Shamima Begum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When would they deem that to be the case though...when she’s 99 and incapable of rational thought and physical ability ?
No idea to be honest. Maybe they will have to find a way for her to have a fair hearing without compromising public safety.

Reactions: 1

Why would she want to come home? Surely she realises she would need 24/7 protection? Surely she realises her family would be put in danger?
Depends what the people she lives with and arounds views are though ?

Depends what the people she lives with and arounds views are though ?
Regardless of who she lives with, or the views of those around her, there are plenty of people who are disgusted with her and would be absolutely out to get her if she were to return. She would need protection.

Reactions: 6
Regardless of who she lives with, or the views of those around her, there are plenty of people who are disgusted with her and would be absolutely out to get her if she were to return. She would need protection.
Spose so but I guess it is a risk that she is more than willing to take. And it would be us tax payers footing the bill ultimately, for any protection/ identity change or relocation 😡

Reactions: 7
Spose so but I guess it is a risk that she is more than willing to take. And it would be us tax payers footing the bill ultimately, for any protection/ identity change or relocation 😡
I think witness protection would be impossible, almost the entire country could recognise her at this point. I would be worried about her going back to her old environment/family etc as they clearly weren't trying ot counter her extremist views, it is probably a pretty dangerous environment, even if she was not directly supported by family, they clearly didn;t try to talk about these issues etc

I’m annoyed she’s allowed tax payer money to fight this, it should be a no win no fee basis

I’m pleased she’s lost this round

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hope she is never allowed to return to the UK. I appreciate she was young when she left and maybe she did not fully understand the consequences of her actions.

But she chose to go, she chose to marry and have children with a Jihadi so for me she made her bed she should lie in it.

I hope she is never allowed to return to the UK. I appreciate she was young when she left and maybe she did not fully understand the consequences of her actions.

But she chose to go, she chose to marry and have children with a Jihadi so for me she made her bed she should lie in it.
honestly i think her family need to face some kind of consequences, wasn't there a thing about her dad having very extremist views?

I saw this on Instagram, what do you guys think?
I think 🖕.

Maybe there is some truth to her being groomed but national security has to come first.

She didn't have a gun to her head forcing her on to a plane. She could have told teachers, police, neighbours and asked for help but she chose to marry a Jihadi and then come crying back when her new life turned out to be 💩.

And yes I think her father needs to face some consequences.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The witch said she was okay with beheadings because she believed by Islam it was allowed. ISIS destroyed people all over the map, destroyed cultural heritage, absolutely terrorised people out of their homes and countries and caused a chain reaction of shitshow in places more than I care to count. They gave a voice to these shitstains and power. I don't think the grooming excuse is valid at this point. She's no longer a child, she seemed not a bit remorseful or horrified by the things she has witnessed and/or actively supported. The only reason she's desperate to go back is because the shoe is on the other foot now and somehow being in a (probably) hellhole prison in Middle East and not being one of the Big Scary Guys is no longer fun. I have absolutely zero affection for anyone who has supported any of this, at any point in their lives. I hope she isn't pardoned or allowed back into the UK or any other country than she is currently in. From me, personally, she gets no sympathy card.

• Heart
I remember seeing her interview back in 2019 and she said something like 'I can change' or 'i will change' not that she had changed.

And it was so obvious she was just saying what she thought needed to be said but there was no sincerity behind it.

I am so conflicted about this.

I think what she did was disgusting, but she was so clearly manipulated and brainwashed by the propaganda ISIS release, they aim it at young vulnerable people who feel out of place in the world they live on. And a lot of British Bangladeshi/Pakistani etc people feel this way due to the way they are treated by white British people and the systemic racism that does exist in this country. I would like to make it clear I absolutely do not think that this is an excuse, she betrayed her home country in the worst possible way and I cannot fathom that these people deep down think what they are doing is right.

The thing I can’t get my head around is stripping her of her British citizenship...yes she also has Bangladeshi citezenship but she was born and raised in Britain and therefore brainwashed in Britain. The people of Bangladesh are not ISIS supporters and quite rightly do not want her there either. I don’t know what the right answer is...I hate the thought of her being here because she turned against the country she was born and bred in and if she were to come back here, it would be the very people she was willing to see be killed by ISIS who would be financially supporting her, caring for her in the NHS etc. but at the same time I think to myself, why should Bangladesh be lumped with her? And I can’t imagine the refugee camp will house her forever, so who’s problem does she become?

So yeah completely conflicted, on the one hand I think the decision made was the correct decision but on the other i think why should any other country and have to deal with her

This is a populist agenda setting dangerous precedent.

Removal of citizenship from a UK born citizen is very troubling regardless of circumstance. Especially when done without any trial.

I’d be fine if she faced life in jail. Removing her citizenship and forbidding entry sets a dangerous precedent. Whats next? What if some whacko gov gets in power and declares BLM or LGBT terrorist organization? Revokes all its members citizenships on a whim without any trial.

• Heart
If she faced life in jail with no chance of parole then I would say reluctantly let her come back butshe would become a martyr and that creates it own problems.

Or even worse she would be released early and can she ever be trusted not to do the same again?

Reactions: 4
This is a populist agenda setting dangerous precedent.

Removal of citizenship from a UK born citizen is very troubling regardless of circumstance. Especially when done without any trial.

I’d be fine if she faced life in jail. Removing her citizenship and forbidding entry sets a dangerous precedent. Whats next? What if some whacko gov gets in power and declares BLM or LGBT terrorist organization? Revokes all its members citizenships on a whim without any trial.
THANK YOU. I've said this SO many times on this thread but people can't seem to look outside their own privilege to see this is not just about this girl. It's about ALL of us who do not tick that WHITE British box. This is 100% about setting a precedent for the future.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
The reason the ideology, motive whatever exists in the way that is does, has been allowed to breed in this country in the way it has, is because of our bend-over-backwards society.

Take countries that are clear about how they are run, their rules etc - locals are actually quite proud of the country they live in - welcome you to live there, but on THEIR terms. They never have to deal with this tit.

The U.K. is easily one of the MOST accommodating countries in the world. People are free to believe, dress and worship in ways that are most comfortable for them. There’s no pressure for anyone to conform to the mainstream (although that is disappearing before our eyes). Yet here we are as usual (because it’s so chic), crying to the rooftops about how racist we are. People flock here in droves looking for a better life. We give and we give and we give and it’s never enough. No one is proud to British anymore. It’s so sad.

Tell me, if you truly identify as a Brit, no matter how heinous you find air strikes etc in foreign countries, would you clap your hands with glee for your fellow Brits being murdered at a pop concert or indeed try to orchestrate something similar yourself or as part of a group?

People enable this all the time with the usual offended/horrified/traumatised by some far-right yob’s view on Twitter, whilst remaining indifferent or even empathetic towards those doing the bombing and beheading.
Here here and very brave of to say so 👍❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.