Shannen Joyce #9 Liar Scammer Liar Moaner Liar Bully Liar Troller

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New to this one and she is boiling my piss no end. Also the narrative that anyone questioning her is unsympathetic to her illness and wants her to die or something. Jesus Christ, what a spiteful narrative to be spinning when a lot of those people might be going through or have gone through cancer themselves. I actually can’t believe a cancer survivor would be so bleeping spiteful….but here she is.

I wouldn’t wish the disease on anyone and I hope that her health is improving. But…if she had an ounce of moral decency she’d try and make the GFM situation right, even if she is convinced that no-one minds what she spends it on. So much good could be done with that kind of money for people who aren’t as fortunate in terms of finances during a cancer diagnosis, or cancer research, or any other good cause that she saw fit to donate to. She has the power to end this story in the right way, by doing the right thing. She chooses not to.

You can have tremendous sympathy for her past experience and health issues whilst also thinking she is way out of line with her behaviour around the GFM. To tar us all as haters or people hoping she falls down with the disease is how fraudsters get away with what they do. Shannen has the ability to end this, but clearly her ill-gotten gains mean more to her than all the other cancer patients she could help if she did the right thing with the money. As for the one with the twins….I’d need another day for that oxygen thief!

I think Bren has handled herself really well here and should be applauded for pursuing what is right when she has her own battles she’s fighting that are much more important. People negging her for it should be utterly ashamed of themselves, Shannen included.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I am not sure how she can say no one cares what she spent the money on when daily she is blocking people who ask

Reactions: 14
Now do we think the baba is sick or do we think she needed a cover about why she is so quiet for the next few days 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think fellow Tattlers I’ll say my piece and then I’ll leave it at that.
I donated to Shannens GFM because she was a young girl going through Transplant the same as me. I’ve been around the cancer block for many years and been friends with many transplant patients not here to tell their tale anymore.
Briefly my transplant process was horrendous my husband had to work there was a mortgage to be paid so I spent a lot of time on my own both in hospital and the apartment. When I did get home even though I had to travel to Dublin 3 times a week as I was still technically employed I was turned down for Free Travel. I ran up huge debt in a year related to travel and hotel costs when I was too ill to come home.

When I read about Shannens story my thoughts went to my debts and also what treatment would be available if she relapsed again. My thought process was make things a little easier for this family. I actually had no issue with her purchasing a car I vividly remember my husband’s heap of crap breaking down on the Motorway as he was driving to James when I got bad news so a car would be a great help to her.

My issue with Shannen initially started one day when I was watching her stories she was trying to flog vitiams, now to patients who are on treatment or immunosuppressive medication these things can be toxic. I then read her update on GFM that she was going to pay the excess funds forward and change some life’s and I thought that’s amazing some people who couldn’t possibly raise funds will get a little bit of help. A bit of help to keep the heating on longer or pay the orthodontist bill that’s not getting paid because mum/dad now has cancer.

The the barrage of lies started, the constant calling TROLL, the blocking of anyone who asked a question and of course the treatment of our Missy Brenda, a lady with style and grace. As a transplant survivor myself I have the deepest of empathy for what Shannen has gone through.
She is so lucky to have survived we both are. However hand on my heart is someone had offered me 1000 euro from their GFM to cover a months trains when I needed it I would have kissed their feet.

So from my perspective the money is gone and Her half hearted apology to Brenda is the only one she will ever get. We will never no the truth, she can’t remember her own lies. I wish her the very best of luck and good health going forward, she’s going to need it Ireland is a small country and it’s people have long memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
2 things that struck me the last few days about this saga is
A) why would anyone donate money when the target of 10,000 was reached .
B) why was this missey one sending Shannen messages on fake accounts for a no. Of years ??

