Shannen Joyce #7 Run run as fast as you can, you will eventually be exposed for your GFM scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s actually been grand and quiet without her. She’s not missed. But I’m sure she has 10000000 messages from her loyal fans begging her to come back and needing their Shan fix. Pity a few more of them wouldn’t take a hint.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
See, this is what annoys me.

Her plan is working. In a matter of days, this forum gathered enough momentum for people to start questioning who she was, what she used the money for. She was being held accountable for the first time since the GFH was started.
She clapped back, became angry. Called everyone trolls. You could see the stress and sheer panic starting to hit her.

No doubt she was given advice to fade off into the background for a few months. She "deleted" her Insta, set up a private one. In a matter of weeks, it's all settled down. People have moved onto something else.
Now, don't get me wrong - it's not this forums fault. She's clever, in that what can we talk about when she's "no longer there".

Just because her page is gone, doesn't mean the issue goes away. She still needs to answer for her actions. She's sitting pretty in her little hideaway in Youghal - no doubt checking in daily on this page, delighted with how it's fading out day by day.
Let's keep this going.

Reactions: 16
See, this is what annoys me.

Her plan is working. In a matter of days, this forum gathered enough momentum for people to start questioning who she was, what she used the money for. She was being held accountable for the first time since the GFH was started.
She clapped back, became angry. Called everyone trolls. You could see the stress and sheer panic starting to hit her.

No doubt she was given advice to fade off into the background for a few months. She "deleted" her Insta, set up a private one. In a matter of weeks, it's all settled down. People have moved onto something else.
Now, don't get me wrong - it's not this forums fault. She's clever, in that what can we talk about when she's "no longer there".

Just because her page is gone, doesn't mean the issue goes away. She still needs to answer for her actions. She's sitting pretty in her little hideaway in Youghal - no doubt checking in daily on this page, delighted with how it's fading out day by day.
Let's keep this going.
100% !! I’m gone nowhere just waiting on her to come back

Reactions: 6
Yeah the second she is back the thread will explode. If we kept at it now it might appear trolling as she technically isn't doing anything!! Sitting and Waiting Shannen!

Reactions: 8
Oh don't you worry I'm waiting in the wings for her to re-appear. Tick tock Shannen, that blue tick doesn't last forever....

Reactions: 6
I've said it weeks ago, predicted it!

The Social Media breakdown. Closes account. Takes time out for her mental health/focus on her family and wellbeing.
She'll do this for 6-8 weeks.

She'll be back. A new and improved Shannen. She'll say she went for counseling due to the "trolling" backlash and reevaluated her life & priorities. It wouldn't surprise me if she'll have teamed up with some charity in the meantime to "give back".
She'll make some abstract, bullshit comment about the GoFundMe and the money - to "address" it. All the lick arse media outlets RSVP, her.ie etc. will praise her strength and she'll be back posting about her crunchy nut cornflakes whilst maintaining her butter wouldn't melt, sweety pie, doe-eyed Cork girl act.

Mark my words!

Initially I emailed RTE re: the whole GoFundMe thing. The lack of accountability. The untraceability factor. The fact that practically anybody can make up a story and have unlimited funds donated by kind-hearted people.
I was contacted by a researcher and had an hour long chat.
Used our Cork girl as an example. Researcher got back in touch to say it's something they're looking into however, lots of red tape but definitely something they are pursuing.
It's something I'm incredibly passionate about. Especially in these times, when people are struggling so terribly - you have others that relish in the selfishness. I'm not letting this go!

Don't want to say anyone as I know Miss J is watching intently.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’d say Liveline would Love a topic like this. Don’t have to name Shannen but everyone will Know who it is.

Reactions: 11

The Social Media breakdown. Closes account. Takes time out for her mental health/focus on her family and wellbeing.

She'll be back. A new and improved Shannen. She'll say she went for counseling due to the "trolling" backlash and reevaluated her life & priorities. It wouldn't surprise me if she'll have teamed up with some charity in the meantime to "give back".
She'll make some abstract, bullshit comment about the GoFundMe and the money - to "address" it. All the lick arse media outlets RSVP, her.ie etc. will praise her strength and she'll be back posting about her crunchy nut cornflakes whilst maintaining her butter wouldn't melt, sweety pie, doe-eyed Cork girl act.

Mark my words!

