Shops or places you feel nostalgic for

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woolworths :cry:
Athena
Tammy girl
MK1 - we didn’t have one where I lived so was always happy when visiting elsewhere where there was one 😂

Does anyone remember Adams kids? I noticed in my wardrobe today I have a tiny Adams coat hanger in there, age 2-3! It would've been from when I was a kid in the 80s/90s!
Yes I remember my mum taking me to Adams kids. I also had some of their hangers in my wardrobe for ages!

Reactions: 2
When you could buy 10 mayfair for £3.15!!
God I cannot believe the price of cigarettes nowadays. I’m sure when I was at school I’d pay £1.96 for 10 sovereign and if I was feeling fancy I’d get 20 B&H for like £4 or something. Bloody £11 or something now!

Reactions: 1
Always woolworths.

There was also this corner shop near my old high school. It's now a bathroom showroom but every time I walk past I think of all the times me and my friends used to steal boxes of 'fun snaps' and throw them at the floor all the way to the local shopping centre to wind up the guy who worked in the card shop. He was a total perv now I think about it but he was a complete novelty to us as he'd get off work at about 4 and buy us alcopops. Funny all the memories that come to mind when walking past a bloody bathroom showroom 😂

• Haha
I loved Pilot clothes, anyone else remember that store?
Yes used to get school trousers from there they were this awful black stretchy material that used to go so shiny, also at the seam on the bum the white elastic used to come out ‘bum fluff’ everyone called it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Romford Market back in the 80s and early 90s when it was bloody massive and sold everything. Especially the stalls where it was all current season Top Shop and Miss Selfridge (and clearly fell off the back of a lorry...)

When I was a teenager me and my mum would sometimes go there shopping and then after for a pizza at Pizza Hut. We used to share the smallest pizza and a salad bowl 😁 and I just remember feeling so grown up being there and not Mcds or Wimpy!

Snob was a favourite shop; also a few years later Pilot - I still have a feather boa trimmed lacy thing I bought from there in about 1996 😂

• Heart
I miss the Kitchen reject Shop from the 80's and 90's and also The Body Shop from the 80's and 90's (when you could take your empty shampoo and shower gel bottles and go and refill them inside the shop).

Another one I miss is Nectar (a shop similar to the Body Shop). I get quite nostalgic for BlockBuster dvd shop and wish it was still here so I could have a browse around at all the old film dvd's and buy popcorn and Ben and Jerry's at the same time.

I used to love Chelsea Girl and Tammy Girl as a teenager too

Reactions: 3
Did anyone else have Gamleys in their town? Loved all the toys and weird gadgets in there.
Also I have real fond memories of queuing up super early in the morning to get the new release Beanie Babies. Wish I’d kept all mine I had so many 😂

I always used to see the hellraiser video in my local store and think oh god that looks awful and always remembered his face. I'm an adult and have now read the synopsis and glad all I ever saw was the video box. But its certainly one of the most striking covers for a film.

When I was 14 ( back in 1988) before the six week break at school we was allowed a day to either go Alton towers or watch videos in school.
I watched videos in school.

I never forget the idiot teacher who thought it was a good idea to put Hellraiser on!!!
I still can see some of the film in detail and it gets me angry why a teacher would think this was a good idea..the teacher fast forward the sexual scenes (with a grin on his face) but we watched the start to about half hour or more into the film as luckily the lunch bell went and we could go.
Bloody horrible, I remember some of that creepy film from that day. 😬
One girl screamed at one scene.
Other one was Nightmare on Elm Street by another teacher in another room. 😬

Keeping on topic..

Nostalgic shops for me..
Woolworths
C&A
Anthea
Oasis

I don't know if the last two was just Birmingham based or if Oasis is still there.

My brother who is near my age remember an " outdoor" where it's like a normal small shop but had a beer pump on the counter that they full for you to have a beer to take home, I guess you brought your own container.
I remember the outdoor but not when it had a beer pump.
I do remember seeing beer barrels been rolled down into the cellar from outside.

PS I'm only on the first few posts so I look forward to catching up on here 😀

• Haha
Woolworths. I used to love going to our local to spend my pocket money on toys and books with my nan and grandad. They had the best sales on Boxing Day.

Also C&A and Tammy Girl when I was a teenager :D

There's still a TJ Hughes here! I go sometimes for chips and gravy in their little cafe when I'm out shopping (I hate McDonalds and similar and love gravy so, erm :LOL: ), they have some good stuff tbh, it's so cute that the majority of people in there are very elderly buying cardigans and the like haha

Quiggins too, my mum used to take me there, maybe you know it's still here but it's moved (it's not quite the same now but still...!)

