Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off duck off jodie with the ads now…reposting the same one again on her stories

Reactions: 4
They should have spent some of their savings doing their drive way but she wouldn’t part with the cash.

Reactions: 5
All the ads you been doing at least you can afford to fix it - use the savings why dont you 🙄
That’s what insurance is for.

Petty theft from cars is on the up everywhere. Lock your cars, close windows and sunroof and don’t leave anything in them of any value and you’ll vastly reduce the risk of your car being a victim. We had a spate of them locally in my low crime, MC area, people still left handbags, purses, cards, cash, sunglasses and other valuables on show in their vehicles. Baffling.

Reactions: 3
All the ads you been doing at least you can afford to fix it - use the savings why dont you 🙄
They’re moving house this year I think. She’s used the car break ins as a reason for moving before, saying the area isn’t safe. They’ll make a fortune on that house.

Reactions: 5
They should have spent some of their savings doing their drive way but she wouldn’t part with the cash.
Exactly this. Why can’t she set up her house with security? It honestly doesn’t cost that much to set up monthly payments and have that extra security. Or even Ring, they’ve got alarm boxes now for their home security packages.

It’s an excuse for I want to move as I cannot be bothered to get rid of the mice, and can get more freebies in the process.

Reactions: 4
Exactly this. Why can’t she set up her house with security? It honestly doesn’t cost that much to set up monthly payments and have that extra security. Or even Ring, they’ve got alarm boxes now for their home security packages.

It’s an excuse for I want to move as I cannot be bothered to get rid of the mice, and can get more freebies in the process.
Yuck.. I forgot about the mice.
She would be stupid to move now, she hasn’t even had time to really enjoy their house and her parents are right next door. I just don’t think she will ever be content.

Wouldn’t AD’s be technically classed as working/income which I didn’t think you’d be allowed to do when on maternity pay, especially NHS?
I suspect the tax office could help out with the cost of living crisis if they investigated this type of influencer.

Reactions: 2
I think those of you saying this is all just teeing up for moving house are bang on the money.

Reactions: 8
Imagine being too poor on maternity leave to be able to afford to do activities with your child, or fix a mouse issue then having to fork out £££s on solicitors fees, stamp duty because you need to move

• Haha
Imagine being too poor on maternity leave to be able to afford to do activities with your child, or fix a mouse issue then having to fork out £££s on solicitors fees, stamp duty because you need to move
She can afford it she just can’t bring herself to spend the money on those things but she’s more than happy to buy a £1k sofa and look at holidays.

Yuck.. I forgot about the mice.
She would be stupid to move now, she hasn’t even had time to really enjoy their house and her parents are right next door. I just don’t think she will ever be content.
Agreed. She’d be daft to do so with a tiny new baby and parental support next door. Plus, if she’s complaining about the affordability of everything, how’s she going to find the legal fees, stamp duty, moving costs and increased mortgage payments for a new property? Even if they downsize, they’ll still incur significant costs. That house is plenty big enough for a one or two child family from what I’ve seen of it, they haven’t got to move for space.

The frustrating part is it’s all fixable complaints but she’s one of those people that will moan, refuse anyones advice, won’t do anything to make her life easier and still whinge about it.

You’ve got mice? Book peat control.
Your car is being broken into? Do the driveway work you wanted.
Can’t afford the aquarium? Stop forcing yourself to save £1k a month and live a little.

Reactions: 7
If she knows of an area that has zero car break ins I hope she shares with us! You can live in a busy town or quiet village and people will still try and steal bits from your car and try to break into it.

A steering wheel lock, wheel clamp, floodlight and a Ring camera are just many of the cheap, reliable security fixes she can do for her car/front of the house.

Reactions: 6
If she knows of an area that has zero car break ins I hope she shares with us! You can live in a busy town or quiet village and people will still try and steal bits from your car and try to break into it.

A steering wheel lock, wheel clamp, floodlight and a Ring camera are just many of the cheap, reliable security fixes she can do for her car/front of the house.
And quite simply, don’t leave anything in it that makes it worth breaking in to!

So true. My mum and dad live in a quiet little village and they had a lot of attempted car burglaries, they targeted cars with valuables on show and even people who left their cars open. Just gotta be extra cautious, especially for them as it's happened before!

Reactions: 2
Mark my words, the break in dramas are a build up to moving, but in the mean time, she’s hoping to be gifted a ring doorbell. Wonder if she follows them..?

Also, the new mint sofa is an odd choice given the colour on the walls … unless she’s already planning on redecorating the living room. It’ll be her third sofa in what, 3 years? 4 at most. Yet she bangs on about money worries.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.