Reactions: 4
I think fellow Tattlers I’ll say my piece and then I’ll leave it at that.
I donated to Shannens GFM because she was a young girl going through Transplant the same as me. I’ve been around the cancer block for many years and been friends with many transplant patients not here to tell their tale anymore.
Briefly my transplant process was horrendous my husband had to work there was a mortgage to be paid so I spent a lot of time on my own both in hospital and the apartment. When I did get home even though I had to travel to Dublin 3 times a week as I was still technically employed I was turned down for Free Travel. I ran up huge debt in a year related to travel and hotel costs when I was too ill to come home.

When I read about Shannens story my thoughts went to my debts and also what treatment would be available if she relapsed again. My thought process was make things a little easier for this family. I actually had no issue with her purchasing a car I vividly remember my husband’s heap of crap breaking down on the Motorway as he was driving to James when I got bad news so a car would be a great help to her.

My issue with Shannen initially started one day when I was watching her stories she was trying to flog vitiams, now to patients who are on treatment or immunosuppressive medication these things can be toxic. I then read her update on GFM that she was going to pay the excess funds forward and change some life’s and I thought that’s amazing some people who couldn’t possibly raise funds will get a little bit of help. A bit of help to keep the heating on longer or pay the orthodontist bill that’s not getting paid because mum/dad now has cancer.

The the barrage of lies started, the constant calling TROLL, the blocking of anyone who asked a question and of course the treatment of our Missy Brenda, a lady with style and grace. As a transplant survivor myself I have the deepest of empathy for what Shannen has gone through.
She is so lucky to have survived we both are. However hand on my heart is someone had offered me 1000 euro from their GFM to cover a months trains when I needed it I would have kissed their feet.

So from my perspective the money is gone and Her half hearted apology to Brenda is the only one she will ever get. We will never no the truth, she can’t remember her own lies. I wish her the very best of luck and good health going forward, she’s going to need it Ireland is a small country and it’s people have long memories.
So well put. I hope you are doing well now x
I was the woman who asked her about the GFM yesterday. I watched her posts about Brenda and couldn’t get over the fact that she still didn’t even try to address the money issue after all her promises. I’m blocked now of course so I didn’t even get the chance to respond to her reply. Of course I have huge sympathy for what she has been through. I wish no ill health or badness on her but the way she is treating others now is disgraceful.

Reactions: 7
did she not say earlier before gfm that she needed treatment abroad, isnt that why the gfm was started, most cancer treatment is free, she got wig free from Pelo , shes on sick leave from work and i do know laya pays u , so why did she need a gfm
Also she said that Barry would need to give up his job to care for her and Roisin, so he would have no income...... BUT that also never happened, he never stopped working, even during the pandemic, he was getting the PUP payment and doing nixers.....LIES LIES LIES

• Wow
Reactions: 20
B) why was this missey one sending Shannen messages on fake accounts for a no. Of years ??
I can only speak to the first point - the answer is cancer can be long and expensive, and people want to be generous to someone who is struggling. When you receive a diagnosis (first or returning) you have no idea how long your path will be. Who will pay your mortgage? Watch your kids so your partner can visit you? Pay for in-home care so your family catch a break? Anyone who has been through it would be eager to help. It’s an open-ended thing until it isn’t, and there would have been lots of uncertainty for a young family. Maybe she’d never work again? Maybe a relative would have to give up work to look after her? The financial possibilities are endless.

It boggles my mind that she’s not getting professional PR advice on this because brazening it out is not the way to handle this. Then I guess she might be too tight with other peoples’ money to pay a professional to crisis manage this for her. She could quite easily admit that people donated believing it was for something else - or even become Saint Shannen and say there are other people who need it more than her - and just donate x portion to charity. Halo unscathed Shannen.

We watch and wait🙄

Reactions: 6
Has anyone got screenshots of the update Shannen made in January 2021 on the GFM page?

Reactions: 2
Someone in those screenshots said the original target was 10k. I had no idea it was so low!
It just seems totally bizarre that Go Fund Me hasn't some kind of policy to stop fundraisers once they reach target, or at least monitor and investigate any amount that's say, 10/15% over the original target - especially when it relates to something medical.

