Shops or places you feel nostalgic for

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss the Kitchen reject Shop from the 80's and 90's and also The Body Shop from the 80's and 90's (when you could take your empty shampoo and shower gel bottles and go and refill them inside the shop).

Another one I miss is Nectar (a shop similar to the Body Shop). I get quite nostalgic for BlockBuster dvd shop and wish it was still here so I could have a browse around at all the old film dvd's and buy popcorn and Ben and Jerry's at the same time.

I used to love Chelsea Girl and Tammy Girl as a teenager too
I loved Nectar Beauty Shop - they did copy perfumes that smelled just like the real thing. Suppose Body Shop took all of their customers.

Wimpy - there's still one where I used to live in Peterborough but none in the North.

Chelsea Girl, Miss Selfridge, Mark 1, Blockbuster (when it was a treat to choose a film).
Is Miss Selfridge no more? I used to love their make-up, especially the Iron Lady lipstick (a fantastic metallic pink). I can still picture the white tube with pink writing.

Reactions: 1
This thread made me remember this one time when my mum took me to a shop called ‘Texas’ when I was quite small. Couldn’t for the life of me remember what they sold or if it even existed and I was getting mixed up with Tesco or something so I looked it up. Turns out it was a real shop that sold diy stuff, it’s successor was Homebase. I’m so glad I wasn’t imagining it lol.

I also remember going to ‘Do it All’ a lot with my parents which was another DIY shop that later became ‘Focus DIY’ I think.

I remember being in Wickes waiting for my parents to pay and pressing the Dr Pepper button on a vending and then a drink popped out! I hadn’t put any money in felt like winning the lottery.
My parents weren’t diy fans but we’d moved to a house that needed a lot of work doing to it hence why I have so many memories of me being dragged around diy shops🤣

Funny the random little things we remember once you start thinking about it.
There was a Texas Homecare in Carlisle. It had a play area at the back for kids, with blackboards and chalk, and loads of toys. Never actually minded having to go there with my mum and dad.

Is Miss Selfridge no more? I used to love their make-up, especially the Iron Lady lipstick (a fantastic metallic pink). I can still picture the white tube with pink writing.
It's gone in Carlisle. My favourite lipstick came from there too. It was called Reddy Gold and would stay on until the next morning!

Reactions: 2
Miss selfridge in the 90s is nothing like today’s shop. Like a totally different shop. I remember going in when I was like 10 (and Tammy was my idea of heaven) and thinking I wanna be a Miss Selfridge girl with the metallic baby pink lipsticks :ROFLMAO: I loved growing up in the 90s, what an era.

loved body shop, always went for the satsuma range, bath pearls and oils. Probably awful for the environment but they felt like a real treat.
Not a shop but can any remember the catalogue companies, great universal? Gratton? I used to go through them and mark which clothes I wanted hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Miss selfridge in the 90s is nothing like today’s shop. Like a totally different shop. I remember going in when I was like 10 (and Tammy was my idea of heaven) and thinking I wanna be a Miss Selfridge girl with the metallic baby pink lipsticks :ROFLMAO: I loved growing up in the 90s, what an era.

loved body shop, always went for the satsuma range, bath pearls and oils. Probably awful for the environment but they felt like a real treat.
Not a shop but can any remember the catalogue companies, great universal? Gratton? I used to go through them and mark which clothes I wanted hahaha
Grattans and freeman’s still exist, mostly online now. No longer that huge,catalogue dropping through the door!

Reactions: 3