Share your empties!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do people really stick to the little use by X months on products? I keep going to chuck away but unless the smell or consistency has changed I’m reluctant.
The only thing I stick to is mascara. If the smell and consistency is the same I keep using it.

Reactions: 2
Just finished my Nars multiple stick in the shade Orgasm and I have already repurchased , I just love it..
Also the Lacura dupe for L'Ocitanne Almond shower oil which was lovely and I would buy again if it was re introduced as a special buy

Update on the Garnier oat milk shampoo. Not a win for me sadly. Not a disaster in that I got to 4-5 washes and it’s only just flared on my most sensitive patch (whereas others can flare my whole scalp from one wash) but it won’t be something I can use as a daily shampoo.
£2.50 from Asda so not a big loss.

Do people really stick to the little use by X months on products? I keep going to chuck away but unless the smell or consistency has changed I’m reluctant.
No, never. It’s like milk - I use it after the use by date because you can tell if it’s gone off.

Just finished my Nars multiple stick in the shade Orgasm and I have already repurchased , I just love it..
Also the Lacura dupe for L'Ocitanne Almond shower oil which was lovely and I would buy again if it was re introduced as a special buy
Lacura dupes are incredible.

Reactions: 3
I've finished the Lacura Bonding shampoo which I liked and might buy again however I bought this Nexxus shampoo so will use this first.

I also finished a mini of the Body Shop Green Tea shower gel which I think smells amazing but is sadly discontinued.

Attachments

No, I frankly don’t care, if it hasn’t changed smell or a weird consistency I’ll just use it. Apart from stuff like shampoo most things last me longer than the few months on the bottle and I don’t remember anything getting bad apart from a perfume of all things. That was a shame, Estée Lauder White Linen suddenly smelled like curry. Was my favorite but I never got it again after that 😂

probably slightly controversial but fresh mascara doesn’t work as well for we as one that is a few weeks old. I wouldn’t use one that has been open for years but if I have an event and want to make sure that my makeup looks extra nice, I try to not have a new one then.

Reactions: 8
Baby was having a good nap this morning so took the opportunity to have a little declutter...

Empties:
- Madara Skin Equal Soft Glow Foundation - Not quite empty but I'm calling it done as it's gotten very thick and looks straight up orange on my face. Bought this as I had a voucher for a "natural" cosmetics site, would not repurchase, thought it was crap!

- Elf Liquid Metallic Eyeshadow in Moon - Again, not quite empty but I can't get any more product out. I really liked this but wouldn't repurchase as it's impossible to use more than half of the tube.

- Elf Wow Brow in Taupe - This was okay, didn't really notice much hold on my brows (not that they're running off my face or anything) nor did add much in the way of volume. Wouldn't repurchase.

- JVN Embody Daily Volumizing Shampoo - Hated it, complete waste of money, did nothing for my hair at all.

- JVN Undamage Strengthening Shampoo - Same as above.

- JVN Undamage Strengthening Conditioner - Same as above.

Decluttered products:
- Huda Beauty Silk Balm - Smelt like plastic, not sure if it was off, and I found it very thick and sticky. Came in a kit, would not repurchase.

- Elf Ride or Die Lip Balm in Boss Berry - Loved the colour and texture but is an absolute arse to get out of the tube. Product has been discontinued and replaced with a different product so couldn't repurchase even if I wanted to.

- Elf Ride or Die Lip Balm in Cheeky Cherry - As above.

- Elf Ride or Die Lip Balm in Mighty Mint - As above.

- Elf Liquid Metallic Eyeshadow in Comet - Beautiful colour and nice product but it dried out before I even made a dent in it. As per the previous one I wouldn't repurchase as the packaging doesn't allow you to get all the product out.

- Elf Liquid Metallic Eyeshadow in Galaxy - As above.

- Lacura Collagen Lip Oil - Not a fan of this, feels goopy on the lips and the rollerball keeps jamming. Would not repurchase.

- Soltan Kids Suncare Stick SPF 50+ - Used this on myself and my son when we're out and about. Convenient and easy to use. Would repurchase, just chucking unfinished as I've had it a while and the SPF would have degraded. Better safe than sorry!

So far for 2024 I have finished 12 products, decluttered 16 and only purchased 1 new one 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure if I've already mentioned this but after finishing my Nars blusher palette I picked up the Primark blusher and WOW it is great for £1.50, pigment is good and it lasts all day. Will deffo be buying the other shades. (y)

Reactions: 6
Just finished my Espa pink hair and scalp mud, actually did nothing at all, it was in a beauty box and I definitely won’t be buying another..