Wouldn't you love if this case reached the head honchos in Go Fund Me and it was used as part of new legislation!
Yes, it was €10,000, a number that must have been decided on at the beginning to be enough. A good question for Shannen would be why it was not stopped by her at that point. Who decided that at some point, €174,000 wasn’t enough but €175,000 was? If she was going to donate the remainder, why close it at that point? Why did she not keep it going? At some level, I believe that she decided that €175,000 was a good amount for HER TO KEEP considering that people were still donating.
It would be a simple and significant change to GFM to cap the target.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Look I think one way or another this is a lesson for us all. There is a whole grey area around gofundme's. You can donate and all you can do is hope that the money you donate is going towards the intended cause. In reality you have no way of knowing and no control over it either. If you are still happy to donate then go ahead and if you are not then dont.
Personally for me my eyes were opened to gofunfme's long before Shannen and I also think people + money can often lead to trouble. I wont donate to anyone I dont know personally and even at that I am very cautious.
Your so right im the same I dont anymore even for children because they say its for medical expenses which isn't fact in most cases .
A lot of the money is used for other expenses like luxury goods etc.
All perfectly fine to do that but not under the guise of medical expenses to get that money in the first place..
I donated to one where again it was stated for medical expenses and accommodation .
The medical side was covered by the state and a charity funded the familys accommodation.
Again a eye watering amount was raised not a single up date on how the money was going to be used.
In my opinion this has to stop GFM has to be more accountable and transparent.
Imagion a registered charity getting 200 grand and never haveing to account for it they would be up roar

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She was also offered hospital accommodation but it wasn't good enough for her so she rented an upmarket apartment that was barely used.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
This ‘Missy One’ as you called me firstly didn’t become aware of Shannen until last year so your ‘number of years’ reference is wrong.
Secondly Shannen repeatedly blocked me so I sent messages from other accounts.
Thirdly have a read back through the numerous threads here relating to Shannen and this ‘Missy One’ wouldn’t have to give you the courtesy of a reply.
Have a great day @winterblu
Brenda 💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think people are forgetting that at the time of shannen getting the baby grows was around the time that the go fund me was created because everyone was horrified - Loads of well known “influencers” shared it because of the baby grow incident and the reason it got to such a high level. If that baby grow incident had never of happened no one would know shannen. And at the time I followed her, and the first thought was the baby grow incident was made up. It was never mentioned after the go fund me took off and it’s now like it never happened. But she can keep going on about trolls on tattle. I can smell bullshit! I’d be traumatised if someone sent that type of thing to my home address and I’d be getting Garda help on that one. She shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Reactions: 18
I can only speak to the first point - the answer is cancer can be long and expensive, and people want to be generous to someone who is struggling. When you receive a diagnosis (first or returning) you have no idea how long your path will be. Who will pay your mortgage? Watch your kids so your partner can visit you? Pay for in-home care so your family catch a break? Anyone who has been through it would be eager to help. It’s an open-ended thing until it isn’t, and there would have been lots of uncertainty for a young family. Maybe she’d never work again? Maybe a relative would have to give up work to look after her? The financial possibilities are endless.

It boggles my mind that she’s not getting professional PR advice on this because brazening it out is not the way to handle this. Then I guess she might be too tight with other peoples’ money to pay a professional to crisis manage this for her. She could quite easily admit that people donated believing it was for something else - or even become Saint Shannen and say there are other people who need it more than her - and just donate x portion to charity. Halo unscathed Shannen.

We watch and wait🙄
I absolutely know how cancer can effect family’s , my best friend fought Cancer and unfortunately left behind a husband a very young family . For nearly 2yrs she travelled up & down to Dublin often having to spend wks at a time in hospital up there . So I absolutely get it but when a Gfm has a target if 10k and it surpasses that 18 times over then would not sort and think for a second . Shannon’s treatment was all free , my friend had to pay for some of her treatment and not in a million years would she entertain the idea of a Gmf .
She is a PR nightmare , doing that podcast was career ending . She obviously isn’t being advised .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.