Lewis's in Liverpool was a great place. It's so sad it closed down. I also remember Owen Owen and George Henry Lee's (I believe the latter is now part of John Lewis?) Rapid Hardware has recently closed which is terrible, Liverpool has lost a lot of historical well known companies now that I think of it.
Can’t believe Rapid has gone, that Was such a bril shop a bit like an Aladdin's cave! Last time I was up in Liverpool it had moved near the M&S. How sad. It wassad enough when Lewis’s closed, that was a beautiful shop to walk around!

Tammy Girl was ace. I’d run up thestairs to Tammy and my mum would shop down stairs in Etam.

loved Bay and Select (such horrible clothes looking back though lol!) Morgan clothing as wel

I’m a midlands girl so Not sure if it’s a midlands shop but the old Coop department stores and Alders! Spent many a Christmas in both with my mum frantically shopping !

That was such a cool shop. I always used to make sure I was wearing my tammy pants for p.e 😂
And them t shirts with different coloured sleeves to the body. Ours used to be above an adult clothes shop, but cant remeber what it was called.

Jane norman for the school bag and the carrier bag for your p.e kit 😂 sometimes I used to take a JD sports one, just to spice things up.
We used to have tammy in the town where I live, it was above an etam shop I think...? Used to buy all sorts from there especially when I went through my many phases. Particurlary remember bright pink trousers with loads of strips of pink fabric coming off them and baggy flared jeans with pink chains... dear god :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Ahaha I had forgot about the Jane Norman bags for PE think I had a blue and a lemon coloured one - buying the cheapest thing in the shop to get them haha!!

Did anyone else have McDonalds birthday parties???? Like in the McDonald’s restaurants and just sectioned off with chairs 😂 thinking about it now it was weird but we loved it as kids
Yep I had a birthday party in MD's, don't think it would have quite the same effect these days...!

The Body Shop: I am a 90s baby but there's something really nostalgic for me about The Body Shop although it is still around. The satsuma scent reminds me of being a kid and the strawberry one.
Oh you have just reminded me I had a satsusma lip oil I think it was like a lip gloss but with a roller ball type top and it was in a small glass bottle. I took it to middle school and dropped it in the toilets in my first year. The place stunk of it and I never owned up to it... even when I left 4 years it still has a faint orange smell in those particular toilets

La Senza - I bought my first ‘grown up’ bra there with Christmas money I must of been about 14 it was a push up, purple with the cartoon ‘Little Miss Naughty’ embroidered on, in the first size I picked up as had no clue on sizes and too shy to ask, all bought without my Mums knowledge and kept it hidden Incase she found it 🤣
I did the same, around the same age - went in with my 'boyfriend' at the time thinking we were so cool. Must have looked like right d*cks haha! Think I bought a lovely pink totally not age appropriate number :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We used to have tammy in the town where I live, it was above an etam shop I think...? Used to buy all sorts from there especially when I went through my many phases. Particurlary remember bright pink trousers with loads of strips of pink fabric coming off them and baggy flared jeans with pink chains... dear god :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Ahaha I had forgot about the Jane Norman bags for PE think I had a blue and a lemon coloured one - buying the cheapest thing in the shop to get them haha!!

Yep I had a birthday party in MD's, don't think it would have quite the same effect these days...!
Yes that's was where it was. Used to love MCd party too. Used to be upstairs in out Mcdoanlds 🥳 On a Saturday afternoon it was mental up there 😂

• Haha
Does anyone remember Adams kids? I noticed in my wardrobe today I have a tiny Adams coat hanger in there, age 2-3! It would've been from when I was a kid in the 80s/90s!
Yep - I have my daughters first baby clothes from there which were kept and handed down to the younger two but think they closed down not long after my eldest was born :( x

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe Rapid has gone, that Was such a bril shop a bit like an Aladdin's cave! Last time I was up in Liverpool it had moved near the M&S. How sad. It wassad enough when Lewis’s closed, that was a beautiful shop to walk around!

Tammy Girl was ace. I’d run up thestairs to Tammy and my mum would shop down stairs in Etam.

loved Bay and Select (such horrible clothes looking back though lol!) Morgan clothing as wel

I’m a midlands girl so Not sure if it’s a midlands shop but the old Coop department stores and Alders! Spent many a Christmas in both with my mum frantically shopping !
Used to love our co op. Used to get kicked out every Saturday for jumping on the beds 😂

• Haha
I remember etam and Tammy girl.. One memory that sticks in my mind, I must have been around 11-12 yrs old back in early 2000s and purchasing a pink velour tracksuit with my birthday money.. worrying that I spent too much on clothes, it must have cost me like £20-25 😂😂