Share your empties!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NIVEA Cellular Luminous Anti-Dark Spot moisturiser.

Purchased to help with melasma. Not sure if this helped or if it was the other products I used but my melasma has gone. I probably would repurchase it but currently have a number of other products to use up

Reactions: 6
Finished my by Mario cream blush stick. It’s such a good product, I am gutted it’s over. Would repurchase but feel I owe it to myself to use all the crappy ones up in my make up bag first 😢

Reactions: 5
Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing balm - got this in a beauty box.
i really liked this. It smelt lovely, like a spa treatment and removed all my make up without leaving a residue. I would repurchase if it was on offer but I’ve a few other cleansers to use up first.

Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream - tried to find alternatives but it is honestly holy grail. I'm on my third tub since October and I got it for £43.60 instead of £67 from Space NK with vouchers/discount 😊 It really is worth the spend

Reactions: 9
Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing balm - got this in a beauty box.
i really liked this. It smelt lovely, like a spa treatment and removed all my make up without leaving a residue. I would repurchase if it was on offer but I’ve a few other cleansers to use up first.
Same with me , I love the Elemis balm , but I have lots of cleansers to use up before I purchase another one including a huge tub of the clinique cleansing balm
---
Just finished....

Benefit Roller lash, love it and I will always repurchase , although it's often included in Beauty boxes (travel size)
Revolution 5D lash mascara , was okay but I probably won't buy again
L'oreal Revitalift replumping toner, Love this and would buy again
Clinique quick liner in the shade Egyptian which I do like but this shade has sadly been discontinued

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hope you dont mind a request rather than an empty: Im thinking my skin might benefit from more care. Im 55+ always had good skin, I use miscellar water and moisturise every morning and Im making a big effort with sunscreen from now on. I dont really wear make up during the week, so I dont cleanse before I go to bed. Probably gross to you skin experts! I do feel like my skin benefits from exfoliation when I remember to do it. Do you have any recommendations for good cleansers for me please? In the past I've liked Liz earle and La Roche Posay.
Probably unpopular opinion but if you don't wear makeup then I wouldn't bother cleansing. I'm 55 and I don't bother anymore. Lots of water, a good diet and a decent light moisturiser should be enough

Revolution foundation stick - nice effect when first applied but greaseball after a few hours and had to really inspect it hadn’t caked up anywhere. Can’t remember if it performed better when new but I used it up when I wouldn’t be seen up close and didn’t need it to last. Wouldn’t go for a thick base now

Nuxe oil mini (advent calendar) nice lightweight oil, used on my hair ends without making it look greasy

Lacura concealer nars dupe - I’d buy this again if it came back, 3rd I’ve used up although this one was bought as a summer shade. Realised there wasn’t much left (possibly started drying up due to age) so just finished the dregs as bronzer

Philip Kingsley frizz fighting gloss mini (advent calendar) - I really liked this when I didn’t use too much (easily done without a pump so I squeezed into a little pot so I could pick up the smallest amount). On to the next hair serum in my stash

Revolution Passion Eau De Toilette - nice scent but I’ve plenty more left that I like more

Reactions: 3
Are there any products you wish were empty?

My current two that are like the endgame:
  • 11ml bottle of nail oil. I'm simply not a nail oil person. Can't stand having it on my nails, can't stand the smell, etc. I knew I wasn't a nail oil person when I bought it and here I am. Peer-pressured by a nasty look a coworker gave my nails.
  • The last remains of a 30gr pouch of silk poweder I bought ages ago. I use it on my face to mattify. It does work, but it's a little bit too matte for me, and I don't like the powders granularity, it's not as fine as true cosmetic powder. I hope I get through it this year.
Yes, I've developed a strong dislike of the fragrance of L'Occitane Almond Delicious Hands which is my current hand cream but luckily only a 30ml and I'm getting through it quite quickly. Used to love it but clearly I don't now.

Reactions: 3
Two this morning!

Garnier Whole Blends Camelia conditioner: one of the best I've ever had, next bottle already here. My only "issue" is that the stuff is so thick it's near impossible to get it out of the bottle, they should have put it in a tub instead. There's a lot stuck in side and if you shake it up with water you get another 1.5 week's worth of conditioner out.

Random bar soap. Glad it's gone, wasn't too fond of it.

L'Occitane handcream the shea butter one, I like it but I have a much cheaper Garnier one at the moment which is just as good and much cheaper

Olay regenerist night cream - it’s a nice enough cream but I’m not sure it’s worth the Olay price tag.

ahc eye cream - love this eye cream but I have others to use up.

geek and gorgeous clarifying toner - kept the oils at bay and it’s only a fiver!

Reactions: 4
Heliocare 360 Gel Oil Free SPF 50
I didn’t finish this but it’s past it’s expiry.
I liked it because it’s non greasy and I hate the feel of sunscreen on my face.
However, this had a slight tint to it so I didn’t like to use it on my neck in case it stained my clothing.
For that reason I wouldn't repurchase.

The ordinary argireline serum, “Botox in a bottle,” already purchased a replacement, I do notice a smoother forehead and less dryness with this. On my 3rd bottle - tattle recommendation
Boots hyaluronic sleep mask - another rattle recc, have my 4/5th replacement lined up
Medik8 crystal retinal - my skin loves this!
Verden bath oil - loved this, would repurchase, but have others to use up
First aid beauty barrier repair - skin loves this

Reactions: 7
Liz Earle cleanse and polish - replacement already purchased. My go to for god knows how many years!

• Heart
Is this gentler than retinol?
It’s a different thing, I use both. I find it very gentle. It’s a peptide which almost freezes the area, so you get less lines. It also seems to plump them a little, and also I notice a bit more moisture being retained. I tap this into my forehead before other serums and moisturiser in the morning

Kérastase Chroma Absolu shampoo. Hated the smell and I'm glad I'm done with it. I liked what it did to my hair but, ugh, the smell!!

The ordinary argireline serum, “Botox in a bottle,” already purchased a replacement, I do notice a smoother forehead and less dryness with this. On my 3rd bottle - tattle recommendation
Boots hyaluronic sleep mask - another rattle recc, have my 4/5th replacement lined up
Medik8 crystal retinal - my skin loves this!
Verden bath oil - loved this, would repurchase, but have others to use up
First aid beauty barrier repair - skin loves this
I would recommend the eye creams from medik8 too. Which number have you used of the retinal? I’ve finished 3 so heading for 6 next.

Ordinary hair growth serum - staple for me, already had another
Clinique moisture surge moisturiser - really nice, I’ve always got on with Clinique moisturisers

Apothecary calm body wash (advent calendar) - used as bubble bath, not my scent

Lacura advanced night repair serum - really loved this, would clear the shelves if it came back, feels like it went fast though
Old stick lip balm and 2x Morphe lip liners (received in error) - made myself a brown tinted lip balm that I’ve also been using as bronzer. Was excited just to quickly use up 3 items that could’ve been around for a lifetime but I actually really liked what I made

W7 nail oil - came in a dip powder set in a nail varnish type bottle. Was really really nice to use

Reactions: 4
No7 Lift and Luminate serum concealer - pleasant for under the eyes , quite creamy , would repurchase , lasts a long time

Reactions: 1