Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Using a 2 second clip of Marcus's desperate Shane and Jake video is the most relevant he's been in about 4 years!

If Katie has 500k subs, has done videos with loads of big names and team 10 are all about YouTube it's silly to think they can pretend she's a producer.

Right watching this. Shane is going a bit overboard on the "oh my gods" walking up to the house. Hasn't he seen any of his videos and knows he lives in a mansion?

This Katie is getting woorse, I doubt she could pass GCSE physiology.

Shane seems a bit in awe of him, all the merch sales the big house.

Over the top on screen titles saying "risk taker" after Jake says he likes fast cars and adrenaline, thanks for that I'd have never guessed.

I don't get why Jake is so butt hurt over people leaving. Isn't team 10 an incubator where people come and then go?

I don't believe Jake and Erika with this whole accidentally having digs at ex members then saying oh no one knows that, we don't talk about it. Jake is so dead behind the eyes and slow to answer every question carefully thinking about it.

Katie prompting for questions is terrible, she not convincing at all.

Didn't really learn anything new and just ended with Shane saying he had an off camera discussion that explained everything. Just more teasing for a payoff that may never come. Lots of the clips used have been shown to be totally taken out of context to mislead and add drama as they are shown in full.

If this was the first part I'd say it's an alright job so far, but this is part 5. The last 3 hours I've watched were just wasting my time and totally unnesisarry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Coincidentally I follow Sarah Hawkinson who happens to be in the intro for a few seconds too. In her latest vlog she told that Shane texted her and asked for her opinion after he saw her criticism in one of her vlogs (from which he used the footage). So now I'm wondering if he's doing the same thing with everyone he uses footage from? How does even the copyright work? Can you just use footage from youtube videos without an approval?

I can't stand the whole Kati narrative. She lost all of her professional integrity with her behaviour and wordings. As you said it really doesn't make any sense that they would honestly "believe" this producer-shitshow. As Shane wrote in his Disclaimer they even KNEW something like this would happen and after Nick Crompton told that everything is just fake and acting I also don't believe the foreshadowing of shocked Erika when they'll tell her Kati is (whoaaaaaat!) not the ACTUAL producer. It adds NOTHING to the storytelling and interrupting the flow. Kati is def the wrong person to ask about a professional opinion and it'd be much better if Shane just talks to Andrew instead

the only thing I disagree: I don't think Jake is slow in answering because he carefully thinks about it, but because he is just ... well... a little bit slow in his head :ROFLMAO:

I'm curious what's "the big tea" in the next episodes. That Jake is still hurt and heartbroken because his (ex) girlfriend slept with his brother? But we knew that. And when they're more discovering this ex-situation I hope they hear every side of it (Jakes, Alissas AND Logans). Please let it be more than a heartbroken boy, maybe some more of his very very questionable dad and brother (obviously Jake is the most immature but also the most harmless of them...)

Reactions: 3

Yel

Ha yes he could just be slow, the cogs were grinding slowly in his head.

From the preview it looks like they are going to spin that "assault" as the assistant was lying. When I think they were all in on that lie and it was probably Jake's idea to turn a bump into a club into a serious assault to get back at his ex.

As for using clips, they can use anything under fair use and don't need permission. Long as it's a small part that doesn't take away from the original video, but fair use is a bit of a minefield. One of the girls in the other parts has been complaining that she wasn't contacted so I think he's now letting people know / asking for permission.

Reactions: 2
I’ve not watched today’s upload just yet but I did watch this over the weekend, Shane himself drew attention to it on part 2 of this 82 part series.

It’s the True Geordie podcast, all 2 hours worth. But the first 40 min covers all the Shane Dawson conversation.
I agree with so much of what he says, Geordie can be an arse but his usually always right on things like this.
However he’s not exactly innocent when it comes to bending over backwards to accommodate the Paul’s

Part 6 coming Thursday.
Part 7 Thanksgiving.
Part 8 Christmas eve
Part 9 Boxing Day. 2019
Part 10. Easter Sunday. Jake Paul rises from the dead as Jesus Paul.

?

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't bother watching part 5, nothing really in it.

