Shannen Joyce #12 Snug by SJ, a chancer, a taker, a candle stick maker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow her GFM has really taken off today, earlier today it was at £54k and just now it’s at £143k, the power of influencing! I really feel for her and the desperation in her voice is heartbreaking 😢 But I can’t donate to a GFM after seeing Scammems fiasco.
Edited to add I agree on that Mexico place preying on the vulnerable 😞
And how much are they looking for?
See this is my biggest problem with GFM's there should be a cap. Once you hit a target people shouldn't be able to keep donating.
I'm sorry but people get greedy, even people who are unwell.
It's just not right!!

Reactions: 8
Stupid question and I hope I don’t offend anyone that donated 🙈but why the hell was there such a large GFM made for her? Like yes she had cancer and that is awful but she wasn’t terminal and the treatment in this country is free…. I just can’t understand how, firstly, the GFM was set up and secondly, how it was left to skyrocket to 140k 🤯

Reactions: 12
Target was £140k when I looked at it earlier and it’s past that now and still going up, these GFM’s really need to be stopped when target is achieved

Came on to ask if Scammen shared the GFM as all the other instahuns are on the bandwagon!!! I no longer follow that liar! Assuming from the above she didn’t? Too close to home Shannen?!!

Reactions: 5
Stupid question and I hope I don’t offend anyone that donated 🙈but why the hell was there such a large GFM made for her? Like yes she had cancer and that is awful but she wasn’t terminal and the treatment in this country is free…. I just can’t understand how, firstly, the GFM was set up and secondly, how it was left to skyrocket to 140k 🤯
Scammens was originally set at 10k... so 20times more.
I have a friend who GFM for cancer treatment for 100k and when it got close the family took turns watching the second it got there they shut it down. Thankfully treatment worked and there on still trucking in but now can manage costs from their own pocket.

The people setting these up need to be responsible (lets naively assume the person raising is too ill to monitor) But from memory Scammen continued sharing!

• Heart
Scammens was originally set at 10k... so 20times more.
I have a friend who GFM for cancer treatment for 100k and when it got close the family took turns watching the second it got there they shut it down. Thankfully treatment worked and there on still trucking in but now can manage costs from their own pocket.

The people setting these up need to be responsible (lets naively assume the person raising is too ill to monitor) But from memory Scammen continued sharing!
Thanks for the info😊 how did she get so much though? She was relatively unknown before she made up the story about the babygro wasnt she?

Reactions: 5
My husband is stage 4 with a terminal diagnosis. When we were told the illness had progressed we asked the oncologist about overseas treatments etc. His exact words were that they will take your money but that is no guarantee of anything and there are centres in the US (highly unregulated) that prey on peoples desperation for a cure. He is very well respected for his knowledge on the type of cancer he treats. He said he knows people want to try anything but it's ridiculous how much people will pay and how much people will have taken from them. Plus sadly you pay upfront.. and if you can't handle the full course of treatment - very common with immunotherapy (first hand experience on this) all that money is lost. The best hope is getting on clinical trials and in most cases these are free.

Saying all that if I thought a million euro could cure my OH I'd be straight into the bank 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
My husband is stage 4 with a terminal diagnosis. When we were told the illness had progressed we asked the oncologist about overseas treatments etc. His exact words were that they will take your money but that is no guarantee of anything and there are centres in the US (highly unregulated) that prey on peoples desperation for a cure. He is very well respected for his knowledge on the type of cancer he treats. He said he knows people want to try anything but it's ridiculous how much people will pay and how much people will have taken from them. Plus sadly you pay upfront.. and if you can't handle the full course of treatment - very common with immunotherapy (first hand experience on this) all that money is lost. The best hope is getting on clinical trials and in most cases these are free.

Saying all that if I thought a million euro could cure my OH I'd be straight into the bank 😞
Sending you strength and hugs and prayers for your husband xx. I lost a family member to Stage 4 and it’s absolutely heartbreaking to know that there’s no cure to help them

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Sending you and your husband ❤ xx

My own thoughts are if these treatments worked the Irish government would be making money off them and also be available in all other countries - I thinkn they are preying on people who will.do anything to beat cancer 😢

Thanks for the info😊 how did she get so much though? She was relatively unknown before she made up the story about the babygro wasnt she?
Yeah baby gro happened then the GFM was set up.. in good faith I believe! Then all the hunzos were sharing and it spiralled completely. I remember MrsMakeUp on bawling.
None of them would touch her now though.
They should all reflect on that though.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched that girls story it's incredibly sad and I'd imagine I would be the exact same , so desperate for help for anything to work it must be such a scary thought. But if this lady's news was she has weeks to live I'd imagine she is actively dying so that place in Mexico really is preying on the vulnerable . I hope this girl gets some peace of mind and would love a miracle for her but I feel the latter is not going to happen . In saying that I'd rather donate to the likes of this knowing it's impossible for treatment to save her then the shitshow that is Scammen , but then how can you tell whos genuine or not . I actually forgot about the babygro saga until was mentioned today like I duno what's worse that or the gfm 🙈🙈

• Sad
Go fund me’s are bull. The original amount should be it. No extra. I feel for this poor girl & wish her well but we need regulation around all this money.

Reactions: 13
The fact you can say any extra will go towards XXXX
if you need money for something and people donate for treatment and XXXX obviously shouldn't exist but that needs to be taxed and assumed as income

Reactions: 4
Jesus Christ almost 200000k now…. I hope that poor girls gets a bit of a boost by going to those charlatans in Mexico… it’s an awful situation but if it gives her a few more good days, so be it…
GFM are so dirty and murky…… they need proper regulations

Reactions: 7
It is INSANE how none of the instahuns around Scammen are not turning to her and saying ‘hey, don’t you have any cash left over from YOUR GFm that you could give this desperate woman?’

I mean whatever about whether mexico is legit or not, wouldn’t you think there’d be a conversation about it at least?

Also, unrelated, I’m shocked if roisin isn’t being offered some sort of music or play therapy for what she’s endured: her mam had cancer three times so spent a LONG time away from home and very unwell, then her parents split up. And we know that her mam isn’t very present anyway. That’s a LOT of trauma to process. No wonder she’s acting out. Hopefully someone can see it for what it is

Reactions: 18
There seems to be two GFMs for that woman. One has a target of £120,000 and the other £140,000. Serious money has been raised. The £120,000 one seems to be running for a couple of years. Some influencers are sharing one and some sharing the other. Not surprised that Scammen didn’t share!

CE4D0F9B-9F0F-41EA-B07B-AD2C1264A943.png

B590B9FA-6447-4650-9CDB-2B01BD08D2BD.png

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.