Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I’m seeing him all of the time on my tiktok! He’s obviously a social media influencer and not an actor. Which explains why he can’t act 🤣
Yep that was my thought too! 😂

its really annoying though! Like im all for representation and im sure when you hear youve been cast in a trans role you dont see it this way but the new cast were like a box ticking exercise.

The programme was really good because it spoke about real issues and it is a real issue to some people but ultimately a minority of people who ARE being represented in the media already, so why push crap actors and a crap storyline?

Reactions: 2
I think I might be the only one that actually quite liked this season 😂
I think you've all made super valid points and I do agree. Maybe it's the nostalgia or the randomness of it or something but I did like it more than I expected to!

Reactions: 5
I think you've all made super valid points and I do agree. Maybe it's the nostalgia or the randomness of it or something but I did like it more than I expected to!
I loved it!

Just finished s4 and I'm so disappointed by this series - it felt like a real chore to get through. The Maeve eps were my fave (the funeral part especially and the cooking scene with Jean), but Maeve episodes have always been my fave - the abortion ep from series 1 is one of those rare episodes that has stuck with me for years. I don't agree wth some of you that Emma Mackey seems to have "checked out" at all in terms of her acting. Loved her dark hair too

Aimee, Jean & her sister & the Groff's storylines were really sweet - still hate Isaac and hate that they paired Aimee off with him 🙄 all the new characters were annoying. Didn't care when Cal went missing as they have no personality, but glad the show touched on how difficult it is to get help as a trans person as I didn't know much about the transitioning surgery/hormone gel etc. Still love Eric ♥ Ruby deserved more. Hated O with every fibre of my being, her smug face and that stupid scooter was sooooo irritating

By the end, I was mainly watching for glimpses of Jean's fabulous William Morris wallpaper that I'm going to get all over my living room once my house decides to stop having damp problems... 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I also liked it. I nearly gave up after the first two episodes but I have Covid so I binged watched rest of it over last two days. Might be the Covid but I cried loads. I think there were a few too many storylines happening at once so I struggled to get invested in all of them and perhaps some were dealt with a bit too glibly. That said I liked all the stuff with Jean, Maeve and most definitely Adam and his dad. The show made some good points, I thought, around Maeve's background and lack of parenting and the impact of that on self esteem, processing your feelings and about equality and diversity. This season may not have been executed the best but in the end it was better than I had first expected.

I really enjoyed the last season too. I think they absolutely smashed the soundtrack. With or without you at the funeral caught me really off guard, and This Time Tomorrow by Brandi Carlile was a great feature.

I didn’t love the O storyline and could’ve done without it, as well as the new friendship group. I also wish we got an ‘ending’ for Ruby, but was happy with the way it went for Adam, Maeve, Otis, Aimee and Eric.

Maybe I went in with lower expectations because I’d seen a lot about people not enjoying it, but I finished it last night and was really content and emotional 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've finally finished this. It was OK but not a patch on what it used to be. Love Eric, Jean, Adam and Maeve. Nasty Isaac can get in the bin and I'm glad Ola wasn't in this one and Otis was really getting on my nerves by the end.

I actually felt it was quite irresponsible to depict trans characters that had undergone mastectomies and hormone treatment at such a young age as if that was a magic cure for dysphoria. Cal was boring but at least their experience felt more like reality.

It really was a ground breaking series but it kind of lost it's way a bit for me.

Reactions: 9
I’ve finished season 4. I love Eric and Adam and their stories but was hoping for more scenes with them together ❤

Finally finished.

I genuinely thought that this wokeness of the new school was a parody and the original characters would get everyone to lighten up a bit and not be so painfully woke so I was sad to see them get absorbed by that. It was terrible and ruined it.

Eric finding peace with his faith and sexuality was nice.

Ruby and Otis should have ended up together.

I like Adam and his Dad's redemption arc.

I'm glad it has ended because the painful wokeness was becoming a joke. If they could have kept it at the level it was in season 1 where it felt more realistic and genuinely representative of society, it would have been much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finally finished.

I genuinely thought that this wokeness of the new school was a parody and the original characters would get everyone to lighten up a bit and not be so painfully woke so I was sad to see them get absorbed by that. It was terrible and ruined it.

Eric finding peace with his faith and sexuality was nice.

Ruby and Otis should have ended up together.

I like Adam and his Dad's redemption arc.

I'm glad it has ended because the painful wokeness was becoming a joke. If they could have kept it at the level it was in season 1 where it felt more realistic and genuinely representative of society, it would have been much better.
Agree with all of your points. Absolutely love a bit of campness, absolutely hate being lectured.

Ive stillnot finished it- struggling as its just not holding my attention. The new characters are overshadowing the old ones we know and love

Reactions: 4