I'm so over this whole series, wish he would just release what is left then move on to something new like better health and Kati. It's been hours of promotion always for the next episode, then we find out the teasers were edited to be misleading.

It's so beyond a joke, just stick to a bloody schedule. I'm just hoping for Alissa to spill the tea.

I think Shane would be better off just not replying to coments like that.

I think he's great usually, but the Jake Paul stuff didn't need the three+ hours of preamble. Most of the editing probably took a long time using all those dramatic clips and music in the Kati interview that no one really liked.

1 minute into it and I'm already annoyed that the last trailer tricked the viewers into thinking Jake saying "the beef was all real" was about Logan and Alisa when it was actually about him and deji.

So many cheap tricks Shane has used to mislead the viewer. It's not doing him any favours.

Spent ages going on about how nice and lovley Jake and erica are and how they are putting tents up not even for a video...apart from it is for a video as Shane's filming. Theyev been with them for an hour or two and he's very powerful of course they are going to seem all nice and lovley. Shane's probably the most powerful person in the media at the moment. That's easy to fake being nice and misunderstood just being with someone for a few hours.

As predicted they blame the assault allocation on the ex assistant, who they no longer have contact with.

Lots of cutting of the camera for private conversations, kinda defeats the point of it all.

Erica and Shane going on for ages about poor Jake Paul, the pressure he's under, all the people that have betrayed him, he's surrounded by yes men while sad slow piano music plays. Oh come on :rolleyes:

Kati and Shane have come to the conclusion he's a good person and misunderstood after just a few hours.

This isnt good or interesting. 8 minutes left and I've given up.

Ugh I watched the last bit, Shane going on about all the conversations he had of camera and how it's not really his place to ask them on camera for YouTube?! Wtf are you there for then Shane?

Then saying how he's so different in real life, everyone knows he just plays up for the camera and probably just mopes around when it's not rolling. Not a suprise.

"He gives to People, he bought a home for everyone to live in for free." Err kati that's more of a workspace and employers often provide the workspace for their workers. Stupid point.

Only two parts left and it's all been a damp squib.

Edit I don't get how all of these videos of Shane's are getting 99% likes. They're really not very good.

Last edited:
The sociopath stuff has been put in to drag out the series, cos Jake is boring af, but also to set up Logan as the sociopath, so that even a scumbag like Jake is gonna look good compared to a sociopath. Poor Jake he’s just the product of bad parenting and a sociopath brother, it’s not his fault he’s behaved like a total scumbag. :cry::sick: The way Shane and kati are saying Jake‘s so nice, like they expect him to be horrible when Shane comes over with a camera to make a series :rolleyes: WTF. Jake knows how to act, he knows how to manipulate, to put on a front and lie.

Reactions: 1
This body language analysis is pretty good and far better than watching the actual doc

Tea and toast I've moved your post here as the other thread was rave. And noone is raving about Shane at the moment;)

I’ve never been more angry or disappointed in a series. Shane Dawson uploads
an 8 part series that does nothing but prove that Mrs nice guywants to be the Oprah of YouTube and nothing more.
This was painful to watch, seriously painful. The effort that went into painting Jake Paul as a vulnerable little lost boy, damaged by his family and the friends that have used him and thrown him aside.....
Interesting to see that already Drama Alert have given a different side to some of the stories he’s spun.
Twitter are hailing him an absolute genius and Jake Paul is already back in the green and growing by the day.
Shane is a nice guy, which makes it impossible for him to produce anything but fluff content

My thoughts exactly @Oohthedrama , there's something to be said about someone that always looks for the good in people.

But Shane's approach just isn't suitable for this series. Hope you don't mind me changing the title - just to help people find it :)

I still don't get why people are being so positive about Shane and this whole series. Looking forward to it being over now

Well that was the best part, no major t spilt but Alissa has exposed both Jake and Logan for being uncaring selfish guys with a few good examples that sound very real. Logan ignoring her when she was crying in the car right after filming his video and just saying "I'm busy, you've given me permission I can legally release it" was probably the most damaging. He's loosing subs.

The last episode won't be that good, glad this is just about over.

Reactions: 5