No 7 nail varnish - so old, so pleased another item is out of the house

Aldi Pomegranate bubble bath - nice but never seen it again since I bought this one. I’m officially out of bubble bath now (what a day!) but will use my fancy shower gels in the bath before I buy any more

Aldi face base primer/moisturiser dupe - I really like this stuff, bought 3 last time they were in as I was sad when I was without it before that

Max factor Green primer - got this to change foundation tone, I’m moving to a light coverage + concealer life so won’t need it again

Biovene perfect hair mid wash treatment (advent calendar) - I’m a fan and instructions say leave for 5 minutes (rather than the usual 15/20) - if I can get this when the others I already have are finished I will

Eveline eyebrow pencil - good colour, affordable, haven’t had mechanism problems with this one, would buy again

Bar of soap from some hotel - only 3 soaps to go, never thought I’d see the day!

Biovene hyaluronic acid - used it mixed with tanning drops, no complaints

M & S warm neroli perfume (advent calendar) - didn’t like this so mixed it with a body spray after persevering for a while. I like the scent I’ve made

This works body lotion (advent calendar) - another lavender item I could’ve done without (not the smell for me) but it does the job (moisturising, not sending me to sleep instantly)

Morphe lipstick - used up as blush (not my colour as a lipstick, freebie from my parents who received it in error)

Reactions: 8
pantene keratin mask. I liked it, it makes me hair feel nice and I would repurchase it. I won't because it's the year of less however...

Reactions: 6
A sachet of tetesept bath stuff, sunflower and oranges. Smelled slightly weird in the sachet but was really pleasant. Wouldn’t rebuy this though, it was a gift and I take baths so seldom it’s not worth buying something for.

Forgot to mention I used up a pair of those peeling socks yesterday, Balea own brand. I had them before, they work well enough.

probably slightly controversial but fresh mascara doesn’t work as well for we as one that is a few weeks old. I wouldn’t use one that has been open for years but if I have an event and want to make sure that my makeup looks extra nice, I try to not have a new one then.
Same!! Must be the runnier consistency or something. Bought a new one recently but my lashes look better when I do a coat of my old one first, whereas the fresh one by itself looks bad! Older mascara holds a curl better on me as well. Just gotta get through this breaking in period!

• Heart
Garnier Whole Blends Oat shampoo. Great stuff, would buy again, but now have a bottle of Whole Blends Rice Water. If that’s not better than Oat, I’ll probably just go and get that one again.

Elvive Dream Lengths heat slayer - already restocked. Not sure how effective heat protectors are, and I only really blow dry my hair, but I use it anyway!

Inkey List Bakuchiol Moisturizer. Nice enough, not sure it did anything with the active ingredient, plus the texture was a little bit too liquid for the tube, there was always a bit of the cream gathered in the lid. Need to use up another Inkey List moisturizer, then decide whether I should repurchase either of them.

The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum - received this in a beauty box. It was okay but not sure if it really did anything. If I had it in a beauty box again, I’d use it but I’d not purchase it myself.

Sanctuary Spa Supercharged Hyaluronic Face & Neck Creme (travel size) - received this in a free “gift with purchase.”
It moisturised my skin well but didn’t do anything extra that would make me want to purchase the full size. Again, if I got it in a box/gift I’d use it but I’d not buy it myself.

I hate running out of more than one product at the same time because I don’t like introducing more than one new item into my skincare routine at the same time in case I have a reaction. 🥴

Reactions: 5
A few empties this weekend (although not all empty, some just need to be binned and gifted as they don't suit my skin).

1.Pixi Glow toner. Solid toner, will repurchase.

2.Trilogy Botanical Body Wash. Not even half way through this and I'll have to give it to my husband. It has quite a strong scent and it has left my body all dry. I know it's this product as I have made a few q changes in the last few months (shower head filter, la roche posay shower gel and Ziaja body serum) which had resulted in amazing skin on my body despite chemo. The last 1/2 weeks I was trying to use this Trilogy body wash up and my skin has nose dived.

3. Trilogy facial rosehip oil. It did nothing for my face so I was trying to use it up on my body but after my reaction to the shower gel it's just going to have to be binned.

Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum - love it, it's my fifth(?) I emptied and I've my backups here. Just wish they would make the 100ml version available outside there store and even there it's often not available and I need to get the small 30ml versions. The little bottles are cute though and I like them for traveling.

Reactions: 5