Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It scares me that this women is a midwife 😂 I can hear her thinking ‘ffs just get on with it’ when any women has a problem.

Reactions: 15
I’ve just unfollowed her, really gone of her. Not captioning stories, moaning all the time over money, complaining about breastfeeding. Everyone moans and witches about life. But she just seems really dull and pessimistic about life. Had enough, best of luck to Terry and Dustin

Reactions: 14
Good point. Terrible that she’s behaving like that with the borough she works for known too. Surely it goes against a code of conduct a policy with her hospital trust!
It’s certainly skating the edges of her professional code of conduct (NMC) and their thoughts on social media and professionalism. It doesn’t matter if you are in uniform or not, on shift or not, on mat leave or not, if you have an active PIN you are representing the profession of nursing or midwifery and anything you say/do could be considered to be bringing it into disrepute.

This is the latest NMC social media guidance btw

Reactions: 10
She’s moaning about breastfeeding but she was drastically against formula feeding. There’s no pleasing her.

What a draining women.

Reactions: 8
I really feel for all the women she was a midwife to before having Dustin. You can imagine how horribly judgemental she’d have been.
She’s had a rude awakening becoming a mum!

She’s moaning about breastfeeding but she was drastically against formula feeding. There’s no pleasing her.

What a draining women.

Reactions: 9
I think discussing the challenges of breastfeeding is fair enough. Mastitis is pretty much an occupational hazard with bf, almost no one gets away with it and it can be pretty miserable (though entirely treatable), so I don’t begrudge her talking about it. Let’s not pretend that either feeding choice is 100% pro or 100% con either way and it does women no good to pretend otherwise.

However, I totally see that when it’s lumped alongside all the other negativity on her account, it just becomes too much and feels like all she ever does is whinge. So even the ‘fair enough’ stuff just feels like the IGer who cried wolf. Time to put yourself on mute, Jodie.

Reactions: 5
I really feel for all the women she was a midwife to before having Dustin. You can imagine how horribly judgemental she’d have been.
She’s had a rude awakening becoming a mum!
I can’t see her improving much more now she’s had her baby. If anything she’s become more detestable since having him.

First time posting but I’ve been following this thread a while, I followed her as thought she was a renovation account, appreciate she has a baby now and that’s her focus but at least change the name of the account!

I agree that breastfeeding struggles should be discussed openly, it’s not easy, the first 4 to 6 months are killer - however Jodie is saying she hates it and wishes she never bothered, it’s been too much hassle and has made her mental health worse. I just don’t think as a midwife she should be sharing that message on a public Instagram account when the NHS’s stance is that breastfeeding is optimal - whatever your opinion. She is going to put expectant mums off before they have even tried.

She needs to be very careful about what she says because her Trust could take her to task for the messages she is giving out because she’s still a registered midwife and intends to return to practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I want her to move and buy another Reno house so I can like her again 😂
This!!!
I enjoyed her content as a Reno account and even the budgeting.
I’ve had babies, understand the struggle but at the moment she just makes me 🙄

Reactions: 2
It would be interesting to know if her viewpoint on midwives who haven’t given birth has changed. She really took offence to someone saying they would prefer a midwife who has had a baby themselves and that she was just as qualified etc.

Reactions: 7
It would be interesting to know if her viewpoint on midwives who haven’t given birth has changed. She really took offence to someone saying they would prefer a midwife who has had a baby themselves and that she was just as qualified etc.
✅ qualified
❌ knowledgeable

Reactions: 10
It's totally normal for motherhood to smack you round the face like a wet fish. I don't think anyone can prepare you for the reality but Jesus christ moan moan moan. She's ruining her own leave by being this miserable. Mat leave is the only time you switch off from work. She's in a lovely position financially to enjoy her time off. She needs to get out the house and do some stuff with the baby and start enjoying it. Or renovate something and stop whinging.

Reactions: 11
I want her to move and buy another Reno house so I can like her again 😂
If you want to follow someone relatable and actually does reno on a shoestring budget with a baby in tow it’s Kezzabeth.

I don’t think we’ll get any relatable reno if Jodie bought another doer upper again. She’ll beg for more freebies.

It's totally normal for motherhood to smack you round the face like a wet fish. I don't think anyone can prepare you for the reality but Jesus christ moan moan moan. She's ruining her own leave by being this miserable. Mat leave is the only time you switch off from work. She's in a lovely position financially to enjoy her time off. She needs to get out the house and do some stuff with the baby and start enjoying it. Or renovate something and stop whinging.
There are so many Mum and Baby groups she can attend, which I think would benefit her and the baby. Many which are free or very low in price. But she’d rather wallow in self pity and moan about the price of the Aquarium instead.

• Heart
If you want to follow someone relatable and actually does reno on a shoestring budget with a baby in tow it’s Kezzabeth.

I don’t think we’ll get any relatable reno if Jodie bought another doer upper again. She’ll beg for more freebies.

There are so many Mum and Baby groups she can attend, which I think would benefit her and the baby. Many which are free or very low in price. But she’d rather wallow in self pity and moan about the price of the Aquarium instead.
I do like kezzabeth but there is just something about her that irritates me everrrr so slightly

I love the fact she is so hands on with her diy and allotment but the amount of half finished jobs sets me on edge 😂

I feel like she has a compulsion to collect free wood and store it in her home. Her kitchen is lovely but she has lights hanging out the ceiling that would take 2 mins to sort. Arrrrggghhh 😂😂
Also I don’t like the pond in the garden with the tiny fence. Isn’t safe with a toddler imo

that being said, I love them as a family. So down to earth and not trying to be influencers, sales people or anything but themselves x

Has she actually looked at the price for the sealife centre because last time we went under 5s were free and there’s alway some promotion on chocolate wrappers. Spend some money you tight arse. You’ve just done an ad! Surely that would pay for one trip out as a family.

Reactions: 6
Has she actually looked at the price for the sealife centre because last time we went under 5s were free and there’s alway some promotion on chocolate wrappers. Spend some money you tight arse. You’ve just done an ad! Surely that would pay for one trip out as a family.
On lots of Cadbury and cereal packets there’s 2for1 tickets and like you say under 5s are free. We used two vouchers recently and paid for just the two kids to go to the aquarium and us two adults were free. But then does a three month old really NEED to go to the aquarium?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.