quirky Deli". Her content in the last couple of years basically sends a message that you should avoid anything unpleasant in life that may cause anxiety, that buying expensive stuff only for yourself is treating yourself and putting yourself first, that you should whine about how unfair it is that you don't have enough money to have the life of your dreams instead of growing up and putting in the work to actually make it possible.

She also perpetuates this notion that anything inexpensive isn't good enough and that price inevitably means quality. She says she aims to shop all organic, but if the tag said organic and cheap, she would still go for the expensive version. She makes exceptions to her rule of not buying real leather or fur when it suits her, but loves to validate the high cost of her items by claiming they are organic and will last a lifetime. She often makes it clear that they had to choose a less expensive option for their blinds, floors etc as if it was some unfair sacrifice she had to make because there's not enough money for her high-end ideas. The stories are there to make you think "Oh poor Deli, she researches all these magazines and just wants to have an organic and sustainable home, but it's so expensive! That's not fair", while probably a large majority of her viewers don't even own a place of their own. Her daily stories just make it more evident how out of touch she is.

The anxiety, period, tiredness talk... it was refreshing at first, but as soon as she realized that people are being compassionate and that they love that someone talks openly about this stuff, she kind of started using it to her advantage. Nowadays, her having period means a free pass from recording videos because it's subscribers-approved. You can't call her out on having pms or period pain, because how would you know whether she is or isn't in pain. You can't say she doesn't have anxiety, because you would end up looking like an ass and get bombarded by Deli's subscribers in the comments. Everyone agrees that health is important. So all she can get is support and encouragement. I'm not saying she's lying or faking anything, but you wouldn't know if she does, and that works well for her.

• Heart
i don’t mean this in a horrible way just genuinely always been curious. is there a reason clare chooses to wear fake cheap looking wigs? she obviously makes good money along with her partner, why doesn’t she invest in one (or a few) that look real and good quality? i don’t watch her stuff so i don’t know if she’s actually ever spoke about it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
i don’t mean this in a horrible way just genuinely always been curious. is there a reason clare chooses to wear fake cheap looking wigs? she obviously makes good money along with her partner, why doesn’t she invest in one (or a few) that look real and good quality? i don’t watch her stuff so i don’t know if she’s actually ever spoke about it
To be fair I think it’s more that she can’t style the wigs very well more-so than them being awful quality. I’ve seen some pretty cheap wigs look really good when the person wearing them knows how to look after them/style them properly.

To be fair I think it’s more that she can’t style the wigs very well more-so than them being awful quality. I’ve seen some pretty cheap wigs look really good when the person wearing them knows how to look after them/style them properly.
that could be true they look pretty ill-fitting most of the time especially when she has the lace front half way down her forehead or an obviously middle parted wig pushed over as a side parting 😣

Reactions: 3
View attachment 1447645

This might be out of pocket coming from a privileged right hander, but Jesse has such a victim complex. The struggle never ends for her. The PP who said she lurches from crisis to crisis was a light bulb moment for me.
It’s very rare that anything is made to be inclusive/useful/helpful to most people (or anyone) with a disability but oh no, Jesse can’t have a pretty keyboard 🎻

• Haha
Reactions: 4
View attachment 1447645

As a left handed person can’t say I’ve ever had any struggles using a keyboard and mouse. Or any struggles in general really. People like Plumbella just expect the world to give a tit and accommodate their every need.

Reactions: 8
As a left handed person can’t say I’ve ever had any struggles using a keyboard and mouse. Or any struggles in general really. People like Plumbella just expect the world to give a tit and accommodate their every need.
Same here.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.