Silent Witness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm we thought this weeks ep was a bit messy! so basically they were all in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was pure bad luck the driver died

Reactions: 1
I didn't mind last weeks two parter, certainly better than last series ongoing story.

But this week's was dull...and preachy. The second episode I ended up fast forwarding to the end

Reactions: 2
So sad. I’ve loved SW for years and years, however the last ~4 years, it’s just becoming ridiculous. I don’t mind having to stretch my imagination a little to enjoy a show, or forgetting that everything happening probably wouldn’t happen in real life… but it’s getting too much now. I also don’t even think I fancy Jack any more, which means it can’t be saved at all. Such a shame. 😢

Reactions: 7
It's got really silly and the scripts have become so lazy. Recently, Nikki was able to identify a gastric band from the body in the acid bath, yet was unsure about a human tooth. Teeth are the easiest thing to identify because we've all seen our own milk teeth when they fall out. She would have recognised it straight away.

• Haha
I quite enjoyed this week. It was slightly slower paced and more of a case to piece together. I also like the introduction of more modern ways of evidence gathering/investigation like the software programme with the eye surgery and the photo of many photos of the number plate.

Nikki's baby would be about Fiona's age I think. There seemed something poignant about her hugging her with the wings on at the end after she'd helped the police officer give birth. Almost like closure for her.

Another awful pair of episodes, I found myself going wtf is going on for most of tonight's!

I don't understand Velvy's story regarding leaving the Jewish community, has much been explained or have I just zoned out?

I enjoyed Nicky sending a photograph of a teenage girl to a surgeon mate and the surgeon mate circulating the photograph around their surgeon mates and one going “oh yes I remember this patient from many years ago. She had x, y, z and her exact name is”…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel like watching Silent Witness is some kind of endurance sport now. The writing is really clunky, Nikki and Jack seem to have to spell out the bloody obvious and finish each other’s sentences. The festival scenes were cringe AF. Suddenly every man and his dog knows BSL?! Total nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Err I just can't with this series, it's dreadful. It reminds me of the guff I used to work on for my Btec Media studies 30 years ago. Couldn't give two shits about Nicky and Jack, both boring

Reactions: 6
I used to love silent witness in the Leo and Harry days. But the last few series’s have just been absolute tripe. I never liked Jack, he was never a replacement for Harry, same goes for Thomas and Leo! Couldn’t stand Clarissa although she is slightly more bearable than the extremely annoying velvey who speaks as though he is extremely slow, and where did he come from? It’s just weird! There used to be some really gritty episodes with quite dark story lines. Now it’s just woke crap like everything else (apart from happy valley)!

Reactions: 8
It’s like they’re making it in to a soap rather than a drama - I don’t care about Jacks niece or Velveys background or Nikki and jacks relationship, I want the crime stories!

Reactions: 9
It’s like they’re making it in to a soap rather than a drama - I don’t care about Jacks niece or Velveys background or Nikki and jacks relationship, I want the crime stories!
Me too, I want dark crime and forensic stuff,

Reactions: 5
Watched it since the start
However it's now unwatchable pretty much
Where did Velvy come from i may have slept thro that bit & what exactly is his job??

I'm usually knitting or crocheting whilst watching so the silent bits during the BSL are bloody annoying as i have to look at the screen for that conversation.

Reactions: 6
Watched it since the start
However it's now unwatchable pretty much
Where did Velvy come from i may have slept thro that bit & what exactly is his job??

I'm usually knitting or crocheting whilst watching so the silent bits during the BSL are bloody annoying as i have to look at the screen for that conversation.
Apparently Clarissa recommended him to Nikki and said he’d fit in really well with the rest of them. Given he has to verbalise everything he does as he’s doing it, I’d agree. His job is some kind of pathology assistant I think.