Initially I emailed RTE re: the whole GoFundMe thing. The lack of accountability. The untraceability factor. The fact that practically anybody can make up a story and have unlimited funds donated by kind-hearted people.
Used our Cork girl as an example. Researcher got back in touch to say it's something they're looking into however, lots of red tape but definitely something they are pursuing.
It's something I'm incredibly passionate about. Especially in these times, when people are struggling so terribly - you have others that relish in the selfishness. I'm not letting this go!

Wow well done, I am sure there is loads of interest not just on tv but as mentioned liveline. As someone mentioned previously, there’s so much red tape around it and potential backlash of accusing an ex cancer patient of this. In that sense she is lucky but she should take a hard look at that scenario and read the room and give back.
She is 100% hoping this thread closes down, from what I’ve read on here her entire town and company feel let down so it won’t stop with this thread.

to keep the thread alive I will give an example of why it’s not only morally sound but important to give back funds raised to the original cause it was raised for. A close friends father passed away from cancer before Christmas. It was always going to happen, she was constantly back and forth visiting which required a flight and short notice. Her dad did not leave behind any savings or retirement, she doesn’t have a great relationship with her mother. The funeral was taken care of but now she is left supporting her mother on a single wage. It would be great if there was a fund for things like this, that would provide relief to families in bereavement. I’m sure there is but am also sure that most charities are underfunded. Perhaps if there was some sort of help or financial means of paying for treatments etc, he could have left something behind for her. We’ll never know but this is my personal input on why she should donate what she has left.

Reactions: 5
GFM needs a big shake up when a fund reaches its target it should be capped at that amount
But that rarely happens I think an element of greed creeps in when the money starts rolling in.
It actually beggars belief that people can get so much money in to their bank accounts without any quistions asked after what was the funds used for .
It's not taxable you dont have to declare it if your going for a medical card or social welfare etc .
And I really think saying it's to pay for treatment has to be looked into the vast majority of treatments are fully covered both for adults and children.
Why cant they be honest and say it's for day to day expenses.
I tell you why that wouldent pull on the heart strings as much as saying for treatment cost and not as much money would be raised.
It is very rare any GFM gives an update after the money is raised.

I definitely think the Gfm needs to be regulated .
But Shannen hadn’t legally done Anything wrong , I think she has been made a scape goat and i find the witch-hunt on here abit uncomfortable tbh . She has been through an awful lot wounds heal but words don’t .
I do hope something good comes out of all this and they will be some regulations around gfm in the future . I havnt followed her since she got the all clear and tbh without cancer she isn’t that interesting . I don’t think it was right keeping all that money either but I do hope she is ok .

Reactions: 4
But Shannen hadn’t legally done Anything wrong , I think she has been made a scape goat and i find the witch-hunt on here abit uncomfortable tbh . She has been through an awful lot wounds heal but words don’t .
I do hope something good comes out of all this and they will be some regulations around gfm in the future . I havnt followed her since she got the all clear and tbh without cancer she isn’t that interesting . I don’t think it was right keeping all that money either but I do hope she is ok .
Wounds heal but words don’t!! Are you taking the piss saying something like that to defend Shannen?? You’ve seen what Shannen said to our Missy and you come here with that?? Sure it wasn’t illegal but it was horrific, immoral and disgusting

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wounds heal but words don’t!! Are you taking the piss saying something like that to defend Shannen?? You’ve seen what Shannen said to our Missy and you come here with that?? Sure it wasn’t illegal but it was horrific, immoral and disgusting
For someone going through an awful lot as you said you think and expect she would have more empathy for a fellow cancer sufferer.

Mark my words!

Brilliant! Has anyone contacted the Neil Prenderville show on Corks Red FM? He loves a good drama and stirring shite and now that Shannens friend Brenda has left the show as producer, it mightn't be as hard to get through/in contact.

Reactions: 3
How has she been "made" a scapegoat exactly?🤔

Reactions: 8
Witch hunt 🙄🙄🙄

Wounds heal but words don't... The only bad words against a person were hers to Missey.

By the way we all hope she will be 'Ok' no one wishes any harm towards her. What was wanted was an apology to Missey and the truth about the GFM. Her insta career is in ruins over her own words and actions no one here's.

Reactions: 20
Got my donation back from GFM by lodging a complaint against the fundraiser (do it through the GFM page). I'll donate it to someone who actually will use it for the specified purpose.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.