Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been offered 55 and 70 so far. They are on for 85 😣 paid 89 but they are online office for 95
Can you still get them in Office? As I’d personally rather pay the extra £10 and have the security of returning them if I had any problems. Sorry not much help.

Reactions: 21
SS is four days in to the collection waiting game. How long has she got left, wise ones?
Quoting myself like a total loser, but this particular SS still hasn't sauntered down to her collection point
I wouldn't have minded if she kept her dressing gown on
She's been active on Vinted the whole time
Over a week now
I'm really cross!

Reactions: 2
Selling a pair of trainers brand new in box for 10 less than retail. They are sold out online... only problem is vinted fees etc make it only 5 less than retail.

I missed my return date as thought I liked and would keep but have since seen and bought another pair I love so these now have to go! Any advice or tip for me selling? I don't want to lose too much on them.
I’d say hang on, if they sell out people then get desperate after a little while of not being able to find them.

Quoting myself like a total loser, but this particular SS still hasn't sauntered down to her collection point
I wouldn't have minded if she kept her dressing gown on
She's been active on Vinted the whole time
Over a week now
I'm really cross!
I understand, this is so annoying. I've had an item running late being delivered for about five days, now it's arrived but the buyer hasn't collected it after four days. Provided she does finally pick it up it will be almost two weeks since she purchased it!
Some sales are just so frustrating and then there is the possibility that after about another week I will have to collect it myself.
Complete waste of time.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
IMG_0483.jpeg

It’s been up for less than 24hrs, I beg that someone please buys this because I’m already getting ridiculous offers. Someone messaged me and asked if I’d take £2 for it and to change the price bc they can’t offer that low, and they’d pay right away 💀 I would rather bin it
---
Had someone else request that tshirt, a £5 tshirt and a £7 tshirt for £12. Like yeah no worries I’ll give you the £10 one for free then hun x

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m being petty since my last vinted purchase ended in a bank dispute (buyer protection, what buyer protection!). Purchased a dress because I haven’t learned, took the seller 5 days to post. So I’ll collect it just before the inpost timer is over, and not update that all ok. Sorry to be a tit, but I need this vengeance 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My kid sold a games console etc on ebay and they are taking £20 in fees wtf !!! Is this the norm with eBay nowadays?

• Wow
  • Sad
My kid sold a games console etc on ebay and they are taking £20 in fees wtf !!! Is this the norm with eBay nowadays?
Yeh fees are so high (12.8% + £0.30) unless you list (and sell) during a fees reduction offer period. It feels like a kick in the teeth to pay that amount in fees 😭

I always try to list during their promotions, eBay fees are so rubbish now. I sold a body wash for £8 and after the fees, all I got out of it was £3.46 😠

• Wow
Reactions: 6
IMG_0510.jpeg

Why do people think this is normal behaviour for items that have been up for about 48hrs. Go away!!!!

Reactions: 9
Someone sent me a cheeky offer on an item that had only been on a few hours. Eventually paid full price. Now making me wait the full 2 days for my payment 🖕

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Posted an item of clothing to a buyer in good condition.
Buyer has since said its not as described and is stained. Sent photos in which you can hardly a see a mark.
Agreed to a refund.
Still waiting on buyer to return. Not had original payment through yet either. Assume this is because they have opened up a complaint(?)
Buyer has since left negative feedback which I find unfair as they still have the item and I've been willing to accept a return.
Item left my house clean and stain free 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is this the norm?

ETA The item sold for £4. Is this just pettiness now?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Posted an item of clothing to a buyer in good condition.
Buyer has since said its not as described and is stained. Sent photos in which you can hardly a see a mark.
Agreed to a refund.
Still waiting on buyer to return. Not had original payment through yet either. Assume this is because they have opened up a complaint(?)
Buyer has since left negative feedback which I find unfair as they still have the item and I've been willing to accept a return.
Item left my house clean and stain free 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is this the norm?
If someone raises an issue you do not get the funds until it is resolved. In theory Vinted will hold onto it until you receive it back however if they have left feedback it seems like they have completed the transaction. What can you see on the order page?

If someone raises an issue you do not get the funds until it is resolved. In theory Vinted will hold onto it until you receive it back however if they have left feedback it seems like they have completed the transaction. What can you see on the order page?
It says sale complete and that I should receive payment soon. That was on 31/5

In one message they say I need to start a "send back and return" and in the most recent message they say "I have to approve the return"

I've contacted vinted myself because it just seems off.

In one message they say I need to start a "send back and return" and in the most recent message they say "I have to approve the return"

Who is they? The buyer or vinted? If the sale has completed you should have the funds.

You are right to contact Vinted as the messages are all contradictory. I hope you get the funds.

Selling a toy, looked on eBay and they are listed at £50 but when you filter to sold they are all a round £12/14. Looked on vinted and they are all listed for £27/28 so I thought I would try £20. Within 10 mins I’ve had 5 offers of different people. One guy did £12 £12.50 £13 £13.50 which I declined them all. He then asked what I wanted so I went back with £18.50 and he sent another offer for £13.50 😂 while writing this I’ve had two more offers for £12 for it.
Quoting myself. He kept offering me £13 throughout the evening. I looked at what he was selling and he was selling one for £30!! I messaged and said do you really think I will accept £13 when you are selling one at £30 and blocked him 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.