Silliest reason you’ve ghosted/stopped speaking to someone?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would defo ghost someone with a dirty toilet I also can’t stand guys who send unsolicited aubergine pics!

I’ve ghosted a lot of men who I thought could be the real thing because we’ve had our first phone call and they’ve sounded camper than a field of tents at a pride festival

Reactions: 11
He went on about how coffee was superior to tea for a good 8 to 10 minutes after I briefly mentioned I'm not a big coffee drinker but I love tea. Okay Chad, enjoy your bean juice by yourself, jfc.

Reactions: 14
I ghosted someone once because he had the same birthday as me.

Reactions: 21
Tbf that’s valid, I’d feel peeved I wouldn’t get the day to myself
I made matters EVEN WORSE by texting him on our birthday like “happy birthday twinny!” he replied to wish me a happy birthday too

we ended up back in touch a while after and he wanted to take me out as I was newly single and I couldn’t get past the fact we were born on the same day so I ripped the band aid off and unfollowed him

Reactions: 3
Oh OH! I have a juicy one actually!

I met a guy on a night out when I was a hostess in a club and we got chatting in the VIP lounge after I’d finished my shift. He was hella funny, not creepy, my type, I was tipsy so offered him my number to which he replied, I already have it, you stopped replying? And showed me his phone with my name and number in there... that man (I found out later) is a premier league footballer with a long term GF and an illegitimate child with a wannabe zeleb.

I asked how he had my number and he told me where he asked for my number 18 months previously (for info: he wasn’t playing in the premiership, nobody knew who he was but he was funny as fuck and my type) I remembered why I stopped replying to him - he was such a beg, constantly texting, I found it so overwhelming I ghosted him in favour of another man I’d met that night nothing came of the other man either but I thank my lucky stars I ghosted him when I read what he’s been up to since I met him!

Reactions: 9
This is gold

Reactions: 4
He would text in slang. Like that awful kind of "yh wot r u doin 2day" 13 year old boy slang. Couldn't cope and wished I didnt give him my number, pretty face or not!

Reactions: 15
I went on a date with this guy once and he looked like a pirate. Dead long hair and he looked a bit like Pete from TOWIE. He was not my type at all but tbh with you guys I was having a slaggy period because I'd just broke up with my ex. Anyway, we'd been on our first date and he was ok. Terrible kisser. Anyway, I keep rambling so we were texting and he randomly goes "did you think I look like Pete from TOWIE? Cos I think I do. I watch videos of him on YouTube so I can speak like him. Sometimes I forget my name is ____ and I think its Pete.' I was like wooooah ok. Never speaking to you again!

Reactions: 36
I am crying hahahahhahaha. That is tragic.

Reactions: 6
I once stopped talking to someone because on our first (and only) date he ordered a Pina Colada at a country pub we went to. For me that was enough to call it quits

Reactions: 19
My ex boyfriend had the same first name as me

Reactions: 7
HAHAHAHA

(that reminds me of the pirate sex thread on Mumsnet... woman's other half kept going 'arrr matey' (or something along those lines - it was very pirate-y) at the time that, ahem, he saw the face of God (is that blasphemous? soz)

Reactions: 7
His nails. We were at dinner on a first date and it's all I could see. I pushed it away and we went on three more dates before it drove me too up the wall and I decided I couldn't see him anymore... he then blocked me to this day I can't stand men with long nails or men with bitten to the nub nails... I am way too hard to please

Reactions: 11
One time I went on a date with this girl and she took me to Wetherspoons cos she works there and gets discount. She got a curry and started running her finger round the sauce and licked it off her fingers you get a no from me hun! Just never spoke to her again

Last edited:
Reactions: 6