Share your empties!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Olay Retinol Max night cream. Love it. Will be repurchasing for the third time,
Sanctuary lavender pillow spray- definitely will repurchase.
Dettol Bar soap. I love it. Leaves you so fresh and clean, yet is luxuriously creamy.
Hennesy Brandy. Magnificent with a flourish of Pepsi Max. I repurchase all the time 😁🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ouai Chill pills- Don't waste your money! they hardly had any scent and for £26 for 6 you want to at least be able to smell something. You might as well just treat yourself to a Lush bath bomb!

Reactions: 7
Finished more olaplex number 3 today, think I’ve gotten the ick for olaplex recently. Also finished their clarifying shampoo and think I’ll switch to the Ouai detox one in its place. It was fine but wasn’t worth 30 odd euro

Reactions: 2
Olay Retinol Max night cream. Love it. Will be repurchasing for the third time,
Sanctuary lavender pillow spray- definitely will repurchase.
Dettol Bar soap. I love it. Leaves you so fresh and clean, yet is luxuriously creamy.
Hennesy Brandy. Magnificent with a flourish of Pepsi Max. I repurchase all the time 😁🤭
You are first person Iv seen/heard say they use the dettol soap.
I love it!!

Reactions: 5
Yep, me too. Bought it during COVID and now the family don't want anything else!

Reactions: 1
Never used the Dettol soap on myself but found it brill for makeup brushes

I have really dry itchy skin and it helps me so much. I always feel so clean after using it

Would it work for body odour? I'm on meds that make me sweat and no matter what Deodorant I use there's always a smell.

Would it work for body odour? I'm on meds that make me sweat and no matter what Deodorant I use there's always a smell.
I have hiperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and I really rate the dettol soap for dealing with sweaty smells. It’s just so clean and fresh. I think it could help you out - and cheap too, so got to be worth a try.
Feel your pain with the sweating - not that you asked for it, but I recommend AKT deodorant, specifically orange one. I NEVER smell using this.

• Heart
I have hiperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and I really rate the dettol soap for dealing with sweaty smells. It’s just so clean and fresh. I think it could help you out - and cheap too, so got to be worth a try.
Feel your pain with the sweating - not that you asked for it, but I recommend AKT deodorant, specifically orange one. I NEVER smell using this.
I swear I don't work for AKT but I will always recommend this, especially if your in the UK and don't have to pay customs!

@Mythoughts Another excellent deodorant is the Vichey 72hr roll on deodorant

Re the AKT deodorant, I see that it’s a balm. Does it cause cruddy pits on your clothes?
I used to use a stick deodorant but changed a few years back to an aerosol because the stick was ruining my clothes. 😣😳

A couple of empties from me:

Body Shop Shea Butter Hair Mask - I've been using this for a couple of years and like it. I won't buy it again for the foreseeable, though, as it's £18/tub and I want to try a cheaper alternative. I also learnt of some issues with The Body Shop, so will be avoiding it even if it survives the current financial difficulties.

OGY Biotin and Collagen Shampoo - I love this, and have it on Amazon Subscribe and Save. That said, I bought a Sukin shampoo a few weeks ago to try, so I'll be on that next!

Re the AKT deodorant, I see that it’s a balm. Does it cause cruddy pits on your clothes?
I used to use a stick deodorant but changed a few years back to an aerosol because the stick was ruining my clothes. 😣😳
It will leave a white mark on your clothes like most deodorants, but a) comes off easily with a wipe and b) I find it only does that if I dress immediately afterwards (not giving the balm chance to sink in) and if I put too much on x

Empties:
Boots Collagen Serum - was pretty nice, not sure it did anything really but it slotted into my routine easy enough. A load left in the bottle at the bottom that's impossible to get out though!

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Lavant B5 - this stuff was a life saver for my skin throughout chemo. A brilliant product that helped with body acne and bumpy legs and arms. Unfortunately La Roche Posay is on my boycott list so I have to find an alternative. Thankfully I bought two at the time of purchase so u have a bit more time to figure out an alternative.

• Heart
Zelens Power D.
I’ve used this for years after receiving it in a Cult Beauty Box.
I loved it, as did my skin.
However, I fell in love with it when it was lightly fragranced and came with a glass dropper,
Now it has no fragrance (well it has an odd smell now) and it has a pump that spurts everywhere.
A product that was a joy to use (with a spa like fragrance) is now joyless and it’s an expensive product to buy.
It has taken me ages to get through this 100ml pump bottle.
I don’t know why they changed it so I won’t be repurchasing.
As I have been using it for several years, it will be interesting to see if my skin suffers or misses it when I try a different product in its place.
Zelens - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! 🙄

Ran out of conditioner and bought the Aldi Aussie knock off to tide me over. Awful!! Doesn’t moisturise at all. I’ve thrown it out.

Finished another of my all time favourite lip product. It’s a tinted lip balm and the colour kind of depends on the ph of your lips. Lasts forever, is moisturising and you get 5 for £8 on Amazon! https://amzn.eu/d/aRa7Jji

Reactions: 3
Can I ask does the AKT deodorant stop the dampness or just the smell? I have always been sweaty. Recently based on advice here and from tik tok I have started doing the following: wiping couple of times a week with glycolic acid (had some already), started using dettol soap, and switched to wild deodorant. I notice minimal smell now which is great (although not sure which product has helped most) HOWEVER i am still regularly damp underarms. It is great not worrying so much about the smell but the dampness is still uncomfortable. If anyone has any tips that would be delighted!